Squid game

Insufficient Funds

*At the leader's office Miren shows all the pictures she took of the guards handling the bodies and kidnapping people*

Miren: Isn't this picture pretty? I didn't even take it with my phone, I bought a professional camera a day before that and decided to use that. It's so clear that you can identify who's in it. 

*The Front Man slams the table, scaring Miren*

Miren: I guess your not interested. I see you...I'll stop and leave if you want me. 

Front Man: What do you want? 

Miren: I want a lot actually. I want to work here. Have my 3 meals a day and get a good night's rest. 

Front Man: Deal. 

Miren: Wait I wasn't finished. When I say I want a meal I mean a filling meal. I've seen what you serve these people. At least I want a good portion size. Promise that and I won't leak the pictures and I'll find people that are good at recruiting. I have a good strategy to lure more people in. 

*The Front Man stands up and puts his hand out and Miren shakes it*

Miren: Remember that your the one on thin ice. If you screw this up, I'll make sure everyone pays for it. 

*Then that one scene where Junho is in the front man's office to see the phone Miren is behind him with a gun*

Miren: What are you doing? 

Junho: I...

Miren: Follow me. 

*Junho follows Miren and they stop when they see the Front Man*

Front Man: Did you take care of the intruder who escaped? 

Miren: Yes I've already dealt with him. I bought a replacement and now I'm showing the ins and outs of this place. 

Front Man: Okay, you do that. I'll let you get back to work. 

*They go to Miren's fancy bedroom and Miren takes off her mask*

Miren: Gosh I'm hot. You can take that off, you want something to drink? 

Junho: I can't take off my mask. 

Miren: I already know your a faker so there's no point in acting. You can't even follow simple directions clearly. 

*Junho takes off his mask and Miren recognizes his face*

Miren: Oh I know you. I've seen you around the city a lot, I never thought I was going to meet you. 

Junho: Thank you. 

Miren: Let me guess, you snuck in? 

Junho: How did you know? 

Miren: You look like an outcast. Which I don't care, I need more friends here. It's boring when everyone has no personality. 

*Miren drinks her soda and sits on the bed*

Junho: How long have you been here? 

Miren: After this Friday it'll be 3 years. That's why I'm worried for you. You shouldn't act suspicious on your first few days. You put the leader on edge. 

Junho: I understand. May I have a water bottle? 

Miren: Sure. 

*Miren hands Junho a water bottle from her mini fridge*

Junho: How did you get in here? 

Miren: My brother was trapped in here before. Our family maybe rich and have connections but my dad financially cut off my brother after he graduated high school. He was in lots of debt and went here. He disappeared for a week and my family tried to find him. He was announced dead but...there was no body. Nothing. All of his stuff was gone. I tracked him down and it led me here. Not to save my brother, but to expose how terrible this place is. 

*Junho drinks his water as Miren sees the phone in his hand*

Miren: When are you planning on leaving? 

Junho: What? 

Miren: Your phone, your holding it tightly. Meaning you plan to expose this place with the little information you have. When are you planning on getting out? 

Junho: Monday. After the VIP guests come. 

Miren: Then I give you advice before you leave. Plan your escape. The boss is always a step ahead of everyone. He knows stuff before you ever think it. Don't stop, keep running unless it's the end. But I have faith in you that you'll do good. 

Junho: Thank you. 

*Then on Monday Miren sweeps the Front's Man area. While the guy is drinking coffee, he gets a call*

Front Man: I'll be right there. Clean this place while I'm gone. 

Miren: Yes sir. 

*The Front Man leaves and Miren continues to sweep. She sees one of the names she remembers and it's Saebyeok, who's now dead*

Miren: Saebyeok? Saebyeok is here? She's...dead? 

*Miren starts crying and ends up calling her doctor*

Miren: Doc, come here. And bring backup. Where am I? 

*Then a year later Miren knocks on the door to Gihun's house as he opens the door*

Miren: Are you Seong Gihun? 

Gihun: Yes, who are you? 

Miren: Miren, I wanted to offer you news that Saebyeok isn't dead. She just woke up from a coma. 

Gihun: What? That can't be, I saw her die. I saw her bleed to death. 

Miren: I saved her. I worked undercover where those games were being held. Not only is Saebyeok alive, but that game center is no longer there. I disposed it and made sure everyone was arrested. 

Gihun: And that man...

Miren: He's gone too. You can keep your money and I'm planning to give Saebyeok her money too. I wanted to tell you this because I want you to see her first. I want the first two familiar faces to be you, her mother, and her brother. I'll give you a ride. 

*Then later Miren is on the balcony smoking until Saebyeok comes*

Saebyeok: Miren? 

Miren: You finally noticed me, it took you long enough. I passed you twice in the same hour at this hospital. 

*Miren turns around and Saebyeok goes to Miren*

Miren: How do you feel? 

Saebyeok: Better. I'm planning on leaving today. 

Miren: Good. I'm glad you're getting better. I wanted to say hi and wonder if I can see you. But since I'm finished, I no longer need to be here. 

*Miren is about to leave until Saebyeok says something*

Saebyeok: You're different than compared to the last time I've seen you. 

Miren: You always say that. But you never explained to me how I became different. 

Saebyeok: You smiled a lot back then. 

*Miren chuckles and turns around*

Miren: A smile is temporary, it won't last forever. I thought you knew that by now. The card is by your clothes, have a good life. 

*Miren leaves and a week later she's working on her computer and thinks of the time her and Saebyeok use to hang out*

Miren: An arcade! Let's go! 

*Flashback to a couple of years ago where they hung out, Miren tries to get a stuff animal out of the claw machine and fails again*

Miren: ! Ah this thing is rigged! I will get you! 

*Miren does it again and gets the stuff animal*

Miren: Yay! 

*Miren gives the stuff animal to Saebyeok*

Miren: Here you go. 

Saebyeok: For me? 

Miren: Yea. I have a lot of these so I thought it would be fair if I gave you one. 

Saebyeok: Thank you. 

*Saebyeok shows a smile and later they go into a photo booth*

Miren: Since you won't smile I won't smile either. Say cheese. 

*Miren ends up smiling as they finish taking pictures*

Saebyeok: Let's take another one. 

Miren: Okay. 

*They go take another picture as Saebyeok pokes Miren's side making her smile, Miren gets pouty*

Miren: Saebyeok! 

Saebyeok: Prepare for the next one. 

*The 2nd photo is Saebyeok pinching Miren's cheeks and the last photo is Saebyeok kissing her cheek*

Miren: Why did you let me smile? 

Saebyeok: Your look better when you smile. Don't try hard to be like me. 

*Miren smiles and the flashback is over, Miren goes outside and sees Saebyeok with her suitcase*

Miren: Saebyeok? What are you doing here? 

Saebyeok: May I talk to you? 

*They go inside and chat over some beer*

Saebyeok: Why didn't you tell me you saved my life? That you made sure I had immediate care? 

Miren: It wasn't a big deal to me. You saved my life all the others times I screwed up, I guess we're even now. 

Saebyeok: You knew it wasn't your fault for that day. 

Miren: Don't lie, you don't need to pretend. If it wasn't for me your money would've never been stolen. And you wouldn't see that guy. Taking care of you is the least I can do. 

Saebyeok: I'm sorry. 

Miren: Why? 

Saebyeok: That because of me you lost your ability to smile. 

*Miren chuckles*

Miren: I lost it before I even met you so you don't need to apologize. 

*Saebyeok then looks around her house*

Saebyeok: Are you planning on living here? 

Miren: No, I want to move but I don't know where to. I remembered you mentioned Jeju. Want to still go there? 

Saebyeok: Only if you go with me. 

*Miren chuckles*

Saebyeok: Wanna play a game? If I win you can go with me to Jeju. 

Miren: Why would I play a game if I know I'm gonna lose? 

Saebyeok: Just play with me. 

*Miren and Saebyeok play rock paper scissors but Miren loses*

Miren: Told you I was going to lose. 

Saebyeok: Good. Time to give you your punishment. 

*Saebyeok comes closer to Miren and ends up tickling her and Miren begs her to stop*

Miren: No! No! Stop! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I AGREED THAT I'M COMING WITH YOU!!

Saebyeok: I know. But you mentioned tickling before. Do you still like it? 

Miren: YEAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

*Miren tries pushing Saebyeok off her and she smiles and stops tickling her*

Saebyeok: Here. Try to push me now. I'll even lean a bit so it'll be easier for you. 

*Miren tries pushing her off the coach but she doesn't move so Saebyeok continues tickling Miren's armpits*

Miren: No! No! PLEASE NO!! HAHAHAHA NO MORE!! 

Saebyeok: Your cute. 

*Saebyeok stops tickling her for the second time and Miren didn't catch what she said*

Miren: What did you say? 

Saebyeok: I said your cute. Don't make me say it again. 

*Miren smiles and tries to kiss Saebyeok but realizes she still on top of her so Saebyeok ends up kissing her*

Saebyeok: Is that better? 

*Then the next night Saebyeok and Miren take a night walk, just the two of them*

Miren: Oh! 

*Miren gets distracted by a store with suits that she leaves Saebyeok but she follows Miren*

Miren: Look at these! 

Saebyeok: Why do you want them? 

Miren: To match your suit you got from the game but instead I put #1. Because I'm your #1. 

*Saebyeok then smiles and then next week they are at a fancy restaurant being served steak, they're wearing the suits*

Saebyeok: Is it delicious? 

Miren: Yea. But I should be the one asking you that since you've never had steak besides that one time. 

Saebyeok: It's tasty. More juicer than the one I tried before. 

Miren: Okay. Love you. 

*Saebyeok stops eating and looks at Miren who's inhaling her food*

Saebyeok: Love you too idiot. 

*Then when they go back home Saebyeok holds Miren bridal style and throws her to the bed*

Miren: Did you have to do that? People are going to think we're a married couple. 

Saebyeok: Should that matter? I always feel like I've been married for ten years whenever we bicker. 

*Saebyeok climbs on top of her while Miren pats her soft hair*

Miren: You've acted extra clingy today. 

Saebyeok: Because you've been teasing me today. Showing me your cute smile...and your tummy. 

Miren: But my belly isn't even exposed. 

Saebyeok: The way your belly was poking out after you ate. Made me flustered. 

*Saebyeok pats Miren's tummy but then tickles it making her giggle*

Miren: Ah Saebyeok...please stop I get easily sensitive there. 

Saebyeok: What happens if I don't wanna stop? 

Miren: Honey...can you show some type of emotion? Your kinda scaring me here. 

*Saebyeok smiles and she pats Miren's cheek*

Miren: You're still scaring me...

*Saebyeok hits Miren's arm*

Miren: Ow! Ok, now I know it's really you. Damn did you have to go that hard...

*Saebyeok laughs and hugs Miren, nuzzling her neck making her laugh but Saebyeok doesn't want to let go of her*

Miren: It tickles! It tickles! 

Saebyeok: Then laugh. I won't stop tickling you until you do. 

*Saebyeok keeps nuzzling her neck as Miren tries to hold her laughter, but when she does laugh Saebyeok enjoys it*

Miren: No! I won't do it! 

*Then after awhile Miren cutely giggles and kicks her feet*

Saebyeok: There it is...the old you. 

Miren: Your still on that old you bull? I changed because you never liked it. 

Saebyeok: I liked you since the first time I locked eyes with you. 

*They kiss and Saebyeok tickles her armpits again with makes them separate lips*

Miren: What now? 

Saebyeok: I want to continue tickling you. 

Miren: Alright! Go ahead. 

🛌