5: You Always

Milk Moustache 2: Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5: You Always

 

If you want, I can wait,

I’m still the way I am

Because you left alone,

you can just come back the same way

 

If it’s because of my faults,

It’s not too late after you come back,

There’s still time

 

You Always – Daybreak

 

 

“Okay, act natural and laugh together!” Yena said as she was aiming her camera at the two models.

Chaewon linked her arm with Minju and they naturally looked at each other. As soon as their eyes met, they both smiled and giggled, as if they are in their own world. Not caring about the camera, lights and the audience watching them. Minju then laced their fingers together and gazes lovingly into the latter’s eyes. Chaewon mirrored her as Yena continues to snap photos of them.

Hyewon was watching in awe, “Wow, they look really, really great together.”

Chaeyeon who was standing beside her nods, “I know. I really thought they’re dating at first.”

Hyewon raised an eyebrow, “They’re not??”

The barista laughed, “Exactly my reaction when I found out!”

“What’s stopping them? They’re both super attractive, and both gay, like, how can they stay just friends??” Hyewon said, a bit loud.

Chaewon and Minju looked at each other, and suddenly it was awkward. They avoided each other’s eyes immediately.

Yena sighed.

She turned around, “You guys are noisy! You’re interrupting my models!”

Both Chaeyeon and Hyewon became silent after that. For a good 2 minutes before they started again.

Hyewon leaned closer to Chaeyeon’s ear, making the younger girl flustered.

“Is it because of Yujin? Is she still hung up on her?” she said. She meant to whisper but it was still loud.

Minju slowly loosens her grip on Chaewon’s hand and let her go. The short-haired girl acted natural and crossed her arms.

“Yena unnie,” she called.

“Hmm?”

“Why do we have to take these friendly shots? It’s a promo ad for a café, right?” Chaewon asked, stern.

Minju was surprised with her sudden tone.

Yena nods, “Well, you two look great together, there’s really strong chemistry and it’s a waste not to take these-

The photographer gulped. Chaewon was still staring at her.

“You two are already signed to major modelling agencies! It’ll be hard to take photos with you girls in the future!” Yena added jokingly.

Chaewon bit her lip and muttered, “Only Minju is signed to an agency. I’m not.”

Minju watched her friend sighed and knotted her eyebrows. She does that when she’s annoyed.

“Yena unnie, can we end it here?” Minju said suddenly.

She smiled, “I think you have more than the shots you needed. I’m tired.”

Yena nodded, “Oh, okay.”

Minju glanced at her friend, who seems more relaxed now. She walked away from them, without saying anything.

 

**

 

Chaewon and Minju walked together to their dorms after the photoshoot.

They’re currently staying at the student’s housing apartment that their college provided for them. Because they are seniors, they get their own unit each. Minju lives a floor below Chaewon, making it convenient for them to hang out with each other. Chaewon sometimes cooks extra dinner and drop them at Minju’s place.

The road heading to their apartment seems unusually far today. Chaewon was mostly silent as they walk, and Minju was the one who tried to start the conversation. But the latter only gave short replies or just nods.

They walked until they reached the convenience store near their apartment. Chaewon stopped, and Minju stopped too.

“Min, I’m gonna grab some beers. I feel like drinking. You can go in first,” Chaewon said. It’s her longest sentence of the evening.

Minju shook her head, “No it’s okay, I’ll wait here.”

“Suits yourself.”

The short-haired girl entered the store while Minju waited outside. She watched her friend from outside the store, who walked to the refrigerator and opened them. She’s picking a few cans of beers.

Minju bit her lip. Her friend was cold and quiet today, and now she’s buying beers. She only drinks when she’s stressed. Something definitely troubling Chaewon, but Minju wasn’t sure how to approach her. A few minutes later Chaewon was out, holding a bag in one hand.

“Are you going to drink alone?” asked Minju.

Chaewon nodded, “Yeah.”

Minju walked closer to her and linked their arms together, startling Chaewon. The latter looked at her, confused.

“I’ll drink with you.”

Chaewon seems unfazed, “But I didn’t ask you to.”

Minju smiled, “But I want to.”

 

**

 

Their student dorm is small, there’s only one single bed, a bathroom, and a kitchen with a small balcony where they do their laundry. But it does fits two people at a time.

They sat on the wooden floor, where there was a table in between them. They sat there, sipping beers from their hands.

Minju brought over some chips and nuts from her apartment for them to share. Both of them had already changed into their comfortable clothes. Chaewon was wearing a white t-shirt, and coincidentally Minju was wearing the same t-shirt too. Usually they would bicker about it, but today they’re quiet.

Minju took a deep breath and put down her can.

“So, Kim Chaewon. What’s troubling you?”

Chaewon looked up and their eyes met.

“What trouble?”

“Come on, I know it when you’re stressed or annoyed. And today, it’s both.”

Chaewon’s lips twitched, but she didn’t smile. She looked away.

“You annoy me today, Kim Minju.”

“Me? Ohhh what grave mistake have I did today?” Minju asked in an exaggerated way.

Chaewon strained a smile, “You’re just plain annoying, I can’t stand you.”

“Hey!”

She quickly adds, “You’re too perfect, Minju-ah. You make me look like a clown next to you.”

“That’s not true! If you’re a clown, then you’re the prettiest clown I’ve ever seen!”

Chaewon can’t help it, Minju was too cute. She smiled.

And it was like a victory to Minju.

“You smiled, finally!”

Chaewon sighed, “I hate you.”

“You didn’t mean that.”

“Whatever.”

They drank again, silently. Minju didn’t like drinking, but she’s just there for Chaewon. She can barely finish a can, but Chaewon is already onto her third. She has high tolerance and Minju admired that.

“There were two more students I know that signed with an agency this week,” Chaewon suddenly said.

“One of them was signed with Velvet Modelling,” she added.

She sighed, “I’m jealous. It’s like everyone is going to be employed but me. Look at you. You’re already established even before we finish our studies. While me, I’m gonna be jobless, and be burdened with student loans like a loser.”

“Hey, don’t say that. You’re not a loser. You’ll get your chance too,” Minju said.

“Hmm.”

Minju stood up and walked over to Chaewon’s side. She sat beside her, and the latter turned to her.

“Kim Chaewon, you’re amazing, you know that? I’m the one who feels like I didn’t deserve to be friends with someone like you. You’re kind, you’re loyal, you’re honest, you’re so damn pretty-

Chaewon chuckled, “Oh my god, you’re drunk!”

Minju scoffed, “M-Maybe, but I meant what I said! You’re such a great person, Chaewon-ah!”

She shifted closer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter