➷。 jinkook

ONESHOTS ➣ KSJ.BTS

whale u be mine

Jeongguk and Seokjin had a rather… intriguing series of encounters.

Their first meeting was at a park. Seokjin was taking a stroll when a tall and quite buff man ran into him chasing after a small dog, and in the process, spilling coffee all over Seokjin's brand new sweater.

Seokjin chased the man throughout the park, and when he finally caught up to him and his puppy, he got a sheepish smile, the man's name (Jeongguk), and phone number for dry cleaning. He never texted the man, and that was the end of that... or so he thought.

The following day the two met once again. They fought over the last box of jelly doughnuts at a grocery store.

The third time they met was on the bus. Seokjin spilled water all over the younger's lap, and the very moment the bus made a stop, he ran right out, leaving Jeongguk with a stain on his jeans that looked very much like pee.

Another time Seokjin was smacked right on the side of his head with an empty water bottle and looked up to see Jeongguk from his apartment building with a big mischievous grin.

The fourth time he met the male, he found out Jeongguk was his very loud next-door neighbor that had been keeping the older man up nearly every night.

He started seeing Jeongguk more and more, and he hated every moment of it. He began to avoid the male, and it worked. For a week, Seokjin had some peace, a clean sweater, and doughnuts in his pantry. It was absolute bliss.

One night, Seokjin was invited out to a nightclub with his friend Jimin, who had invited someone else. The younger was excited to meet up with the other as he gushed to Seokjin about his friend. No name was ever mentioned, but nonetheless, any friend of Jimin’s, he would consider his friend as well.

Despite his distaste for clubs, he was having a good time, but everything turned sour as he saw a familiar face walk towards their table. It was the same man he had been trying to avoid all week. Jeon Jeongguk.

Seokjin tried to hate him.

He shot the boy glares and mean looks.

He ignored Jeongguk's attempts to strike up a conversation with him.

Hell, he even tried to pretend he wasn't there, but Jeongguk made it surprisingly hard.

Despite all the he put the older through, Jeongguk was kind of sweet… and really cute.

At the end of the night, the two became closer than they both had expected. Jeongguk apologized and gave the older man his number again, and this time Seokjin texted him.

It went pretty well, considering they are now dating. Which oddly also worked out well despite the fact they come from two completely different worlds.

Seokjin is adorable and soft.

The older boy lives for pretty pastel colors and dresses down in fuzzy oversized light-colored sweaters.

He loves collecting cute little figurines of his favorite cartoon characters and stuffed animals. His room looks like a unicorn threw-up pastel pinks and blues all over his bedroom.

Jeongguk is, well… the exact opposite.

His aesthetic is a lot darker compared to his boyfriends.

He wasn't the biggest fan of the color pink but fell in love with the pinkish hue on that dust Seokjin's cheeks and ears when he gets shy... the pink color of his boyfriend's lips... how pink Seokjin's gets when he--

The younger is not as soft unless it comes to Seokjin. He plays well into that big scary boyfriend stereotype. So when Seokjin cuddles with his quite terrifying boyfriend, it definitely turns heads.

The beginning of the couple's relationship had a lot of struggles, one of them being Seokjin's family and peers' disapproval of jeongguk.

Seokjin was born into a wealthy and rather classist family. They looked down on people like Jeongguk, and it took him a long time to break down those biases he was taught as a child. 

His parents wanted better for him.

A pretty girl perhaps from a prestigious family as well. So when Seokjin brought his partner over for their annual family dinner, Jeon Jeongguk to be exact, they were… shocked.    

Jeongguk wore all black and had rips in his jeans. His long dark hair was thrown into a lazy ponytail. His exposed arms were covered in tattoos, and he had piercings on his lip and eyebrow.

Seokjin’s mother looked like she'd faint, while his father was left speechless. Much to the boy's surprise, they gave Jeongguk a chance. Everything was going okay unless the question of Jeongguks career came up.

Seokjin forgot to mention one small thing… His boyfriend is a tattoo artist.

That sent his parents into a frenzy. His father berated Jeongguk asking him how he could ever think he'd be good enough for his son. His mother begged the older to break up with the boy, asking Seokjin if it was all just a sick joke or his way of finally rebelling.

That was the last time Seokjin had seen or spoken to his parents. It was hard to break away from his family meant the world to him, but he couldn't and still can't imagine his life without Jeongguk.

He could live without his parents, who had never made him feel like he was ever good enough. Jeongguk made him realize he doesn't have to be perfect. He doesn't have to have the whole weight of the world on his shoulders. He doesn't have to bear everyone's expectations that hovered over his head since birth. He could just be Seokjin, and that will always be good enough.

Jeongguk changed him for the better despite what his peers and family had thought. They stayed together through thick and thin despite the judgment of others. They loved each other and made a quaint home of their own, making today their third anniversary. 

The older thought it would be a relaxed day. Jeongguk had raved about all the things he wanted to do for Seokjin while the older just wanted to spend a relaxing day at home, enjoying the company of his boyfriend.

He doesn't need a grand gesture from the younger to be satisfied or happy in their relationship. He lives for the small things. And for once, Jeongguk agreed to nothing crazy, just a nice dinner in their home. 

Seokjin was pleasantly surprised to come back home to their apartment that was dimly lit by candles. His eyes went wide as he looked at the meal the younger had prepared for them, and before the male could say anything, Jeongguk greeted him with a bouquet of flowers, sloppy kisses, and a tight hug.

The older lets out a whine, ready to tell the male it's all too much, but Jeongguk gives him a warm smile.

“This is nothing. You deserve so much more than just this, baby,” The younger says fondly.

And Seokjin blushes and says nothing of it for the rest of the day.

He should have known the younger would go all out.

oOo

An hour or so had passed, their stomachs were full as they continued onto the next activity for their wonderful night. A movie.

The two sat on the couch, a remote in Jeongguk’s hand and a blow of ice cream in Seokjin’s. The older perked up with wide eyes, and Jeongguk stared in confusion as the man ran to the front door and came back with his bag.

“I almost forgot! Koo, I have something to show you,” Seokjin says as he pulls a notebook out of his bag.

The younger watches his boyfriend flip through the book with curious eyes. The older stops on a page with a small drawing of a whale.

"A whale," The younger mutters, and the corners of his lips tug into a fond smile as he pulls the book towards himself to get a better look.

“Did you draw this?” Jeongguk questions and Seokjin nods shyly with puffed cheeks making the younger almost coo. “You did really well."

Seokjin’s ears burned at the compliment as he whispered thanks.

"You remember our first date, right?" The older questions timidly.

Jeongguk nods. How could he not? That was a day he could never forget. The day they shared their first kiss.

"Of course I do. We went to the aquarium. Once we made it to the whale's enclosure, you didn't even want to move away. Did you think I forgot? You're my favorite subject, baby. There's no way I'd forget something as special as that day.”

"It's not that-- I was just thinking-” The older pauses as he pursues his lips together.

Jeongguk frowns at the male’s sudden hesitation. He places a gentle hand on the small of the older’s back. "Yeah?" The younger says, urging Seokjin to continue.

"I want to get a tattoo.”

The younger lets out an airy laugh as he stares puzzledly at his boyfriend.

Seokjin has a low pain tolerance and is petrified of needles, and the idea of a tattoo has always been something the older declined.

"Why all of a sudden, baby?" Jeongguk questions, his eyebrows furrowed.

The older shrugs as he plays with the hem of his shirt, a nervous habit of his. Jeongguk grasps Seokjin’s hand, intertwining their fingers with a gentle reassuring smile.

“I was thinking that maybe we could get matching tattoos--” Seokjin pauses as he notices the younger’s uncertain expression “--It's our anniversary, Koo. I wanna do something special.”

“You don't even like needles, love. You can't change your mind halfway through the tattoo. Also, the healing process--”

“Koo, I really want to do this,” Seokjin pouts. And how could Jeongguk ever say no to him when he looks like that.

Jeongguk lets out a sigh. “Alright. If you're completely sure. Let's do it. I love this idea, baby--"

"Yes! Yes! Thank you, Koo!" Seokjin shouts excitedly.
.
"But--" The older gives the male a pout "--Don't look at me like that. I'll be the one doing your tattoo, got it--”

Seokjin cuts the younger off with a kiss. He puls away with starry adoring eyes and a smile that Jeongguk loves so much.

“Wouldn't have it any other way. I love you,” Seokjin mutters as he presses another kiss on the younger’s cheek.

“I love you too, so so much."