2: Take My Breath Away

Milk Moustache 2: Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MM2

Chapter 2 – Take My Breath Away

 

Watching I keep waiting
Still anticipating love
Never hesitating to become the fated ones
Turning and returning
To some secret place to hide
Watching in slow motion
As you turn to me and say

Take my breath away

Take My Breath Away, Berlin

https://open.spotify.com/track/15MJ5NThPjj6xhPcts8MiY?si=6HguhVLWTNuRrCscEY2RVw

 

 

It was an evening at Milk Moustache Café, who were just a week away from the grand opening.

Sakura and Chaeyeon were there since the afternoon, and then Minju and Chaewon also dropped by after their classes. Eunbi had just arrived half an hour ago, and she’s still in her office attire, but she insisted to help.

Sakura and Minju were arranging some flowers into the small vases. They were going to put the vases on the tables as center pieces. The younger girl grabbed a pink flower and mixed it with the peach ones.

“No, don’t mix them together,” Sakura said.

Minju creased her eyebrows, “But they look better if you mix them. See.”

Sakura shook her head, “I don’t think so. The pinks should stay in a place, they look so awkward like that!”

The younger girl scoffed, “How is this awkward, unnie? This is prettier!”

Sakura sighed and turned around, “Chaewon-ah, can you help me with the flower please? Minju is messing up everything.”

Minju scoffed again, louder this time, “Kkura unnie, don’t you trust me? I already arranged it!”

“You’re so bad at this, Min.”

Chaewon who was helping Eunbi at the bar put down the glasses she was holding and walked over to the cousins.

She sat down next to Minju and smiled, “Minju is a flower herself, that’s why.”

Chaewon said it casually, but Minju’s cheeks had turned red.

Sakura raised an eyebrow, “Oooh?”

“Are you two dating?” asked Chaeyeon bluntly.

She walked to them with a tray of drinks and put them on the nearby table.

“Here lovebirds, you two can share this. It’s still experimental, so tell me how it tastes, I need feedback,” she said, handing them a cup, and another one to Sakura.

Chaewon smiled widely and handed the cup to Minju, “Try it first, babe.”

Minju rolled her eyes and grabbed the cup, “You’re the reason people think we’re dating.”

“You guys are not a couple?” asked Chaeyeon, with an eyebrow raised.

“We’re not dating,” replied Minju.

“I don’t mind if we are,” added Chaewon immediately.

Minju quickly sips her drink, ignoring her friend.

Chaeyeon and Sakura looked at each other, feeling rather awkward with them.

“Kkura baby, where do you want to put this frame?” asked a voice.

They all turned to look at the direction and saw Eunbi standing by the counter. She was holding a frame in one hand, and a hammer in another. She already took off her coat, leaving her with her white dress shirt and grey slacks. Her sleeves were folded to her elbow, with some strands of hair fell on her forehead. She was slightly sweating too, and it sticks on her face.

She looks attractive.

“Woah,” Chaewon blurted.

Even Sakura who sleeps in the same bed with her everyday got her jaw hanging at the sight.

“Ma’am, are you single?” asked Chaeyeon out of the blue.

Sakura glared at her friend, while the two college girls bursts out laughing.

Eunbi snorted as well, “Sorry Chaeyeon, the last time I checked, I belong to this Japanese girl.”

Sakura got up immediately and walked to her girlfriend. Eunbi grinned watching her girl’s face turning red.

She smacked her arm, “Stop looking so attractive, Kwon Eunbi.”

“I’m sorry baby, I didn’t mean to. I’m just trying to hang a frame on the wall.”

She put an arm around Sakura’s waist and pulled her close. She leaned to her left ear.

She whispered, “If you’re so mad, I’ll… push you against the wall to make it up to you later, okay?”

Sakura’s ears turned red, and her whole body felt hot. She pushed her away playfully.

“You’re unbelievable.”

Eunbi ran her hand through her hair and smirked, “I know.”

 

 

**

 

 

Minju was staying over at Sakura and Eunbi’s house that night, because she has an early shooting schedule with Glitter Magazine. She sometimes stays there whenever she has schedule, as insisted by Eunbi. It’s more convenient for her to take Minju to the set next morning. She is their star model after all.

The cousins were sitting in the living room, watching TV, while Eunbi was at the dining table with her laptop. She said she still have some work to finish.

“Lately I’m really into music, you know? Like the instruments and the technicalities, the composition, it’s all very interesting,” Sakura said as they were watching an episode of Yoo Hee Yul’s Sketchbook.

The show was showing the singer, IU singing with her soothing voice with the companion of the live band. Sakura can’t help but watches eagerly.

Minju nods, “Well, you were a musical actress when you were a kid, unnie. I think you have always have that music side in you.”

Sakura smiled, “That’s why I’m thinking of setting up a simple audio setup at the café. What do you think?”

“Such as?”

“Good speakers, amp and turntable, maybe keyboard or a piano, those things.”

“Hmm, I think that’s a great idea. It could give the café some identity that could differentiate them from others. Lately LP cafés is the trend.”

Sakura grinned and then she turned around to face Eunbi who was busy in front of the laptop.

“Right? What do you think, Eun? Should I buy them?”

Eunbi pushed up her glasses and looked at Sakura.

“Just buy anything you want baby. I trust you.”

Sakura smiled, “Great! I’ll call her up tomorrow.”

Minju chuckled, “Her? Who?”

“Oh… the music store salesperson,” she replied with a cheeky smile.

She leaned closer to Minju, she gushed, “That lady is seriously so pretty, like a goddess or something… but don’t tell Eunbi.”

The younger girl chuckled and slapped her cousin’s arm. They both laughed.

Eunbi looked up from her screen, “What’s so funny? Are you girls talking about me?”

Sakura quickly shook her head, “What? No! We were talking about something else!”

Eunbi fixed her gaze on her girlfriend, “Oh really?”

“Yes! Minju was asking about… er Yujin!”

Minju’s eyes widen and she looked at her cousin in shock.

“Kkura unnie!”

Eunbi leaned back on her chair and looked at Minju.

“Ah, so you’ve heard about Yujin? That’s fast.”

Minju gulped, “A-About what?”

“She recently started her college life. She’s so excited about it, she won’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter