9: Happening

Milk Moustache 2: Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9

We’re too naïve,

to fall in love with a single glance,

Next time we meet,

Just ignore and pass me by, Baby

You just my happening.

 

Happening, AKMU

 

 

Yujin can’t help but kept glancing at Minju’s hand. Her hands felt itchy, wanting to hold hers.

They were walking together after their IKEA date. It was almost 10pm. They took a cab but Yujin asked the driver to wait for a while because she insisted on walking Minju to her dorm. She said she wanted to show gratitude because Minju helped her picked a wardrobe that’s suitable for the small space she has in her room.

“You don’t have to walk me all the way to my door, you know?” Minju said, glancing at the girl beside her.

“But I’m grateful for today! It’s the least I could do,” Yujin replied, grinning.

The younger girl flashed her dimples and her eye smiles that shaped like crescent moons, and Minju found herself staring for a while. She cleared and looked away. It’s hard for her to deny how attractive Yujin is. On top of her charming personality and honest nature, she’s also beautiful with a dash of boyish persona. It’s what makes Kwon Yujin so irresistible.

“You already gave me this puppy plush as a gift, it’s enough,” Minju said, showing the puppy plush toy she was holding.

Yujin chuckled, “It’s a cute puppy, right?”

Minju stopped walking and held the plush with both her hands. She took a closer look at the doll. It’s a golden retriever dog plush, and it’s quite big, just the nice cuddle size.

“It actually looked like you!” said Minju, putting the puppy’s face next to Yujin.

Yujin stuck out her tongue and put her hands under her chin, mimicking a dog.

Minju laughed.

“You’re just giving me a mini you!”

The younger girl grinned, “That’s why it’s so cute!”

Minju glared at her playfully, “You’re so sneaky.”

“Why? What did I do?” Yujin asked innocently.

“So this is your real intention. You want me to hug this puppy to sleep and think of you, right?”

Yujin scratched the back of her head, “Hehe, you got me.”

She looked down for a bit and then she looked up, meeting Minju’s gaze. They looked at each other for a while, not saying anything. They stood still under the lamp post that’s shining down on them. The street was unusually quiet today.

“W-What is it?” asked Minju casually, ignoring the pounding in her chest.

Suddenly Yujin took a step forward, decreasing the distance between them. The older girl froze, while the latter took another step closer, and another.

She looked into her eyes.

“Unnie, can we… start again?” she asked, slow.

Minju blinked her eyes a few times, “Huh?”

“I miss you. I miss us.”

Yujin gazes softly into her eyes, and slowly she moves closer, and soon her eyes darted down to her lips. The older girl froze, unable to move, as if she was casted by magic. She looked at Yujin’s parted lips closing in, inching closer in slow motion. As if the time had stopped.

And then their lips met.

Minju felt the sensation running through her body with the first contact, and she know she’s unable to fight it anymore. Truth is, she missed her too. She misses this. She kissed her back, wrapping one hand around her waist, pulling her close. She felt Yujin’s hand on her jaw, caressing her delicately as they kiss. The puppy plush was squeezed between them, but they don’t care, and they continue to kiss.

After a while, they parted, with heavy breaths in between them. They looked at each other.

Yujin was smiling in bliss, with her pink flustered cheeks. But then, she noticed that Minju’s expression. The older girl was looking at her with eyebrows creased in confusion.

“Unnie?”

Minju looked away.

“Yujin-ah…”

Yujin waited.

“I can’t,” Minju said.

Yujin gulped, “You can’t what?”

“I can’t date you. Not now.”

“W-What do you mean?”

Minju bit her lip and let the seconds passes.

“I need to think, first. I have to sort out my feelings…” she continued.

Suddenly Yujin takes a few steps back, and her gaze had changed.

“What do you mean feelings?”

Minju kept silent.

Yujin’s lips were trembling as she continued, “Y-You have feelings for someone else?”

“It’s Chaewon, isn’t it?”

Minju shook her head, “Just give me some time to sort it out, Yujin-ah.”

“So I’m just… an option to you?” asked the younger girl, with tears in her eyes.

The older girl walked closer to her and reached for her arm, “Yujin-ah…”

But Yujin pulled her arm away.

She looked at Minju, “I-I have never once… looked at anyone else after I met you. For more than a year, there’s only you in my heart.”

Minju gulped.

Yujin scoffed, “But to you… I’m just an option?”

“Yujin-ah, it’s not like that! I just need a little bit time! It’s just that things are a bit complicated right now, and I want it to be fair for everyone-

“It’s not fair to me,” Yujin cuts in.

She looked at Minju with tears rolling down her cheeks. Minju swallowed.

She continued, “I love you unnie, but this… hurts.”

“Yujin…”

“I better go… the taxi is waiting for me with my stuff…”

“D-Don’t go, let me explain-

Yujin cuts in, “Thank you for today, though it must’ve been… such an agony to you to spend the day with me.”

 

**

 

“The studio is so big! And the equipment is so amazing and expensive, I was worried I would break them the whole time. I kept my hands on myself!” Sakura gushed.

Eunbi watched her wife telling stories of her day with a smile on her face. Sakura was talking with so much enthusiasm, using her hands to make gestures with her top notch expression, it was so fun to watch for her. The two of them were sitting on their bed with their backs against the head rest, preparing to sleep.

“So did you learn anything today? Or you’re just playing around the studio?” Eunbi asked. She reached for Sakura’s head and ruffled her hair playfully.

Sakura huffed, blowing the hair that was covering her face.

“I did! Irene unnie set me up with a teacher, and today we learned about basic music notes, and I get to play the guitar!”

Eunbi raised an eyebrow, “Oh, you met with Irene today?”

Sakura nods, “Yeah, we met for a bit. She showed me around the building.”

The older girl cleared , “Did Irene… said anything?”

“About what?”

Eunbi looked away, “Umm, just this little business deal we’re working on, it’s nothing big.”

Sakura looked at her girlfriend, who was suddenly avoiding her gaze. She does that when she’s hiding something. But then again, maybe she’s overthinking.

“Uhh, baby, so now you know how to play a guitar?” Eunbi asked suddenly.

“Well, I just learned the basics, like how to hold a guitar, and the simple notes…”

“I used to play guitar too, back in my uni days.”

Sakura’s eyes widen, “Really? Why I never know that?”

Eunbi shrugged, “You never asked. Anyway, let’s test out your skills, and see how much you learned today.”

“How? We don’t have a guitar.”

Suddenly Eunbi moved closer and lay on Sakura’s lap.

The Japanese girl laughed.

“What are you doing, Kwon Eunbi?!”

“Practicing guitar,” she replied with a sly smile.

Sakura raised her eyebrows, “You don’t mean you want me to… use you as the guitar?”

“Yes. Play me, baby,” Eunbi said, smirking.

Sakura’s face turned red, “O-Oh, that’s what you mean…”

Eunbi pushed herself up, bringing her face closer to Sakura’s, “So, how do you play a guitar?”

Sakura smiled, “Okay, first you gotta sit comfortably, are you comfortable, babe?”

“Yess.”

“Next, you gotta put the neck of the guitar, to the non-dominant side of your hand, which is my left. We call this, the fretting hand,” Sakura said while putting her left hand around Eunbi’s bare neck.

Eunbi’s lip twitches, “What about your… dominant hand?”

Sakura’s gaze hardened, “The dominant hand… it’s called the strumming hand, should be on the strings side,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter