26 P.S. I Love You

Snowy Day at the Bakery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Angst, Fluff, Romance

Summary: Despite the distance between them, Chaewon sends her love to Hitomi through her letters...

Word Count: 4381

Hashtag: #SSBB_PSILoveYou

 

P.S. I Love You

 

April 7th

 

Dear Hitomi,

 

Can you believe it’s spring already?

The cherry blossoms are in full bloom now in Seoul! It is so beautiful! I'm sure you will love it!

The ones in Tokyo must be blooming as well. I remembered how beautiful they were when we went to Meguro River to see them that year. It was such a different experience seeing the flowers at night. We walked along the river with the cherry blossom trees on one side and the rows of pink lanterns on the other side, it made me feel like I was in a magical forest! But there were just so many people there that I constantly worried about losing you in the crowd, so I had to hold you tightly in my arms.

Despite the crowd though, we had a lot of fun that night. Let’s go back and see the cherry blossoms again next spring! It’s a promise, okay?

 

Love,

Chaewon

P.S. I love you.


 

"Choi Yena!"

 

Kim Chaewon couldn’t believe her eyes. When she went to bed last night, she was pretty sure she had put away the magazines and cleared the food off the coffee table. The living room was cleaned and tidy, but now it looked like a tornado had run through it. 

 

"Chaewon, I'm your unnie! Show me some respect!" Choi Yena walked out from the kitchen and pointed the spatula at Chaewon. “Stop calling me by my full name!”

 

“I will show you some respect when you start cleaning up after yourself.” Chaewon pointed to the half eaten instant noodles carton and empty coke cans sitting on the coffee table. “What were you doing last night after I went to bed?”

 

“I had an epic gaming session with Hyewon and Kkura!” Yena explained, referring to her two co-workers from the PC Bang. “I’m surprised you didn’t hear me last night.”

 

“I was listening on my headphones to some demos Eunbi-unnie had forwarded and I ended up falling asleep.”

 

“You are always working so hard and you think about work constantly. You really need to relax and have some fun!” Yena walked over to the coffee machine and poured the coffee into a mug. “Oh, maybe you should join us for a session tonight!”

 

“I have to finish the first draft of this song that is due next week, so I will pass and leave you to your gaming sessions.” Chaewon pointed to the mess that was on the coffee table. “If you are gaming again tonight, can you please throw out the garbage before you go to bed? I don’t want to be dealing with cockroaches in the morning!”

 

“Relax a little bit, Chaewon!” Yena walked over to Chaewon with the mug. “Cockroaches won’t come out just because of this.”

 

Chaewon shook her head and sighed in defeat. “I can never win with you.”

 

“It’s a beautiful morning, my dear friend!” Yena held up the mug of coffee and gave it to Chaewon. “Relax and breathe in the wonderful scent of this cup of fine coffee!” 

 

“The only thing I can smell right now is that something is burning.”

 

“Oh no! My eggs!” Yena exclaimed as she ran back into the kitchen.

 

Chaewon chuckled at the older girl’s misfortune. “There’s never a dull moment when Yena-unnie is around.”

 

She took a sip of the coffee and her eyes lit up in surprise. “Yena-unnie is right. This coffee is good.”

 

But then she turned around and caught a glimpse of the messy coffee table. “I guess I should clean up this mess before going to work.”

 

She put down the mug on the dining room table and started to clean up. She took out a garbage bag and put the instant noodle carton and empty pop cans into it. She gathered up the magazines and was about to put them on the bookshelves when her eyes fell on the picture frames that were on the shelves.

 

Chaewon picked up one of the frames and smiled softly at the girl in the picture. She reached up with her other hand and touched the locket that was hanging on the silver necklace around her neck.

 

“Good morning Hitomi. Let’s have a good day today!”

 

* * * * * * * * * * *

 

May 11th

 

Dear Hitomi,

F3’s latest album was released recently and the title track debuted at number 1 on many of the streaming platforms. The album also broke the sales record and became their best selling album to date!

Don’t worry! I know that you are F3’s biggest fan, so I have bought all the different versions of the album. They are all personally signed by the members themselves as well. They said they would do anything for their biggest fan! Don’t you feel honoured?

By the way, Minju said she misses you a lot. I miss you too, Hitomi…

 

Love,

Chaewon

P.S. I love you.


 

Chaewon walked into the studio and stopped suddenly in her tracks.

 

“Good morning, Eunbi-unnie. Umm… What is that?” Chaewon asked hesitantly as she pointed to the basket on the table.

 

Kwon Eunbi turned around and rolled her eyes. “Oh that? That is your roommate’s gift to Yuri.”

 

Chaewon walked over to the table and picked up the basket. “Yena-unnie gave this to Yuri?”

 

“Um hum.” Eunbi answered without taking her eyes off her laptop.

 

“But it’s a basket of cauliflower?”

 

“Yena believes the best way to woo a girl is to stand out from the rest of the suitors. So, instead of giving a bouquet of flowers, she went for a basket of cauliflowers.”

 

“Okay, enough said. Who am I to argue with Yena-unnie’s logic?” Chaewon put the basket back down on the table and walked over to her desk. She put her bag inside the drawer and walked over to the white board that was on the wall.

 

“F3 is coming in this morning for a recording session, right?” Chaewon asked as she looked over the schedule that was written on the white board.

 

“Yujin has a variety recording and Wonyoung has a CM shoot this morning, so Minju is coming in by herself first.” Eunbi looked up from her laptop and glanced at the clock on the wall. “She should be here soon.

 

“Okay, I will get everything set up then.” Chaewon went into the recording booth to prepare for the day’s recording session.

 

Chaewon studied music in university and she was very fortunate to meet a group of people who shared her passion and love for creating good music while she was in school. Upon graduation from university, she joined Panorama Studio, which was led by her senior in university, Eunbi. The Panorama team also consisted of Lee Chaeyeon, who also worked as a dance choreographer and Jo Yuri, a talented singer-songwriter with a beautiful voice. 

 

With their special talent in being able to create catchy tunes that were well-received by music fans, Panorama Studio had gained fame and recognition in the industry in the past few years. Especially since they started to work with F3, a 3-member girl group consisting of Kim Minju, Ahn Yujin and Jang Wonyoung. The group had been gaining popularity in the past year.

 

Chaewon was so focused on getting the tracks ready for recording that she didn’t notice someone else had walked into the room.

 

“Chaewon-unnie!”

 

She turned around when she felt a tap on her shoulder and she noticed Minju standing behind her.

 

“Minju, you surprised me! I didn’t hear you come in.”

 

“I have been calling your name for the past minute, but you were so into what you were doing that you didn’t hear me.” Minju went to the row of seats that lined the back wall and sat down.

 

“I was just getting everything ready for you, you know.” Chaewon said as she sat down next to Minju. “By the way, congratulations for the latest win at Music Core!”

 

“Thanks unnie!” Minju beamed, still feeling the excitement from the win. “But it’s all thanks to you and the Panorama team for creating such an awesome song!”

 

“We know that we are pretty awesome!” Chaewon teased as Minju slapped her lightly on her arm. “But the three of you sang really well on the song and I love the concept your team picked for the album. It really suits the image of the group!”

 

“The Panorama team really knows our strengths and weaknesses well, so you gave us parts that would highlight each of our voices. We really owe you a big thank you.”

 

“Well, you can reward us by having a good recording session today, so we can create another smash hit!”

 

Minju laughed as she stood up. “I like the way you think.”

 

Chaewon walked to the panels of equipment and gestured towards the recording booth. “Are you ready to make more good music?”

 

“Let’s do it!” Minju answered as she walked into the recording booth.

 

Chaewon sat down in front of the panels and waited for Minju to put on the headphones. She reached up and touched the locket. She felt like it gave her strength and she could feel herself getting energized for another recording session.

 

“Let’s create another hit for you, Hitomi!”

 

* * * * * * * * * * *

 

August 1st

 

Dear Hitomi,

I received a birthday card from Nako today. She’s doing well as a veterinarian in Fukuoka. The clinic she works at is very close to a park, so she said she would often take walks during her lunch breaks.

Oh, she sent me a present too! It’s a “Japanese for Beginners” book. She is still making fun of my Japanese. She is also never going to let me forget the incident that happened when we met for the first time. In my defence, it’s really not my fault that “suwatte” (sit down) and “sawatte” (touch) sound so similar to each other! Thank goodness I only touched the chair and not something weird…

And I think my Japanese has improved a lot in the past few years. You would agree with me, right?

But I know I will get even better if I have a good teacher, like the smart and talented Dr. Honda Hitomi. Promise me that you will be my teacher when you come back, okay?

 

Love,

Chaewon

P.S. I love you.


 

“Happy birthday, Chaewon!”

 

Chaewon smiled at her friends. “Thank you everyone!”

 

The small apartment that Chaewon shared with Yena was packed with her closest friends for her special day. The group, consisting of Yena, Eunbi, Chaeyeon and Yuri, along with Yena’s co-workers from work, Kang Hyewon and Miyawaki Sakura, crowded around the small living room, while enjoying d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter