18 forehead kisses (i'm scared)

Snowy Day at the Bakery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Comedy, Fluff, Romance

Summary: Chaewon wants to kiss Hitomi without the girl having her shoes.

Word Count: 4474

Hashtag: #SSBB_ForeheadKisses

 

forehead kisses (i'm scared)

 

Chaewon wakes up with a busted lip but a smile adorning her face nonetheless, the main reason of her good mood lying beside her. She takes in the numbness on her arm and she looks down to see her reason lying her head on her arm as her hand protectively shields her bedmate’s forehead. She feels the smooth plaster placed on the girl’s forehead, and a wider smile grows on her face.

She remembers what happened yesterday.

Yesterday,

Chaewon had come into a realization and that is that she loves the height difference between her and Hitomi. If they’re going to test it without any cheatings (Hitomi hates being teased about her height that’s why she always wears heels or shoes with big soles), she is sure that her lips are at the perfect height to kiss the younger’s forehead. That thought alone makes her insides flutter as the imaginary pictures of her lips pressed on Hitomi’s forehead floats in her mind. For some reason, it makes her giddy and happy. She finds it quite…weird. But nonetheless, it still brings happiness to her.

It’s an early Thursday morning in for the girls, well, for those who are awake, at least.

Chaeyeon keeps herself entertained with her phone, looking up new clothes in a shopping app that she badly wants to share with her roommate, but with the thought of how late they went to bed last night, the feather refrains herself from it.

Wonyoung, who’s been rattled by Hitomi’s clumsy steps on the second floor, opts to staring at the top of her bunk, wondering if she’s going to order food this early or ask either her Eunbi unnie or Chaeyeon unnie to whip up something for her. She grabs her plushie and hugs it, now wondering if she’s going to go down and cuddle with her Nako unnie or just stay in the confines of her blankets.

Hitomi, however, is already making productive progress as she steps out to the balcony, sunrays hitting her skin as she closes her eyes, stretching out her arms on her side, feeling the cool morning air.

After a few minutes of just breathing in and letting her skin adjust under the sun, Hitomi returns inside and closes the sliding door, grabbing her bag from her bed and going down the stairs, unaware that she had awakened another member.

The radish fairy waits as the almost silent footsteps pass by her door before tiptoeing out of her room.

Chaewon peaks from the corner as she watches Hitomi slips her shoes on, already dressed to go out. Though Chaewon hated math – the total opposite of Hyewon who can spend hours solving a math book – back when she was in school, her eyes and mind can’t help but calculate the exact height the younger girl has as she stands up, finally finished with tying her shoelaces. Hitomi feels eyes from behind and so she turns, surprised that Chaewon was already up. She smiles when Chaewon steps out of the corner, approaching her after she learned that she was spotted. “How come you’re already up? You usually don’t wake up until 10.”

“I heard you going down the stairs.” Chaewon says, stopping just in front of the girl. She blinks her eyes and stares at the girl’s outfit. “Where are you going?”

“Gym. It’s my last day before I continue again next week.” Hitomi turns the doorknob, already turning her back from the girl but the radish fairy reaches for her free hand. Hitomi looks back at the older and raises her eyebrows, confused as to why the girl stopped her.

Chaewon leans and pulls the door to close again, also grabbing Hitomi’s other hand that was on the doorknob. She makes the girl face her and smiles. She pulls Hitomi into a hug and closes her eyes, loving that feeling she always gets whenever the younger girl’s close to her.

“Is this a goodbye hug? It’s not like I’m gonna be away forever. It’s just 3 hours.” Hitomi asks, chuckling when Chaewon only answers with a hum. The bread returns the hug and wraps her arms around Chaewon’s neck, patting Chaewon’s head since she knows that the older girl likes it no matter how much she denies.

Chaewon pulls away and stares at Hitomi for a moment, looks down, and then frowns.

“What’s wrong?” If only Chaewon can tell the bread how much she hates her shoes right now, she would. But she doesn’t.

Because Hitomi doesn’t like it when she gets teased about her height.

And for Chaewon, Hitomi comes before anything else, and yes, that includes her weird wish of being able to kiss Hitomi on her forehead with their normal heights.

“Nothing.” Chaewon hums. She leans down and presses kisses on Hitomi’s cheeks.

“Be safe, okay?” Hitomi nods and gives the older girl a smile again. She lifts her hand and caresses Chaewon’s cheek, gives Chaewon one last cheek kiss and then slips out of the door. Chaewon stays in front of the door for a while, not until Chaeyeon peeps her head out of her room’s door and looks at her with a questioning face. “Who left? I heard the door close.”

Chaewon turns and faces her same age friend. “It was Tomi. She’s going to the gym.”

Chaeyeon stares at Chaewon for a solid minute before saying something after noticing the slight redness on the radish fairy’s cheeks. “She kissed you goodbye, right?” Chaeyeon raises her eyebrows with a teasing tone, eliciting a chuckle from Chaewon.

Chaewon nods. “Only on the cheek though.”

Chaeyeon steps out of the room as she realizes she has someone to talk to in this early morning. She shrugs. “It’s still something though, right?”

“Yeah.” The feather places herself on the couch, shuffling around to look for the remote, wanting to watch some good cartoons in the morning.

Chaewon follows Chaeyeon on the couch, settling herself a good distance away from Chaeyeon who continues to look for that darn remote. She hears her mutter Yuri’s name under her breath, but she doesn’t pay her any mind.

Chaeyeon speaks her mind after giving up on her quest, quietly promising herself she’s gonna watch the marathon of cartoons tomorrow morning instead. “Then how come you look like you’ve been in abstinence?”

Chaewon chuckles.

“Something’s bothering me.” Chaewon confesses to Chaeyeon. The feather turns her body towards Chaewon. “What is it?”

Chaewon takes a few minutes before telling Chaeyeon what had been bothering her for weeks, ever since she joined them again. “I want…to kiss Tomi’s forehead.”

“Unnie, you want to what?” The two turn to see Wonyoung descending from the second floor, a pure look of confusion on her still puffy face. Chaewon sighs, not wanting to explain the reason why.

“I want to kiss Tomi’s forehead.” She repeats as Wonyoung sits on Chaeyeon’s other side and peeps over her shoulder, looking at Chaewon with the same confused look. She blinks and yawns for a bit then rests her head on Chaeyeon’s shoulder, about to speak but Chaeyeon beats her to it.

“So? Kiss her forehead then.” Chaeyeon says what Wonyoung has in her mind. The maknae nods her head in agreement but the lament on Chaewon’s face stays the same.

The radish fairy shakes her head. “I can’t.”

“Why??”

“You know how Hitomi hates the height jokes. So whenever I lean in for a kiss on her cheek or on any place on her face, she always either has her shoes on or she tiptoes, making her a bit taller for my taste.” Chaewon pouts as she slouches on the couch, Chaeyeon and Wonyoung’s eyes on her. “I don’t want her to do anything. Our height difference is perfect the way it is.”

“Wait, so you want to kiss her on her forehead without her having anything on her feet or doing anything to increase her height?”

“Yeah.” Wonyoung stays quiet for a moment, feeling a bit like this was a dejavu happening to her. When she remembers what moment had her thinking, she faces her unnie again.

The maknae points towards one of the rooms downstairs. “Go ask Yujin unnie then.”

Chaewon huffs, putting out her pout harder, the thought of sharing her dilemma with Yujin unsettling her a bit. “Yujin? What would Yujin know about this?”

“She’s tall like you, like us. I think she also had that dilemma with Minjoo unnie but I can’t really recall what happened.” Chaewon stops moving for a moment, thinking if she’s indeed tall just like their second youngest.

She nods when she realizes that she is.

“She did? But Minjoo’s not as…baby-sized as Hitomi. She’s a lot taller than her.” Chaeyeon and Wonyoung burst into laughter when they hear Chaewon’s description of Hitomi’s height.

“I think I need to wake up Nako unnie, she’d want to hear you calling Tomi unnie baby-sized, because that would mean she’s not the smallest one out of all of us.” Wonyoung tells the two after their laughing had ceased.

“Oh. You’re all up early.” Yuri scratches her head when she sees her unnies and Wonyoung all huddled up on the couch. She rounds the couch and jumps towards them and squeezes herself in the middle, joining her unnies’ giggles and groans with her own.

“What are you guys doing here?” Yuri asks after she had calmed down from all the tickles her Chaeyeon unnie and Wonyoung gave her.

“We were talking about Chaewon and Tomi unnie.” Wonyoung tells her as she gives the former girl sitting beside them a teasing look.

Yuri frowns about the lack of details. “About what?”

“Chaewon hates it when Hitomi wears shoes.” Chaeyeon blatantly says, unaware that she had misunderstood the girl’s dilemma.

“You…don’t want Tomi to wear shoes?” Yuri stares at her fellow Joyuriz member with a weird look. “That…doesn’t make any sense.”

Chaewon shakes her head and tries to clear out Yuri’s confusion. “No, Chaeyeon misunderstood what I said. I hate it when Tomi wears shoes or when she tiptoes WHEN I go for a kiss. ONLY for when I want to go for a kiss.”

“Why?”

“Because, she’s taller or sometimes shares the same height as me and my lips won’t meet her forehead.”

Yuri stares at her Chaewon unnie for a moment before turning to her Chaeyeon unnie, then lastly at Wonyoung. “Is this what happens when you…get older? You worry about things like not being able to kiss your special someone’s forehead?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter