17: Easier

Milk Moustache 2: Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

17

I love you so much that I hate you, 
Right now‚ it's so hard to blame you, 
'Cause you're so damn beautiful, 
So damn beautiful. 

Easier - 5SOS

 

Sakura looked out of the window of the moving car.

A driver was driving them to the venue tonight. She and Eunbi are going to attend the grand launching of Velvet Hotel. She glanced to the person beside her, her girlfriend, Eunbi. The older girl seemed busy with her phone, she kept scrolling her screen and texting.

Eunbi is at her best today, she’s wearing a fitting black dress, complimenting her body shape. Her hair had been dyed blonde, just the way she wants it, and she looks amazing. A diamond necklace was nestled nicely on her bare neck, to complete her look. Sakura was in awe with her looks, and she can’t stop staring.

Suddenly she looked at her, and her eyes met. Sakura froze at first and then she smiled awkwardly.

Eunbi smiled at her.

“Why?” she asked, gentle.

Sakura chuckled shyly, “Well, you look amazing tonight, and… I’m just admiring.”

Eunbi laughed cutely and she put her phone down. She looked at Sakura, scanning her from top to bottom.

“You’re the one who looks amazing tonight, baby. The long pink hair suits you so much, it’s insane. You’re gorgeous.”

Sakura’s face turned red, “Oh, well, thank you.”

The older girl reached for her girlfriend’s hand and put it on her lap. Sakura looked at her, startled. They didn’t talk much after what happened last night.

Eunbi looked at her, with a soft gaze.

“Baby, I’m sorry I yelled at you last night.”

She looked apologetic. Sakura looked at her, speechless. She didn’t expect her to talk about this, now.

“No, Eun… unnie, don’t say that, I should apologize, not you.”

Eunbi sighed, “I’m sure you have your reasons, but I let emotions took control of me, and I got angry. I don’t like how it ended last night, that was cowardly of me, so I’m sorry, Kkura-ya.”

But maybe this is the right time for her to tell about it. She only has till tonight to answer Irene. She can’t drag this any longer.

Sakura bit her lip, “No, actually, I have things to tell you.”

Eunbi raised an eyebrow, “What is it? You can tell me anything, baby.”

“But, I hope it doesn’t change anything between us. I hope you can stay calm.”

“What is this about? Don’t worry, I’m calm. You know I’m good at that,” Eunbi replied with a chuckle.

Sakura took a deep breath, “Well, the reason why I-

“Oh, we’re here,” Eunbi said suddenly.

They have arrived at the driveway of the hotel, where there were flashes of lights from the reporters who came to cover the event.

Eunbi brought Sakura’s hand to and kissed her knuckles.

“Let’s talk about it when we get home later, okay?”

“But-

“Don’t worry, I love you, Kkura. No matter what.”

Sakura sighed.

“Oh, when you’re meeting grandpa later, praise his moustache. He takes good care of his facial hair, like they’re his child. Maybe that’ll help you get on his good side,” Eunbi adds.

The car stopped right in front of the red carpet walkway. Eunbi grabbed Sakura’s hand tight and she smiled at her. She looks nervous, maybe because she’ll be showing her girlfriend in a public event for the first time, or maybe because she’ll be making a speech later, Sakura couldn’t tell. The chauffeur opened the door for them and they walked out, hand in hand walking through the red carpet.

 

 

“Who’s the pretty lady, Ms. Kwon?”

“Is that your girlfriend?”

“You two look great together!”

“What’s the lady’s name, Ms. Kwon?”

They got bombarded with questions as they pose at the photo wall. Sakura just smiled and waved, with her arm securely locked around Eunbi’s. The older girl sure is experienced with the press, she makes jokes with them and answered their questions swiftly.

“She’s my girlfriend, Sakura,” Eunbi replied proudly.

Cameras continues to flash on them, as if they are the main characters for the night.

But not for long.

“BAE IRENE IS HERE!” someone shouted.

Suddenly all the cameras rushed to the other side of the red carpet, where an important person had arrived.

Irene was there, her long dark wavy hair was middle parted, and they were loosely covering her shoulders. She was wearing a black off shoulder dress, revealing her perfect collarbone, with a diamond necklace hanging around it. She pushed back her hair and tucked it behind her left ear, showing off her diamond studded earrings that’s sparkling under the lights.

She looks like a modern day princess, that stepped out of a movie. Kind of unreal.

She smiled and waved, and the cameras were snapping like crazy. A statement that she’s the star of the evening.

Sakura looked at the woman that everyone adored, with a sick feeling in her stomach.

And also fear. She’s scared of that woman.

Eunbi sighed, “Irene does Irene things. She’s pretty, I admit that.”

The older girl glanced at her girlfriend whose hands felt cold.

“Are you okay?”

Sakura looked at her girlfriend, who was watching her with concerned look on her face.

“Baby, you look pale. Are you feeling sick? Do you want to go home? We can go back right now.”

The younger girl shook her head, “N-No, I’m okay. It’s an important day for you! I’m just nervous meeting your family later…”

Eunbi smiled, “Don’t worry! Just be yourself! I’ll be with you the whole time.”

“Don’t leave me alone, okay? I don’t know other people here…”

“I promise. We’ll stick together, okay?”

Suddenly another car pulled up at the driveway. Two ladies walked out of the car, and the cameras started to flashes like crazy again.

“I guess that’s the guest celebrities, let’s go inside, baby,” Eunbi said, pulling along Sakura with her into the venue.

 

**

 

Minju tried to keep her eyes open.

The cameras were flashing on her face nonstop, but she continues to smile and poses her best. It’s her first red carpet, but she’s not as nervous since she’s not there alone. She felt the strong grip on her waist, and she glanced to her side. Her date for the night, Chaewon was looking at her at that time and their eyes met by coincidence. They both chuckled as the cameras continue to capture their overflowing chemistry.

“You two are so pretty!”

“Look at each other more!”

“Wow, so attractive!”

“CEO Bae, why don’t you take photos with them too?” suggested one of the reporters.

Irene stepped in and stood in between them. She put her arms around the girls and they posed for the cameras.

“They’re so tall, I’m having complex standing with them,” said the CEO with a laugh.

Chaewon chuckled, “But you’re the one who’s making us insecure because you’re too beautiful, Ms. Irene!”

Minju just smiled along with them.

“They are the new faces of Innisfree, the company that we’re currently investing in,” said Irene to the reporters.

“Chaewon here is a model from our company, and a fun fact for today… I personally picked her,” she added proudly.

The reporters praised her for having good eye for talent.

Irene suddenly adds, “Oh yes, they’re also a couple.”

Minju looked at the older girl, stunned.

The reporters were then asking more questions about her relationship with Chaewon. Irene smiled at her and Chaewon before moving away into the venue.

“How long have you been dating?”

“No wonder the chemistry is insane!”

“Lesbian couples are definitely different!”

Minju looked at Chaewon who looked just as puzzled as she was.

“Let’s just… get inside, Min,” Chaewon said, before dragging her into the venue.

 

 

**

 

Chaewon and Minju were one of the popular couple of the night.

Since Irene introduced them as the new upcoming models that she personally picked, the attention turned to them. People came to them, introducing themselves and get friendly with them, and exchanges contact numbers. Luckily they’re there with their agents, and they’re the ones collecting the business cards thrown at them.

And people really do thinks they’re a couple. Minju tried to explain it at first, but no one really takes her seriously. Irene’s words itself is the fact that people believe.

After a few tries, she had given up and went along with it. But Chaewon didn’t even bother trying, making Minju more frustrated.

“What was that?” asked Minju, once they’re alone.

They’re at a corner of the hall, away from other people.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter