➷。 taejinkook

ONESHOTS ➣ KSJ.BTS

heartbreak halls

"Kook, you just don't understand! He's so ing perfect. Look at this picture!" My longtime crush and childhood friend Taehyung groans as he pushes another picture of Jin (also a childhood friend of mine) in my face for the tenth time today.

"Isn't he beautiful?" He asks with a wide grin as he creepily his phone screen, I shrug, cringing inwardly as I watch him gush over the older boy.

I truly don't understand how he can't see that I love him more than Jin ever could. Taehyung extremely naive when it comes to my painfully obvious attempts at flirting, he never seems to notices. He never seems to notice anyone besides Jin.

I can't really seem to pinpoint when I actually started liking him, I've always thought since we were kids. We've been friends since like birth, we were inseparable until Jin came around. Of course, we looked up to him but Taehyung had this weird admiration for the older, fawning over him since middle school.

He's always been more interested in Jin. He would follow him around, remember the older's likes and dislikes, and would do anything for him. I'm starting to think he's obsessed. Jin doesn't pay him any mind, he seems more uncomfortable than oblivious. Maybe Taehyung should take a hint. I should do the same.

He tells me that I'm too scary and quiet, I'm the awkward friend that he feels the need to fix. But to him Jin is perfect, he could do no wrong and shouldn't change a thing about himself.

For once I would like him to see me the way he sees the older or at least treat me the same way, but I doubt that would ever happen. I'm completely invisible to him, except for today.

"Kookie, we're gonna be late for class!" Taehyung calls shaking my shoulder gently and I pull away from him.

"You're always daydreaming. What were you thinking about this time?" He asks with a goofy grin plastered across his face.

"Nothing that concerns you," I state, quickly get up from my seat and grab my binder.

"Sure," He drags jokingly as he grabs his things and I waste no time walking to the library doors. I just want to leave. "Jungkook! Wait for me," he yells, running over to me.

I pause for a moment as the other makes his way to me. "Next time try to keep up," I sigh, looking down at my feet.

"I can't keep up if you keep on speeding walking away" he jokes slightly nudging me.

"Right." I sigh leaving him again to walk off to my next class.

"Aw c'mon, Kook!" I hear him yell from down the hallway, and I turn back at him see him talking to Jin. Scoffing I watch the two talk, Taehyung smiling brightly at Jin. He always seems happier with him.

"Of course," I mutter to myself, turning around to bump into, Jimin.

"O-Oh um hey, Jungkook" he stutters, with a nervous smile.

I tend to forget he has had the biggest crush on me since middle school and just so happens to be one of the guys Jin likes. It's an odd predicament we're all in really.

I like Taehyung, Taehyung is in love with Jin, Jin likes Jimin, and Jimin likes me. The circle of heartbreaks--or would it be a square?

From what I know about Jimin, he's a kind person, yet he and Taehyung constantly argue. They aren't on the best terms and I'm certain it has something to do with Jin.

"Hi, hyung," I mutter and he gives me a weak smile before glancing around the emptying hallways.

"Um. I have to go now." He replies awkwardly, walking away.

"Okay," I mutter, giving him one more look before walking into the class.

The bell rings when I walk in and I can feel my classmate's eyes on me as I shuffle over to my seat. "Jungkookie, you were almost late today, that never happens. Is everything okay?" Jin asks with a worried smile.

I look up him almost shocked by his beauty despite seeing him almost every day. His black silky hair, smooth and radiant skin that most people would die for, big bright brown eyes, and pretty lips never fail to almost (almost!) make me fall in love with the older. He's hypnotic.

Jealous strikes as I look over at Taehyung who has a wide adoring smile as he stares at the older.  "Yes, I'm fine. I was just talking to a friend in the hallway," I answer biting the inside of my cheek as I start to take out my work.

The two talk to each other and I can feel the jealousy bubbling inside of me when I watch him softly Taehyung's arm and make his face light up like no other. I can see why Taehyung likes him so much, and I can tell I'll never be good enough.