13: How Long

Milk Moustache 2: Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

13

I'll admit, I was wrong, what else can I say, girl?

Can't you blame my head and not my heart?

I was drunk, I was gone, that don't make it right, but

I promise there were no feelings involved.

How Long, Charlie Puth

 

 

My head hurts.

Why does it hurt so bad?

Sakura could feel nothing but the pounding on her head. She reached to her side, her hands touching the space next to her, looking for her girlfriend, but there was nothing but sheets. She slowly opened her eyes, squinted at the sunlight, and soon she gets a clearer view. She’s back in their bedroom, but Eunbi wasn’t there beside her. She doesn’t remember how she got there, or how she changed her clothes. Everything that happened last night was all a blur to her.

She leaned her back against the head rest, trying to gather her memories. Tracing her steps from the night before.

Suddenly a voice echoes in her head.

“You make me wet, Sakura.”

Sakura’s face turned pale. It felt like a dream, but she knows it wasn’t.

I met Bae Irene last night…

Suddenly Irene’s face flashes on her mind. Her stares, her smirk, and also… her lips.

Sakura let out a loud gasp. She put both hands on , and her heart was beating rapidly. Everything came to her at once, and then she remembered it all.

The kiss by the car.

Irene kissed her, and she didn’t even resist it.

She even kissed her back. And what happened after that, in the car, more kissing, and also touching.

“Oh no, no, no…” Sakura muttered to herself.

“, , , it can’t be happening….”

“I-I was drunk…” she muttered.

“I should’ve resist it… Irene, why…”

Cold sweats were forming on her forehead as she tries to put the pieces together.

Her mind flashes back to the meeting with Irene last night. The beautiful woman with her gorgeous but revealing dress with her suggestive stares, her fiery touches and her mischievous smirk.

Sakura gulped. She should’ve known. She was sending signals all along. She thought she was thinking too much, but she was right.

“W-Was she trying to seduce me?” she talks to herself.

She gulped, “But she knows I have Eun… but why she-

“Baby, have you woke up?” asked a voice sweetly.

Sakura stiffened up as she saw Eunbi came approaching her. Her girlfriend was all ready to go to work, with her full makeup on, and a dark blue suit with slacks. She sat by her side and looked at her closely.

“You came home drunk last night. Who did you drink with?” asked the older girl, curious.

Sakura gulped, “Ah, it’s… er Chaeyeon. I had a drink with Chaeyeon.”

The words came out almost instantly. She had no idea why she lied either, but it’s making her feel terrible.

Eunbi reached for her head and patted her lovingly, and then she caressed her cheek and held it with one hand.

“You have low tolerance, like me, don’t go out drinking with just anyone. It’s dangerous,” said the older girl.

Sakura nodded obediently.

Eunbi smiled, “I have made some breakfast, so you can go eat to sober up. It’s your favourite.”

Sakura’s eyes lit up, “Kimchi Jiggae??”

Eunbi chuckled, “Yes, it’s kimchi jiggae. Here, drinks some water first.”

She said, handing her a cup she took from the table. Sakura took the cup and drank the water without saying anything.

Eunbi stood up, “I’m sorry I can’t have breakfast with you. I have to go to work now, so see you later, okay, my love?”

Sakura snorted at the way Eunbi called her.

“Why? I can’t call you that?”

“It’s just… kinda corny…”

Eunbi smiled, “But it’s true that I love you, love.”

She cupped Sakura’s face and leaned down to give her a peck on her lips. Sakura smiled in bliss. She enjoys being pampered by Eunbi.

“You look great today, babe. Anything important today at work?” Sakura asked.

Eunbi looked at her and smiled, “Well, I got a call from Irene.”

Sakura froze, “I-Irene? W-What does she want with you?”

“I don’t know, she said she’s meeting me sometime today to tell me something.”

“S-Something?”

“I hope it’s good news.”

Eunbi glanced at her watch and gasped, “Oh no, I gotta go now.”

She grabbed her bag and rushed to the door. But before she left, she turned around one more time and winked at her girlfriend.

“See you after work, my love.”

Sakura chuckled, “See you later, babe.”

“Love you, baby.”

“Love you too,” Sakura replied with a smile.

Eunbi closed the door and Sakura could hear her hurried footsteps headed to the front door, followed by the beeping sound of their home security system.

And soon it was silence.

The Japanese girl leaned her back against the headrest again and let out a heavy sigh. She looked around their room, that seems so huge when Eunbi isn’t around. She turned to her side and saw the photo of them in a frame, it was taken by Yena a few months ago. She grabbed the frame to bring it closer and look at the photo closely. Eunbi was hugging her sideways, and kissing her cheek while she was smiling in bliss.

They look so happy. Her hands grabbed the frame tightly.

She wants to protect this.

Protect their happiness, no matter what.

 

**

 

Kim Minju was alone in her room.

She was sitting on the chair at her desk, hugging her knees as she was staring out of the window. It was raining. There was nothing but the sound of the rain hitting the roof. Rain in the season like this only make it colder than usual. She turned up the heater and then rubbed her arms with her hands to keep herself warm.

The silence makes her lost in her own thoughts. Her thoughts that were flooded with her last conversation with her cousin, Sakura.

 

“Listen to your heart.”

“You’ll find your answer there.”

 

She sighed, and mumbled to herself, “So what does my heart says?”

The college girl grabbed the toy plush on her bed.

It was the last gift from Yujin. The puppy plush from IKEA.

She took the doll in her arms and hold it tight. It feels so comfortable to hug it, the puppy plush is half her size and it’s so soft. She put her head on the doll and sighed again. Nothing feels right. She pulled the doll and brought it to her face. The golden retriever puppy doll was looking back at her with its tongue sticking out cutely.

Minju scoffed.

“You really look like Yujin, you know?”

She squished the puppy’s cheeks, pulling it in and out.

“Yah, Kwon Yujin.”

She pouted, “How dare you ignore me. You don’t reply my texts anymore! You don’t even look at me anymore!”

“You never let me explain after that day!”

“You just shut me out and now what? You’re a college’s jock?” she scoffed again.

“You must be happy with all the girls cheering for you at the court, huh?”

“Must you look that attractive playing volleyball? Who do you think you are, huh?”

She bit her lip.

“How dare you… Yujin-ah…”

She looked down, trying to stay composed but, she didn’t know why tears were b in her eyes. She closed her eyes and tears rolling down her cheeks, and it won’t stop. Her shoulders were heaving, and she couldn’t stop sobbing. She was crying so hard that the doll became wet with her tears.

It just felt so hurt somewhere, so much, as if she was cut with a knife, and she didn’t even know why.

“It hurts.”

She put her hand on her chest, and she could feel it was pounding hard. That’s where it hurts. The feeling of sorrow swallowing her in whole, the emptiness and it was all because she was ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter