03 And This Is Why I Love Eclipses

Snowy Day at the Bakery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Action, Crack, Drama, Fantasy, Fluff, Historical, Hurt/Comfort, Romance

Summary: Becoming queen would mean Chaewon sacrificing her chance to be with Hitomi. But rejecting to be one would mean she would break an important promise that she had vowed to fulfill.

Word Count: 12995

Hashtag: #SSBB_ILoveEclipses

 

And This Is Why I Love Eclipses

 

“When I grow up, I’ll be the queen that this Kingdom has never seen before. I’ll make sure my name would go down in history and everyone will remember me for bringing this kingdom to its golden age.” A little girl who looks like a cub, lying on the grass with hair disheveled from playing tag proudly declared with much conviction in her voice.

 

“I believe you, unnie! I personally think that you’ll be a great queen! I’ll surely support you all the way and I’ll be your most loyal subject.” A girl, sitting demurely on her side, beamed at her. 

 

“What do you mean you’ll be queen? You should first be like your little sister, someone prim and dignified. Look at you right now; sweaty and soiled. You clearly don’t suit such a pristine position. Dream on! You’ll better be a soldier at this point.” The plump-cheeked girl on her right retorted and then she proceeded to laugh out loud when she received a deathly glare from the older. 

 

“You bread-loving peach! I’ll make sure you’ll never get to see tomorrow!” And the two run on the green meadows, with the cub looking like she’s about to kill a person and the peach overjoyed of the fact that she managed to annoy the pink-haired girl again like she usually does. The other girl was just watching, cheering on the side, very much entertained of the two’s endless bickering (that well, always ends up getting physical because the younger was such a tease and the other one was quick to infuriate). 

 

……….

 

“Yuri-ya, you can’t hide that blush from my eagle eyes. Just tell me you’re crushing on me too. I won’t judge you. I understand that everybody can’t help but fall for my charms.” A duck-like girl said as she winked at the younger girl, grinning at the sight of her rosy cheeks which lasted for about a split-second only because her face was void of emotions now. 

 

Yuri with her blank face, looked at the older and uttered, “You mean duck-like, right? Duck-like eyes.” She then proceeded to focus on her notebook again. 

 

“I see you’re avoiding the topic, huh.” Yena, the other girl said, wriggling her brows at the other, grinning really wide. 

 

“I don’t have to avoid anything. You’re just…” Sparing the older a quick glance, she looked at her from head to toe which made Yena cross her arms, covering her chest (seriously, what the heck did she do this for) and continued, “…simply not my type. I don’t like noisy people. Imagine when we get married and share the same house, I would have to deal with your never-ending chaos? Geez. No thanks.” The younger finished talking then she continued scribbling at her notes again. 

 

“Ya, Yuri-ya, you’re on the stage of marrying already? It’s so touching that you’ve already thought about our relationship that far. You’ve already imagined us being together in the future, didn’t you?” Upon hearing this, the younger then instantly turned her head to look at the older who’s sitting on her bed right now with her jaw dropped; eyes implying that she couldn’t believe what she had just heard.      

 

 “Let me ask you this…are you perhaps…sick in the head or something…?” Yuri asked, one of her brows arching up, circling her index finger on her temples. 

 

“Yup. I’m definitely sick. Lovesick though. My single braincell wouldn’t be able to handle being sick in the head.” The older giggled, laughing at her own comment.

 

“Whatever you say.” The younger, rolling her eyes, went back to finishing the task again (which was supposed to be a paired work that’s why Yena was there but it ended up with Yuri doing it all because even if the older insisted on helping her, the otherwise keeps on happening so she just decided to do it by herself.)

 

Though she still couldn’t escape the older’s antics which bothers the sh*t out of her from time to time. She tried so hard to focus because the deadline of the output was tomorrow (so they both were supposed to pull an all-nighter for this, but yeah, you already know what happened) but the older’s not letting her.  

 

Exhibit number one:

 

“Yuri-ya, Yuri-ya, Yuri-ya! I’m bored, why won’t you let me heeelllppp…”

 

“Yuri-ya, what would you choose, a curry that tastes like poop or a poop that tastes like curry?”

 

“Yuri-ya, do you believe in UFOs? I had befriended one when I was little, and we still keep in touch.”

 

“Yuri-ya…”

 

“Jjoyul…”

 

“My cutie Jjoyuuullll…”

 

“Yuri-ya…”

 

“Yuri-ya…”

 

“Yuri-ya…”

 

“Yuri-ya…”

 

“Yena-unnie can you just please…” Yuri inhaled really deep, “SHUT THE UP?” Yuri, who had reached her boiling point had totally lashed out at the older. 

 

“But I just want to—” The older was about to say something with her head down and index fingers together when Yuri had interrupted her. 

 

“Just what should I do to make you stop and behave for this night? Tell me? What is it? I would gladly do it if it’ll shut you up.” Yuri said standing, one hand on her waist and the other pulling her hair out of frustration. 

 

“You…you’ll do anything? You…you’ll grant any wish? Like, any ‘ANY’?” The older enthusiastically asked with eyes sparkling even brighter than before. 

 

“Uhm…Now I’m kinda having second thoughts but…if it’ll help me have peace in the four corners of this room, then yes. I’m willing to take a risk whatever request that is. Just…not the weird ones. I’m definitely not doing the weird ones.” Yuri said, turning her gaze away from the older at the mention of the last two sentences. 

 

“Ya, Yuri, what weird thoughts are you thinking again?” The older giggled. “But if it’ll bring you tranquility, don’t worry, I wouldn’t ask for anything weird, like what you are thinking right now.” The older laughed out loud for a while but after looking at the younger giving her a ‘ghorlie-are-you-serious-I-had-just-told-you-not-to’ look, she stopped and zipped . 

 

………..

 

“Ya, Chaewon, you totally at your Princess classes but then you’re still hoping you’ll be chosen as queen? Your sister would definitely be preferred by the Royal Council over you.” Hitomi said, looking at the older who was too exhausted in the library learning about the history of their kingdom. 

 

“But at least I passed them all! Not with flying colors, but yeah, what’s important is that I passed them.” Chaewon said, sticking out her tongue at the younger.

 

“Look at yourself right now, a Princess wouldn’t do things like that!” Hitomi lectured her, but then burst out laughing afterwards because she finds Chaewon’s red-as-tomato face and her pouty lips amusing (and rather…lovely, enough to make her heart throb fast.)

 

“But you’re a Princess too and just like me, you don’t act like one.” Chaewon answered, still sulking hard, her pen scribbles became more forceful, almost tearing the paper because she couldn’t argue with the fact that indeed, her sister’s really doing everything better than her—ceremonies, studying, being prim and proper, confidently talking in front of a crowd…name them all and her little sister’s acing them. 

 

She’s even attending an advance class right now and Chaewon’s still stuck with…History sh*ts. 

 

“Why do you desperately want to be the queen? I know you, Ssamu. This isn’t about power or wealth at all. So why…?” Hitomi asked the younger as she tilted her head, peeking at Chaewon’s expression. 

 

“I just…” Chaewon paused, thinking whether she’ll state her reason or not. Sighing, she added, “…you wouldn’t understand it even if I tell you. But it’s really, really important for me to get the throne. I can’t just give that up even if I’m struggling right now.” Chaewon said, bringing her focus back on the books specifically the paragraph that she’s been reading for the umpteenth time now, but she still couldn’t understand a word. 

 

Hitomi noticed the change in the look of the older as she also felt that the atmosphere turned heavy. During times like these are Hitomi completely stopping her agenda of clowning the older because she knows the burden of becoming a royalty for, she is also one. 

 

And a future queen too, for that matter. She has a younger sister as well just like Chaewon, but unlike the two who were only a year apart, there was an obvious between Hitomi’s sister and her (about 4 years) so she was automatically declared by their Royal Council as the rightful heir to the crown. 

 

She genuinely didn’t want for Chaewon to be queen though because of some… personal reasons…but seeing the older’s gloomy and unmotivated face, as opposed to her buoyant and inspired self, she has no other choice but to uplift her spirits and cheer her using any way she could think of.  

 

“It’s fine even if you don’t tell me why…It’s just that…it’s so weird seeing you with your energy down like this. I mean, you’re Chaewon, is it even in your vocabulary to be pathetic over things that have happened already? And if this would help cheer you up, don’t worry I always believe in your skills, Chaewon-a.” Hitomi smiled at her, reaching for her hands on the table, gently squeezing it. 

 

And even if Chaewon wouldn’t admit it because it might boost up the younger’s ego; she had always found strength whenever she looks at the Hitomi’s face. It never fails to remind her that everything’s going to be fine even on situations where she felt hopeless and miserable. 

 

A smile crept up the older’s lips, which she quickly hides with a frown. 

 

“Ya! I saw that! I just made you smile! Instead of receiving a glare from you, did you just smile back at me…?” With eyes wide open, Hitomi placed her hands on , dramatically responding from the older’s reaction. 

 

Chaewon rolled her eyes at her. ‘What a cute peach.’

 

“How about you help me study instead of doing your ‘life-calling’ of annoying me?” Chaewon said as she tried to change the topic of the conversation.

 

“I know you’re just trying to avoid the discussion, but yeah, sure. You’ll never fail on your evaluations once I helped you study. I always ace academic classes in our kingdom.” The younger, winking at the older said as she grabbed the book that Chaewon has been reading. 

 

………..

 

Because she got nothing else to do and she wanted to claim her wish so bad, Yena just decided to sleep on the younger’s bed. 

 

Yuri then continued accomplishing their output. At around 1 AM, she had completely finished it. After making sure that she had already emailed the output to their professor, she stretched out her arms. Feeling tired and burnout, she proceeded to check on the older who was sleeping soundly on her bed with slightly open, murmuring incoherent words. Yuri chuckled at how cute the older looks (well, she is cute in Yuri’s eyes, okay?)

 

Still caught up staring at the older with smile on her lips, she was surprised to hear Yena say her name. 

 

“Yuri…”

 

“Yuri-ya…”

 

“I know you…love me too. Why…won’t you just…admit it?” 

 

With her eyes still closed and maybe her soul still travelling on dreamland, Yena uttered softly, but it was just enough for Yuri to hear it and sense the pain in her voice. 

 

Upon hearing this, Yuri then proceeded to sit at the bed, leaving enough space between her and the older so that she wouldn’t wake her up, caressing her hair with utmost care, she replied, 

 

“I’m sorry I… I couldn’t love you. Even if I want to…I just…can’t. I… brought this upon myself so I must suffer alone. I had long bid goodbye to love and anything related to it. I would never win in love and I have long accepted that fate. 

I… I won’t let you know my real feelings because more than me, I know it is you who would get hurt. I had already sacrificed so much and I couldn’t bear to sacrifice you too…” 

 

………..

 

“And what is this cute little sister of mine up to, these days?” Chaewon said as she peered over the shoulders of the younger, stealing a glance at what she was writing on a parchment paper. 

 

“Unnie! You surprised me! Don’t do that again!” Her sister with brows forming a straight line, hugged the parchment paper on her chest. 

 

“Ya! Is that perhaps…a love letter…?” Chaewon said, pointing at the paper. “Omo! My baby sister’s having a little crush on someone now? Who is it?” Holding the shoulders of the younger, she shook it with much enthusiasm. 

 

“Unnie! Shhh! Somebody might hear you!” The younger said as she covered Chaewon’s mouth. 

 

Raising her arms in the air, Chaewon surrendered. 

 

“Okay, so do you promise not to tell anyone, unnie?” Chaewon just simply nodded at the question because ’s still guarded by the younger’s hands. 

 

“So…who is the lucky guy?” Chaewon said in a hushed but excited tone. 

 

“It’s actually… a girl too, unnie. And she’s someone…we both know. It’s… Hitomi… I’ve liked her ever since we were kids. I…She’s…She’s actually the reason why I gave up the claim on the crown. I just…simply wish to pursue my love for her.” The younger shyly said, placing the paper over her face to hide the blush creeping up her system due to the sudden confession. 

 

“You like…Hitomi…” ‘…too?’ She said the last word only on her mind. 

 

“Chaewon-a! Surprise! My sister and I decided to pay your kingdom a visit. Our father sent us and my sister’s with my mother, talking to the king.” Hitomi, coming out unannounced, run towards the direction of the two. 

 

“Oh, hello there, my cute chingu!” Hitomi patted the head of the younger and then looked at Chaewon with her questioning look. 

 

“Ya! Chaewon, your closest friend had just arrived and yet you’re giving me silence? What’s up with you? And oh, I wanna tell you something. It’s really important and kinda…private…” Hitomi held the older’s hand as she tilted her head to catch her eyes which was fixated on the floor.  

 

“I… Sorry I was just… Uhm…Let’s talk somewhere else, please…” Chaewon said, her voice laced with a tad bit of melancholy. 

 

They proceeded to the palace’s garden with Chaewon keeping quiet on their walk and maintaining a considerable distance from the younger. Hitomi found the older’s behavior uncanny but she just dismissed such thoughts thinking it was just because her final test to determine who would inherit the throne is coming up within a few days. 

 

“Tomi-ya/Chaewon-a” They called each other in unison as they both sat on the grass, looking at the blue sky. It was the season of autumn that time. 

 

“Can I go first? This is really important…” Hitomi said with pleading eyes. 

 

Chaewon just nodded because she’s still weaving her thoughts into coherent sentences and she still…don’t know where to begin her little announcement. 

 

“Chaewon, I know that you really wanna be the queen of this land and I’ve been supporting you and helping you on your every task but… you are aware of the consequences of becoming a queen, right?” Hitomi said, cupping the cheek of the older with her right hand. 

 

“I… don’t wanna surrender you to the throne, Chaewon-a. And I’ve also seen the way you look at me. You can’t hide your feelings for me anymore. I know you like me too. And yes, if it isn’t that obvious yet, I like you, Chaewon. No…I…I think I love you, Chaewon-a. So instead of being the queen of this land…will you be my queen instead? Come and live with me…” Hitomi held the younger’s hand with her free hand. 

 

Chaewon knew this would soon happen; Hitomi’s confession, that is. It wasn’t really a secret that they had grown closer ever since the younger offered her help on studying. Something really shifted after that. Instead of endless, senseless bickering like the usual, it was replaced with deep talks, discussions about themselves, about their dreams, their hobbies, dislikes and anything really, for they find any information about each other as something interesting and worth listening to. 

 

Chaewon had seen the other side of the younger—while she was used to her being a troublemaker, she had realized that Hitomi was also someone responsible and reliable. That she was someone who was willing to do anything; even make fun of herself, just to make her smile whenever she’s feeling down. 

 

And Chaewon fell for that side of her. 

 

Yes. She let herself fall for the younger even if there would be a price for doing so. 

 

‘I’m sorry for being selfish, Hitomi.’

 

And today, she has to deal with it. 

 

“Hitomi…the final test wouldn’t happen anymore…” Chaewon avoided the younger’s gaze and withdrew the hand she was holding. 

 

“Wha-What do you mean? Is it already done?” 

 

“I…My sister she…she decided to give up so the Royal Council had already declared me as the rightful heir unofficially…” Chaewon’s eyes was starting to water and she could feel that a tear would escape her eyes soon. 

 

“And you…you accepted it…I…I thought you would…you know, finally give up once you had learned to admit your feelings on me so I tried so hard…I tried really hard to win your heart so that when this moment comes…you’ll choose me instead of the crown. But I see, you still picked it, huh. 

I guess you value power more than what we have? 

I’m sorry for…for being too confident. I just…I just really thought what I did was enough for you to finally choose me in the end. It just knowing that it wasn’t…That I have to see you marry my sister because of that stupid pact between our kingdoms…” 

 

With her heart shattered into pieces, Hitomi cried in front of the older. She doesn’t really wanna show how vulnerable she is right now, but she couldn’t help it…

 

She was too broken to even think about anything else right now.     

 

“Tomi-ya… I’m sorry… I also lo—” Chaewon too, was crying right now because seeing how pained the younger was brought her immense agony too. 

 

“Don’t say it. Stop saying things you won’t take responsibility for. What would you say? That you love me, too? You love me and yet you won’t choose me? What the heck was that love? Is that the concept of love for you, Chaewon? 

 

That isn’t love.  

 

You’re just simply… selfish.” Hitomi tried to wipe her tears away but it wouldn’t stop from falling. 

 

“I’m saying goodbye to…whatever it is that we had.”

 

………..

 

“Hitomi… I’m s-sorry… I…”

 

“Yuri-ya! Wake up! Yuri-ya!”

 

A voice who called her name had managed to wake her up from her dreams.

 

She’s been having those dreams on a daily basis, without fail, so it had become some kind of a normal routine for her. 

 

However, when the scenarios that were replaying are ‘those’ that she had, just before waking up now, she couldn’t help but be…bothered. 

 

“Are you okay now, Jjoyul? You’ve been crying in your sleep. Was that some kind of a nightmare?” Yena with her worried eyes, passed a glass of water to the younger. 

 

“Uhm…Don’t worry too much about me…it was just a dream. It happens often, I’m used to it by now.” Yuri replied, giving the older a weak smile. 

 

“What do you mean ‘you’re used to it by now?’ Yuri, I’ve seen you cry earlier. That shouldn’t be the state of someone who’s already used to having something bothering her in her sleep. And who the even gets used to something as horrible as a nightmare?” Yena raised her voice a little bit, but then her expression instantly turned soft after seeing that the younger was kinda surprised by her sudden outburst. 

 

“I’m sorry…It’s just that…we’ve been friends for so long, Jjoyul and you’ve always…always kept everything bottled up. Thinking about it now, I don’t even know any personal information about you…or your family background…I’ve always told you things about my childhood but when I tried asking you about yours, you would always try to shift the topic into something else.

I always tried to understand you, Jjoyul. That maybe it is still too early for you to open up to me because maybe that topic was really sensitive for you but…seeing you in that state right now, I think what you really need is someone who would listen to you…someone whom you can share that secret of yours. It isn’t healthy to keep things to yourself, Jjoyul. I…just…wanna help.” Yena said, scratching her nape, directing her gaze on the younger’s eyes, showing that she meant every word that she had said. 

 

Yuri replied with a sad chuckle. “You wouldn’t understand even if I tell you. Heck, maybe you wouldn’t even believe me and you might consider my words ridiculous.” Yuri said, placing the empty glass on the sink and then returning the gaze of the older. 

 

“Then can I now get my wish? You said I could wish for anything, right?” Yena said her eyes painted with seriousness. 

 

“Yeah, sure. What is it? I’m telling you again, I wouldn’t grant weird wishes.” Crossing her arms on her chest, Yuri replied. 

 

“Trust me.” Yena quickly answered. 

 

“W-What? I can’t seem to get what you mean by that. Of course, I trust you, you’re my friend.” The younger was baffled by the older’s words. 

 

“I mean I want you to trust that I would try to understand your secret no matter how ludicrous or out-of-this-world that is. Trust me, Jjoyul. Please…”

 

The younger looked away. Taking a deep sigh, she surrendered, “Okay. But let’s just say what I’m about to share to you is a myth that was set a very long time ago…”

 

“Okay, I’ll take it. I’ll take whatever you say. So, do we start now? It’s a weekend and we don’t have any other assignment aside from the paired work. And I reckon you don’t have any sched today, right? You’re the type to never leave your house if it wasn’t needed and just have food deliveries on your doorstep.” The older excitedly say, seating at the younger’s dining table. 

 

“You have your clothes, right?” The younger randomly asks the older as she opens her closet, fishing for a pair of jeans and a shirt. 

 

“Uhm, yeah? And why’d you ask?” 

 

“Because we’ll be going to the museum…”

 

………..

 

While walking at the palace’s hallways after using the comfort room, Chaewon was about to approach the King’s chamber when she felt a hand pulling her into some place. 

 

Chaewon and her little sister were in the Southern kingdom to pay a visit as a sign of courtesy to the royal family since the wedding to finally unite both of the lands we’re just around the corner. 

 

And by wedding that means, a double wedding. The ruler of the Northern Kingdom will marry the princess of the Southern Kingdom, while the ruler of the South will be wedded to the princess of the North. 

 

Chaewon did not react violently because even if she can’t see the face of the person, just by looking at her back and just by feeling that familiar warmth of the hands that was holding hers, she can tell who that person is. 

 

They went inside an empty room, locking the door afterwards.  

 

“Chaewon-a…I tried so hard to forget about you…I did but I… I couldn’t… My mind, even if it tells me to just focus my attention on some other things…it would…it would still take me back to you… What did you do to me? 

Why is it so hard for me to erase your very existence on my system…? I… would always… find myself thinking about you. Heck, every single thing, even the little ones make me remember you and the memories that we had shared… 

So, after thinking things through… I decided I would just… if… if I can’t get you to give up being queen, then I’ll just renounce being one… The throne… The power… Literally everything that comes with it would not be worth it if that means I would have to sacrifice you…” Cupping the cheeks of the older, cornering her in a wall, Hitomi said with full of sincerity; looking at Chaewon like she’s the only precious thing in the entire universe. 

 

“But you do know that… your council wouldn’t agree, right? Unlike my father, your father’s getting old and it’s just a matter of time before the crown’s passed to you. You know full well that your little sister can’t rule. We can’t… I’m sorry…” With shaky hands, Chaewon placed her’s on top of the older which was still on her cheeks.

 

“But I’m willing to go against the rules! royalty! fate! all those laws! I only want you…I only wanna be with you…why is the universe so against with us being together? Why are you even… siding with it…?”

 

“No, Hitomi…don’t you dare do that huge sacrifice for me…I… I’m not worthy… I… I’m selfish… I only think about myself… I don’t… I didn’t even consider what you would feel when I decided to take the crown! Why do you still love someone as ed up as me?” Chaewon said, pushing the younger away, crying.  

 

“I don’t know, okay? I don’t in’ know why my stupid heart still beats for you even if you had caused me so much pain…I don’t… I don’t really get it as well…” Hitomi said, continuously hitting her left chest, breathing labored because of too much crying.  

 

Cupping the younger’s cheeks with so much care as if she was handling something fragile, Chaewon replied, “I… I don’t deserve that kind of love, Tomi-ya. You deserve someone better than me…someone who would defy the world just so she could be with you and I wanna be that person… So, so bad…

 

But I can’t. Tomi-ya… I love you, but I… I have an important promise to keep… 

 

Tomi-ya… Please choose someone who would choose you too. Over everything else. Someone like…

…my sister.” Pursing her lips, preventing herself from wailing, the older finished her sentence. 

 

“So, this was your plan? You in’ sacrifice me, like a useless thing you could just discard and give to others? You really think that lowly of me, Chaewon? You’re… you’re such an egotistical b*tch. You… you reek of selfishness but then… but then… but then why is the only thing I have on my mind right now is to kiss that lips who had always inflicted torture on me?”

 

“Then do it. 

 

Kiss me. 

 

Kiss me, right now. 

 

Kiss me and tell me tomorrow’s gonna be fine. Kiss me and make sure you’ll be able to kiss all those in’ troubles away.” With burning eyes of misery, Chaewon said. 

 

And so, she did. With much hunger, passion and… greed. They both know this moment was just a stolen one and Hitomi was aware…

 

She was aware that after this, Chaewon won’t still be hers. Chaewon won’t still choose her. Chaewon will still push through being someone else’s queen. 

 

They both are aware of that fact. But that made their kiss even more needy… it was filled with…

 

longing…

 

pain…

 

desperation…   

 

but most of all…

 

it was filled with so much love…

 

Love that they wanted to convey… love that they’ve been keeping within themselves because saying it, shouting it to the world would be wrong. 

 

Love that they both wanna keep…

 

But couldn’t. 

 

Because they weren’t supposed to. 

 

Though still, they did. 

 

And they were supposed to be scared and ashamed and feel guilty…

 

But they weren’t. 

 

Instead they felt free…

 

That kiss, their lips creating its own rhythm… hands intertwined with each other… that moment gave them so much liberation…

 

Though it only lasted for a while.     

  

………..

 

“Jo Yuri! Jo Yuri!” Yena was shaking the younger who was grumbling on her sleep, head resting on her shoulders, seemingly having a nightmare again. 

 

“We’re already here?” The younger then woke up from her slumber, rubbing her eyes and yawning softly. 

 

“Pretty much. I just noticed you’re uncomfortable again, so I decided to wake you up.” Reaching for the younger’s hands, Yena added, “Are you fine now?” She squeezed her hand lightly. 

 

“Sorry, that was dumb. Of course, you’re not.” The older continued without hearing the reply of the younger, scratching her cheek. 

 

“No… I’m… fine.” Smiling to herself, the younger then intertwined their hands together. ‘Of course, I am. Because I’m with you.’

 

“I think we’re already here.” The older announced, gazing over the window, the museum in front of her eyes. 

 

Upon alighting the bus, the older then asked the question that’s been bothering her, “By the way, Jjoyul… I didn’t get to ask you this earlier because you immediately fell asleep but… what’s with the dandelions inside a glass?” The older pointed at the huge bag that the younger had on her back. 

 

“It’s for something that I’ll show you later. For now, let’s proceed to the Museum of Fine Arts.”

 

While walking towards their destination; being dragged by the younger, Yena was looking at their hands that were still intertwined. She wanted to emphasize the word ‘intertwined’, because Yuri could just simply hold it, but she didn’t. 

 

Yena wanted to point that out because she might explode if she wouldn’t, but she fears that the younger might withdraw her hands once she does so. Yena then decided to just suppress the butterflies that’s been invading her system now for as long as… she could. 

 

Yeah. For as long as she could. 

 

They stopped in front of two paintings of castles. They were both majestic; just like those shown in fairytale-themed movies—made of blocks of stones, stack together to form a structure that was made to protect the royal family; adorned with statues that were carefully carved into perfection representing their bloodline’s wealth as well as the power they hold over the people under their regime. 

 

“We’re already here so make sure you’ll be all ears.” The younger uttered with her eyes fixated on the pieces of artwork, meticulously staring at it like she was some sort of an appraiser.  

 

“I’m always born ready to listen to you.” The older answered, smiling at herself. She had never imagined that she would be able to convince the younger to tell her the story that she’s been keeping to herself. But here they are right now and there’s no turning back. 


 

This year’s annual commemoration celebrating the friendship and camaraderie between the two kingdoms would happen in the Northern Kingdom where the reigning dynasty are the Kims. The southern Kingdom, ruled by the Hondas including all its people were invited to rejoice with their neighboring k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter