11: One

Milk Moustache 2: Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11

Someday I’ll lay my love on you,

Baby, I don’t wanna lose it now,

Just one, there’s only you,

Let each day be like the first time we met,

You’re the reason I live,

These feelings are,

Only for you,

You know.

 

One, TVXQ

 

When Eunbi came home that evening, it was already past 12pm. Sakura waited for her in the living room, worried if something happened to her. The older girl only replied her briefly and went straight to the bedroom to wash and change her clothes. She looks tired.

Sakura picked out some clothes for her to wear to sleep and put it on the bed.

Eunbi didn’t talk much when she changed into the clothes her girlfriend picked, just smiled and ruffled Sakura’s hair to thank her. The Japanese girl picked a matching t-shirt with her, with a picture of a cat in front.

“How’s Yujin doing? Is she okay?” Sakura asked. Eunbi nods as she climbed onto the bed and then pulled the covers to her chest.

“She’s alive at least. She’ll… be okay,” she replied.

“So why didn’t she pick up your calls? Did something happen?” Sakura asked.

Eunbi sighed, “Well, she got her heart broken. She got rejected by someone she likes.”

Sakura gasped, “Oh no, Yujinnie. What to do?”

“I helped her assemble the IKEA wardrobe she got and had dinner with her. I think she’ll be okay. I’m gonna call her again tomorrow. Don’t worry.”

Eunbi laid down on the bed and put her head on her pillow, trying to end the conversation.

But Sakura pressed on, “Who’s the girl? Aww poor Yujin…”

“Baby, can we talk tomorrow? I’m really tired today,” Eunbi said.

Sakura looked at her girlfriend who was looking at her with tired eyes.

“I want a cuddle,” the older girl demanded.

Eunbi reached for her arm, pulling her down so that she’ll lay next to her. The younger girl laid down next to her, and Eunbi moved closer, wrapping her arms around her waist and pressed her face on her chest. Sakura welcomed her into her arms, wrapped her tight before kissing her forehead.

“Are you okay, babe? You seem stressed lately,” Sakura asked suddenly.

Eunbi didn’t say anything even though she wasn’t sleeping yet.

“How’s the business deal with Velvet that you told me before?”

“Velvet hasn’t agreed yet…” Eunbi murmured.

“Do you want me to persuade Irene unnie? Since I sometimes bumped into her.”

Eunbi looked up and met Sakura’s eyes.

“You don’t have to do that for me, baby.”

“I just want to help you.”

Eunbi sighed and closed her eyes. She rested her forehead on the younger girl’s chest.

“You’re being with me right now is already a huge help…”

 

**

 

Kim Minju let out a relieved sigh.

She had finally done with the audition for the Innisfree commercial after preparing for it for weeks. She sat down at a sofa in the waiting room, while her manager went to fill up some forms for her. They may find out the result of the audition as soon as next week.

She fidgets with her hands. She hopes she gets the part. Everyone on her agency has been working hard to prepare her for her CF debut, and she didn’t want to let anyone down.

She did the best she could in her condition. She tried hard not to show that she’s been crying lately and applied a lot of makeup to cover her pale complexion.

 

“I love you unnie, but this… hurts.”

 

Suddenly her voice echoes in her head. She closed her eyes.

She can’t forget the look on Yujin’s face when she said that.

The younger girl looked betrayed. Disappointed. Hurt.

She didn’t do anything wrong. All she ever did was love her.

 

But all I ever did was hurt you.

 

I don’t deserve you.

 

Her heart felt heavy, burdened with the emotions, but she’s fighting hard not to cry. She lost count how many times she cried after that day.

She’s barely hanging on.

 

“Are you sleeping?” asked a voice.

Minju opened her eyes and saw a familiar face, smiling at her.

“Chaewon?” she asked, surprised.

Kim Chaewon was grinning and takes a seat next to her without being asked. She looks great, with makeup on and dressed in designer clothes like she was just in a photoshoot.

Chaewon looked closely at her and reached for her hand.

“Are you okay? How’s the audition? Wait, are you crying? It can’t be that bad, right?” she asked continuously.

Minju nods, “I’m okay, the audition was okay too, I guess…but wait-

“Hmm?”

“What are you doing here?”

Chaewon smiled, “I’m here for the audition too.”

“You are? Why didn’t you tell me before?” asked Minju, shocked.

“I can’t just tell it to my rival, right?” Chaewon said with a smirk.

“Rival? Who? Me?”

“I’m just kidding! Minju relax, we’re not even on the same level… I’m clearly better than you,” Chaewon added teasingly.

Minju scoffed and smacked her friend’s shoulder playfully.

“Actually, my agency got me here. The CEO thinks it’s a great opportunity for me, and I got called last minute,” Chaewon explains.

“Oh, then I guess I should wish you good luck. Good luck Kim Chaewon!” Minju said with a fist.

They looked at each other and laughed.

Her expression suddenly turned serious, “Hey Min.”

“Hmm?”

“I know things are a bit messy between us, but…”

Minju gulped.

Chaewon continues, “Before I am the girl who fell in love with you, I’m your best friend too, so…”

They both looked at each other her awkwardly.

“If you need someone to talk to, and just be there for you, remember… you have me. Always.”

Minju looked at her friend, speechless. She could feel her sincerity when she said that. For a while, it feels like her best friend is back; the reliable Chaewon who’s always by her side, before the whole thing gets complicated.

“Hey, Kim Chaewon, your turn is next,” called a voice.

They both looked at the direction and saw a woman in suit, looking at them.

“Okay, Bae CEO-nim, I’ll get ready now,” said Chaewon, immediately standing up.

She waved goodbye at Minju and left with the CEO.

 

Chaewon was walking with Irene along the hallway, heading towards the waiting room.

“Thank you for getting me this opportunity, Bae CEO-nim,” Chaewon said, bowing her head slightly.

Irene smiled, “You asked for my help. This is a piece of cake. Now that I’ve done my part. Try to get closer to her, okay?”

“I’ll try my best.”

“She’s pretty,” Irene said suddenly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter