Chapter 11

Immune : Run or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungkwan had to warn Jeonghan about what he had heard. He had made a connection between this woman who had been taken away and what could happen to Jeonghan if they discovered the bite which had healed miraculously. Vernon and Dino didn't seem to react about what they had heard. They were now moving towards the room where a blood test was waiting for them.

"Seungkwan, are you coming ? it's our turn." Vernon said as he was lost in his thoughts.

"I...I need to go to the toilet."

The doctor who was waiting at the door pointed to a corridor on the left so that he could go there, thanked him and then walked towards this corridor. He was about to go into the toilet but felt like he was being watched, in fact a soldier on patrol seemed to have followed him. He pretended not to notice and entered the room.

He locked himself in a toilet and then put his head against the door, "think, think" he whispered to himself. He took out his mobile phone to try to contact his hyung, no network. "".

He suddently heard the toilet door opening. He stopped moving before discreetly looking under the door. He saw a young woman washing her face. Reassured, he pretended to flush the toilet before going out and started to wash his hands at the sink while discreetly looking at her in the mirror in front of them. Her skin was really pale, her eyes surrounded by dark circles. Seungkwan couldn't help but pay attention to her, his usual kindness had taken over.

"Are you all right? "he asked softly in a gentle voice.

The young woman, not expecting anyone to talk to her, turned her head abruptly before stuttering"I ... I ... yes".

She seemed shy and avoided his gaze, her hands resting on the edge of the sink to keep herself upright. He came to hold her arm when she almost fell. When she turned towards him he could see that she was wearing a nursing pin.

"Yoona, right? "he asked as he tried to look at her eyes. She nodded her head in approval. "I am Seungkwan." He took her hand to reassure her.

"I know there is something wrong you look really tired, tell me, maybe I can help you," he said reassuringly.

After a few seconds she confided.
"Unfortunately you can't do anything for me, we are forced to work here, we are watched all the time, we are ordered to test the population. We have to kill people with our own hands, and denounce others who will be guinea pigs in government laboratories. »

She offloaded all the informations without Seungkwan intervening. He listened to her attentively and saw the pain and powerlessness of the woman in her speech.

"I can't... I can't do this anymore, I don't have the strength. "She said, letting herself slide to the ground. Seungkwan knelt down beside her and took her hands.

"I'm sorry" were the only words the young boy found to say about the nurse's situation. He knew that it was already a lost cause if he had to help the woman escape. There may have been 14 of them, but against armed soldiers they were nothing.

"And you, you really had an urgent need or you're just trying to hide to avoid the tests," she asked with a smile.

"I'm hiding because these tests are scaring me," he shivered at the thought, "But at the same time I have to find a way to reach one of my hyungs who might find himself in a tricky situation if I don't find him in time."

He told her what he had heard and the incident at the supermarket.

"Maybe I can help you, I have nothing more to lose, I'm doomed to stay here anyway" she sighed.

Seungkwan's eyes shone when the woman offered to help him.
"It would be great," he said a little too enthusiastically before putting a hand over his mouth. Yoona laughed softly, his melodious laughter was soothing to the younger one.

"I can keep the soldier watching the corridor busy while you go to the room where your friend is" .

"The problem is that I don't know exactly where he is." The woman bit her lip as she was thinking "I think I can get this information from the soldier, I'll write it down on a piece of paper that I'll pass to you discreetly when we meet in the corridor. I can't accompany you to your friend myself, it's too risky. Wait here, when I sneeze twice, come out of the toilet, that means I have the information " they agreed on the rest of the plan. They both got up and wished each other good luck.

"I hope we'll meet again, you don't deserve to stay here".

"I chose this profession and I assume the consequences, i don't know what they will do to my family if i escape." she said determinedly before innocently leaving the room to put the plan into action.
Yoona went in front of the soldier while trying to remain as natural as possible.

"I need to know where Yoon Jeonghan is in order to fill out his medical form, the information was not written on it" she kept a confident tone, the soldier stared at her to decipher the truth of her words.

She pretended to be disinterested while waiting for the answer, she took out a pencil before writing things on a patient's chart to make it more credible.

He seemed to believe her "Room 3, Doctor Shin", she thanked him while writing the information on a piece of paper.
"Thank you" and that's when she pretended to sneeze twice. The soldier looked at her intrigued before she pretended to complain. "Ah those stupid air conditioners".

At the signal, Seungkwan came out of the toilets, before going down the corridor, he bumped his shoulder unfortunately (for the plan)" against the shoulder of the woman who dropped what she had in her hands. The soldier was watching the scene with a raised eyebrow without intervening.

"Excuse me," Seungkwan said before the two of them bent down to pick up her belongings, she gave him the small piece of paper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter