Chapter 14

Immune : Run or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This story was written long before the current controversy with Mingyu. Please carats, let's stick together. Seventeen has never needed us more than now.
Let's be patient until the end of the investigation. :)

 

"Be careful there are brambles" advised Soonyoung who was leadIng the group out of the forest to the main road.
After managing to escape from the supply zone with Yoona's help, they followed her advice and immediately joined the forest, which allowed them to escape military surveillance.

They had difficulty advancing among the branches and the muddy paths. They had only been walking for 10 minutes, but it felt like an eternity.

"I sent a message to the manager to tell him that we have escaped and that we will meet them on the main road." explained Woozi while showing his cell phone.
"Are you sure we're on the right path?"
"When are we going to get there?"
 "I'm tired."

"OUCH ! "ah, that was Mingyu who had clumsily releasing a branch in Minghao's head. The latter glanced at the giant, who quickly apologized. Mingyu sighed before asking.
"Can I have some water ? it's so hot".
"No, we're trying to save it, wait until we're really thirsty," replied Soonyoung, who remained serious and concentrated on their path.

"Perfect, we won't need to hide his body, it will be fine here." mumbled Minghao between his teeth by mocking his friend.
"If I die, I'll take you with me to my grave." Mingyu said, turning to his friend to confront him. The conflict was about to escalate, but Wonwoo asked everyone to be quiet. 
"Why are we stop-"Jihoon crushed his hand over Seokmin's mouth to silence him.

There was a cracking sound, and some kind of growling.
"Look over there," Chan whispered, pointing to the source of the noise. They were silent again. Silhouettes were perceptible and seemed to be heading towards the militarized zone.
"We should warn them not to go." Seokmin innocently said. Some agreed and others seemed indecisive or even skeptical. DK and Mingyu approached to move toward the group and try to warned them. One of the people seemed to hear them and turned around. He left the group of "people" and slowly moved closer to Seventeen.

Soonyoung squinted his eyes to try to see who was approaching. It was a man, but what disturbed him was his gait and expression. He had already seen it on the woman he, Scoups and Minghao had met on their way when they were looking for the group in the mini-market. Mingyu and DK continued their way towards the man.

"Uh, hello sir, you shouldn't go to the supply area if that's your intention, we're coming back from there and they don't mean you any good." DK spoke loudly to make himself heard. No answer, the man continued to move towards them. He was reaching the group despite the obstacles, the branches were hitting his face. Suddenly he fell to the ground because of a root. He also had a growl that was not human. Mingyu and Dk rushed to help him get up, while the others were watching with an worried expression. The first reached out his hand to the person who had not seen him at first. All of a sudden, the man raised his head toward them, his mouth open, his eyes with a very bright shade of blue and lifeless.

"MINGYU STEP BACK ! " Soonyoung warned him because he was now sure that the man was no longer human. DK had the reflex to pull Mingyu backwards but unfortunately the two of them fell on the ground. They were now face to face with the zombie who took advantage of the situation for throwing himself on them.

Some members of the group shouted terrified cries, before Woozi, Minghao, Wonwoo and Soonyoung took the lead to help the other two. Mingyu and DK found themselves under the man, pushing him with their arms, trying to get him away from their bodies, but they were struggling and at any second they would let go.

"Please don't get bitten," prayed Vernon, who had been ordered to stay beside Dino, who was just as helpless as he was.

Soonyoung and Jihoon pulled the man of the two friends and threw him further down on the ground while Minghao and Wonwoo helped Mingyu and Seokmin.
"Are you all right, tell me you're all right." Minghao said as he examined the bodies of the other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter