18: 帰ろう

Milk Moustache 2: Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

18

You’re like a lamp,

I always search for the light,

I’m not afraid, though,

I don’t have anything to lose,

I didn’t have anything since the beginning.

帰ろう – Fujii Kaze

 

 

Sakura stood there, leaning her back against the wall.

She didn’t care if it was cold, if it would ruin her dress. She’s lost deeply in her thoughts. The conversation between Eunbi and her aunt kept repeating in her mind. She saw the way the older woman looking at her girlfriend. She was looking down on her, and it shows. Eunbi tried her best to stand by her decisions, no matter how much it had affected her, but it’s hard seeing her that way.

 

Irene was right.

Eunbi got into this mess because she chose to be with me.

 

Sakura bit her lip, trying her best to contain her emotions. She’s wondering if she’s worth it, for Eunbi to be losing everything for. She remembered the first time she met Eunbi two years ago. That confident woman who was respected by everyone. She had full support of the board and was almost made as CEO, before she came barging into her life. Suddenly everything changed. They appointed her aunt, Kwon Eunjin as CEO and Eunbi was pushed aside.

 

Is it fair for Eunbi?

Is she being selfish?

 

Suddenly she heard the rustles of steps and murmured voices. There are people coming her way. She stood straight and looked away, hiding her face.

“Oh, Sakura, is that you?” asked a voice.

Seems like she’s not very good at hiding.

She looked up and saw a familiar face.

Bae Irene was there.

The young CEO was looking at her with an amused look on her face. There were two other people beside her, a man and a woman, who seems like her assistants. They were carrying files and tablets in their hands.

Sakura looked at the older girl, trying to reply but the words couldn’t come out.

The older woman smiled.

“Can you two leave us alone for a bit? I have something to talk to Sakura in private,” she said, glancing at her the two people behind her.

“But Bae CEO-nim, you’re up for the speech soon,” said the man, who is her publicist.

“It’s okay, it won’t take long,” Irene replied with a smile.

The two staff walked further and waited for her from a safe distance. Irene turned to look at Sakura who can’t even lift her head.

“Sakura,” she called, gentle.

“Look at me.”

Sakura reluctantly looked at her.

“Are you okay? Why you’re looking so grim?”

Sakura scoffs, “Don’t pretend like you care about me.”

“Of course I care about you. My heart is nothing but sincere towards you, how could you say that…”

“Bull, you can fool others but I know who the -

Sakura couldn’t continue when she felt a finger pressed on her lips.

“Save the for tonight, honey,” Irene said, smirking.

Sakura gulped.

She grabbed Sakura’s hand and slipped a card into her hand.

“You know what this is, don’t you?”

The Japanese girl was speechless.

“It’s the key to the suite. I’ll be waiting for you.”

Tears were b in Sakura’s eyes, ready to spill any moment. But she bit her cheek, not wanting to falter in front of this woman.

Irene graced her hand on Sakura’s bare neck and ran it down to her shoulder and arm while the Japanese girl was frozen in shock.

She leaned closer to her ear.

“I can’t wait to unwrap you,” she whispered.

 

 

**

 

“We’re looking forward to the great things that will be achieved in the future,” said the mayor of Seoul.

Velvet Executive director, Bae Sehun smiled and nodded, “Yes, you can definitely look forward to that. We have a lot of things planned that’s going to turn Seoul into a fashion district.”

“With the help of the big names in the fashion industry like Glitter, we can definitely make it happen,” he added, glancing at the two women by her side.

There were two of Glitter representatives there, the Executive Director, Kwon Eunbi and the CEO, Kwon Eunjin.

Eunbi smiled and nodded, “We’re the one who should be saying that. I can’t stress enough how much grateful we are when Velvet agreed with us on this venture.”

Sehun, who is also Irene’s younger brother chuckled.

“Well, it’s not that surprising considering how fond is my sister towards you, Eunbi unnie.”

Eunbi looked at him, stunned.

He quickly adds, “Ah, I mean, since our families are close, and actually this venture more about the long-time friendship between our grandfathers. It’s a tribute for them.”

The mayor laughed, “I heard from many about how prominent were your grandfathers were in the 70s, they were the force to be reckon with in publishing.”

Kwon Eunjin adds, “Well, you’re about to witness this powerful business partners again, but this time with the new generations!”

Eunbi laughed along with them, but every now and then her eyes were scanning the room for someone. Sakura hasn’t come back from the restroom, and she’s getting worried.

Suddenly she saw Yujin walking towards the table, alone.

She grabbed her hand as she was passing by her.

“Yujin.”

“Oh, unnie.”

“Where is Kkura? Why are you alone?”

Yujin looked around, “Eh, she’s not here yet? She left before me. I thought she’d be here already.”

“What? Where is she now?”

“I don’t know.”

Yujin left with a shrug.

Eunbi gulped. She has a bad feeling about this. Sakura said she didn’t know anyone else, and she had promised to her that they’ll stick together.

She was about to leave when suddenly her aunt grabbed her arm.

“Where are you going?”

“I-I have to find Sakura.”

The older woman leaned closer to her ear, “We’re in the middle of a conversation with the mayor. And the event going to start soon. Don’t you dare leave.”

“I think you can handle this alone, Aunt.”

“You said you’re a professional. I’m disappointed,” said Eunjin.

Eunbi gulped.

“Are you going to leave now? She’s not a child, she’ll be fine.”

“But if you still want to go, then go.”

 

 

**

 

Chaewon was sitting at the bar, her hand was holding her third glass for the evening.

She brought the glass to , taking another sip of the drink as she closed her eyes. She let the taste burning in , as if that would take away all her thoughts.

She shouldn’t be there drinking, she knows that. Irene invited her there as a representative, and had high expectations of her to mingle and make a good impression with the big names in the industry. She knows this kind of opportunity doesn’t come by easily, she knows that.

But she can’t fake how she feels.

She’s been faking it for so long, and now she can’t do it anymore. To smile when all she wanted to do was cry, to pretend to be happy, when her own heart was breaking.

To be in an unrequited love is painful.

“It’s stupid…” she muttered to herself.

She tried to chug her glass, but it was empty. She looked at the bartender.

“Can you get me another glass of this?”

“But you already had three, and shouldn’t you be at the event?” he asked, concerned.

“I-

“You already had three?” asked a voice.

Chaewon turned to her side and saw Velvet CEO, Irene. She was there with her two assistants behind her.

“Ah, CEO Bae…” Chaewon slurred.

Irene went to her side and grabbed the glass from her, returning it to the bartender.

“I got a call from the bar manager saying that you’re here drinking. Why are you drinking so much?” asked the older girl.

She looked around, “Where’s Minju?”

The Velvet publicist cleared his throat, “CEO Bae, we have to go now, everyone is waiti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter