➷。taejin

ONESHOTS ➣ KSJ.BTS

summer dayz

How could one describe the Kim home?

On most days, it's peaceful, a home with two loving parents and the happy smiles and laughter of their three children. But not today... Today is a chaotic disaster.

It started with the last day of school.. wait, no.

It was the burnt pancakes... eh, that's not right either.

Oh right... It all started at three in the morning.

Little Yewon woke up, deciding to bless her parents with her beautiful crying and screams.

Taehyung took one for the team and went to coddle their precious baby girl (Unwillingly... Seokjin pushed him out of their bed)

He got her to calm down and fall back to sleep within a half-hour, and he walked back to their bedroom only to see their daughter Soyi standing at their bedroom door. The smell of vomit was pungent on the child. Taehyung wanted to cry as he grimaced and called for his husband to watch the girl before walking off to clean the mess.

The mess was cleaned. Yewon and Soyi were fast asleep. Everything was going great, and the couple could finally go to bed.. but then they heard a familiar voice at their door.

There stood their eldest, Kitae, with a blanket wrapped around him, tears rolling down his chubby cheeks as he sobbed to his parents about the nightmare he had.

The couple let the boy in their bed, and for the remainder of the night, they had a wedge of their two kids right between them. Their little bodies flipped and kicked around the whole night. Taehyung and Seokjin had hardly slept.

The morning had quickly come, and the two were tired out of their minds. Seokjin tended to Soyi, who begged and begged for her father to nurse her. Kitae stuck right by the older man's side, helping with his little sister.

Taehyung took care of breakfast for the morning, multitasking in between. He had work to do, a lunch to pack, an eight-month-old, to watch, and mouths to feed.

That multitasking the male swore he could do ended with no work done, a Lunchable for Kitae's lunch, a crying baby, and burnt pancakes.

And now here they are. Yewon is in her high chair, throwing her berries at her brother, as Soyi frowns at her rather sad pancakes while Kitae munches away happily.

"Papa is sorry for how breakfast turned out today," Taehyung sighs as he finally takes a seat with the children at the table.

"It's okay! I like your pancakes, papa!" Kitae says with a grin before shoving another fork full in his mouth.

Taehyung looks over at his daughter expectantly, but she shakes her head with a pout.

"I like daddy's better," She mumbles, folding her arms.

Taehyung can only smile as he leans closer to the girl and nods. "I do too," He agrees, making the child giggle.

"Kitae, baby. Are you done eating?" Seokjin questions as he walks into the dining room with the young boy's lunchbox in hand.

Kitae happily nods as he hops up from his seat and throws his small bookbag on his back.

Seokjin smiles as he pats the boy's head affectionately. "Alright, let's get going. We don't wanna miss your last day of school."

The little boy looks up at his father with big sad eyes. "Last day?" He questions. His voice quivers as if his whole world crashed down.

If there's one thing about Kitae, he loves learning and school. He's only in kindergarten and definitely slipped the couple's mind that he doesn't know about summer break.

"Hm. After today your summer vacation starts," Taehyung explains, and the boy pouts.

"So I won't get to see my teacher and friends again?" He asks, sniffling.

Seokjin coos, "Well no--but it's only for a few months."

"Months?" He asks in shock, his little voice cracking.

"Summer days are the best oppa! We can play all day," Soyi chimes in with a big smile as she tries to cheer her older brother up.

"Really? Soyi and me can play all day, daddy?" The boy asks with surprised eyes as he looks over at Seokjin.

The older man nods, shooting a grateful smile at his daughter before looking over at the boy. "Yes, baby. You think you're ready?"

The young boy hesitates as he looks up at his dad. "Wait... But what about my friends?" Kitae asks.

Seokjin hums. "How about this. I'll talk to your friend's parents and set up a playdate that way, you can see them over the break, yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"Yeah? Okay, let's go then!" Seokjin says as he walks the boy over to the door.

Soyi and Taehyung, who's holding Yewon trail behind the two. Seokjin gives the three a kiss goodbye, and Kitae tackles Soyi into a hug before they go.

"So, it's just us for today, my girls. What do you want to do?" Taehyung questions as he looks at the two.

"Let's play princesses, papa!" Soyi says excitedly. She grabs her father's hand as she babbles about the magical kingdom they will create, and Taehyung listens with a fond smile.

Just as Soyi said, summer days are the best.