Chapter 18

Immune : Run or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm going to have to stitch up the wound and that might be very unpleasant" informed the doctor who had just removed the bullet. He had taken care to disinfect what was necessary. He had been able to reassure the others and especially Minghao that nothing very serious had been touched. His shoulder just had to be kept in place for at least two weeks so that the stitches would not come loose.

Of course Minghao volunteered to hold Jun and prevent him from moving while the needle pierced his skin to stitch him up without anesthesia. He screamed in pain as the doctor stuck the needle into his skin before reaching the other end.

(Chinese) "Jun, Jun please it's okay, it's almost over, okay ?"

"Hyung squeezed my hand if you want" Seungkwan came over to help him. He thought he broke his hand when Jun squeezed it really hard.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Mingyu leaned against the counter while Wonwoo stood in front of him with his arms crossed while keeping his distance from him.

"What do you want ? " the elder asked without looking at him.

"I want you to stop giving me the cold shoulder."

"I don't-"
"Don't tell me you're not pouting, I could die because of you, you keep giving me a dirty look" he tried to joke.

"Mingyu I don't feel like laughing."

"So tell me what's your problem with me ?" as Wonwoo did not respond, he continued.
"I'm sorry, I was a fool when I tried to help that man earlier. I just wanted to save him."

"It was completely stupid, yes" added the older man, who was impassive.

"Yes, thank you, I needed that, put me down even more," Mingyu said ironically.
"But even for you to get so upset like that, there must be something else."

"No, your carelessness just annoyed me. " quickly explained Wonwoo to change the subject.

"Why are you blushing ? "

" I'm not blushing, it's the lighting. "

"The light is off. " laughed Mingyu seeing that his hyung was struggling to find an excuse.

"Anyway, are you done ?"

"Yes I just wanted you to hear my apology. "

"Good." Wonwoo started to walk away but Mingyu grabbed his wrist which forced the elder to turn around nonchalantly.

"What ?"

"Am I forgiven ?"

"How do you expect me to hold a grudge against a fool like you." Mingyu knew very well that "Idiot" was an affectionate word when it came out of Wonwoo's mouth.

"Cool." the taller man smiled at Wonwoo with all his teeth, before releasing him.

"Cool." the elder repeated before walking out.
--------------------
The next morning

"Cheol, wake up, it's daytime," Jeonghan said softly and patted the leader's torso. Seunghceol turned his back to him, grumbling about not wanting to get up.

"I know you don't want to get up and face the reality of this world, but we have to find the guys."

No answer.

"Come on, get up." He hit him with the cushion this time.

"Two minutes..." whispered the elder.
They heard noises coming from the kitchen, cupboards closing. The mother was probably preparing breakfast.

"Well I get up ! I'll go help but move your ." he said kissing his shoulder before getting up and leaving. Bad idea because Seungcheol closed his eyes and fell again in the arms of Morpheus.

Ellipse of half an hour

Seungcheol woke up before insulting himself for falling back asleep. He was surprised that Jeonghan had not come to complain about him not getting up. He got dressed slowly, not yet awake, before leaving the room.

The living room was empty. When he got to the kitchen the woman was lingering to make breakfast, but there was no Jeonghan in sight.  Seungcheol greeted her politely before thanking her again for welcoming them in her house.

"Where is Jeonghan ?"

"Uh... he went to take a shower." Strange, he said he was going to help her.

He nodded softly.
"Do you need help?"

"No..."

"Is something wrong ? Where is your son?"

"He's out...he'll be back soon.
He was a little surprised at the woman's answer, which seemed hesitant.

He went to gather his things in the bedroom but was surprised that Jeonghan was taking so long. He returned to the living room but the son had not yet returned. He sat down on the couch in front of a turned-off TV. It was so weird, him being used to spending nights playing video games with the other guys. He remembered that the TV was working only on an official government channel, which had special airwaves that allowed its transmission.

The woman came into the living room at that moment and stopped dead in her tracks when she saw him on the sofa. Why was she so anxious?

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter