20: Losing You

Milk Moustache 2: Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

20

Baby, I would go to war for you,

Build an army if you need me to,

'Cause losing me is better than losing you,

Don't you know that I would die for you?

If I knew that you would make it through?

'Cause losing me is better than losing you.

Losing You - Wonho

 

 

Kwon Eunbi was sitting on the bed in her old room, staring blankly out of the window.

Her mind is empty, and her heart was burdened with so many things that she don’t even know where to begin. Partly because she’s missing Sakura. Her heart is wrenching in pain, thinking about all the things that Sakura had to go through, because of her. And that younger woman just endured it all, because she’s thinking about her, and her happiness.

Punching Irene felt great. She didn’t regret that one bit. That woman deserved to be punched. She wanted to keep going, if only she wasn’t stopped.

She looked at her hands.

She had no idea she was able to do that. Hitting her face with all her might. She’s not the aggressive type. Sure, she gets angry if she’s provoked, but that was a bad habit that she left long ago when she was a teenager. Growing up in a family that stresses so much on their perfect image, she had gotten used to control her emotions and stay calm in any situations.

But she lost it last night. She completely lost it. And she regret that Sakura had to witnessed that.

Suddenly there were knocks on the door.

Whoever knocking didn’t wait for her answer, and just opened the door to enter. Her mother peeked through the door, with her soft gaze and warm smile.

“Can I come in, Eun?”

Eunbi nods, it’s her mother after all.

The older woman walked in, but she wasn’t alone. Her aunt, Eunjin was behind her. Eunbi’s face grimaced. She’s not in the mood to be lectured by her aunt. All that woman ever does is criticize her, and putting her down. Putting her mother down. Though they’re a family, deep inside, she wished they have nothing to do with each other.

The two woman came to her. Her mother sat beside her and reached for her back, rubbing her gently. Her aunt was standing in front of her, with a serious look on her face.

“We got a call from Irene’s side, and she agreed not to press any charges,” she begins.

Eunbi raised an eyebrow, suspicious, “She’s not?”

“Yes.”

“What does she want? Just tell me.”

Her aunt gulped.

Eunbi continued, “I know she’s not letting me go without something in return for her benefit. Is she taking back the money? Or-

She paused.

“Does she wants my girlfriend?” Eunbi said with a scoff.

Both women looked at each other for a bit before they turned to Eunbi again.

“She does wants something from you.”

“I knew it. What is it?”

“She wants you to personally apologize to her.”

Eunbi looked at her aunt in disbelief.

“W-What?”

“She wants you to go to her office and… apologize.”

Eunbi looked away, “Why should I do that?? She was the one who started it! There’s no way will do that! No!”

“It’s true that you hit her face on stage. That was wrong no matter what the reason is. Are you a gangster or something?” Eunjin said, crossing her arms.

“She messed with my girlfriend! She used that money and threatened her! How can I just be calm??”

Eunjin rolled her eyes, “Maybe your girlfriend did it voluntarily. I bet she slept with her even without the money.”

Suddenly Eunbi got off the bed and stood in front of her aunt. Her face had turned red from anger. Her mother stood by her side and grabbed her arm.

“Eun, calm down.”

Eunbi gritted her teeth, “How dare you said that about her. She told me she didn’t do it.”

The older woman looked back at her; her gaze not wavered.

“You thought about it too, right?”

Eunbi gulped.

Her aunt continued, “I think your girlfriend had been cheating on you, and she only come clean about it because she’s about to get caught.”

 

**

 

Sakura was alone at home that afternoon.

Minju and Yujin had left after they had lunch together. The two girls actually tried to cook meals for her and keep her company. They made some kimchi stew that tastes kinda bland and fried the frozen mandu from the fridge, and it was a bit burnt. However, Sakura appreciate their effort, and she ate some. But they couldn’t stay long. Minju had a schedule while Yujin was called back by her parents for some family matters.

She stood by the kitchen sink, washing the bowls that the girls left. She’s there but her mind was elsewhere.

She can’t stop thinking of Eunbi.

She knows that Eunbi is facing deep consequences for what she had done.

She saw the articles on the internet. The articles about what happened at the event last night. There were harsh words thrown at Eunbi by the netizens, criticizing her. They called her a drunk, irresponsible, the flaw of the Kwon family, a spoiled rich heiress and much more. And those words were echoing in her head, repeatedly as if they were talking it to her face.

She gritted her teeth.

She tighten her grip on the sponge that she was holding until her knuckles had turned white. Finally she let it go. She put down the dishes and threw the sponge into the sink.

She sat down on the kitchen floor, hugging her knees to her chest and buried her face.

Tears were streaming down her face again.

“Eun is not like that.”

Eunbi is the most wonderful person she had ever known.

She’s responsible, smart, passionate, and definitely not spoiled as they say.

Ever since she walked into Eunbi’s life, the latter’s life had been turned upside down.

She felt like she’s causing nothing but trouble for her.

It’s true what her aunt said, ‘Sakura is a flaw to you’.

The Japanese girl closed her eyes and leaned her head back. For a while, she stayed there and did nothing other than letting tears ran down her face.

She can’t believe she would be having this kind of thoughts but she did.

Because she loves Eunbi so much, maybe more than herself.

It’s crazy but it’s true.

She would do anything for Eunbi’s sake.

She just loves her so much.

 

So much that she’s willing to let her go.

 

**

 

“Behave yourself, and follow my lead,” Kwon Eunjin said as she was standing beside Eunbi. They were right in front of Bae Irene's office, waiting to meet her.

Eunbi didn't say anything. She had no idea how she's going to act when she saw Irene again. She can't promise that she won't act rashly again. Honestly, she wasn't done with her that night. That deserves it, she thought.

“She will meet you now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter