8: bitterlove

Milk Moustache 2: Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8

Sometimes you feel off but sometimes you feel it right

Is it to be, or it is not to be

To fall in love again, to be the one for me

Sometimes you fall, but there'll be time we'll be together.

 

bitterlove, Ardhito Pramono

 

 

Kim Minju was walking alone that afternoon. She had a meeting at her agency in the morning regarding the CF offers, and she had to join the later class.

The wind was blowing, carrying the chill weather of autumn. But the cold didn’t bother her much, and she kept walking while hugging herself.

She was lost in her own thoughts.

She hadn’t met Chaewon for a few days now, and based on the photos the latter posted on her social media, it seems like she’s having fun with the training at her new modelling agency. Minju smiled to herself. She’s happy that her friend is doing well.

Suddenly Chaewon’s voices echoes in her head.

 

“Have you ever wonder why?

“Why do you care about how I feel?”

 

Minju sighed, “Why?”

She didn’t know it either.

Was it… love? Or was it guilt? Or maybe it’s something else?

She continues to walk along the sidewalk, passing through the outdoor volleyball court, since it’s the nearest path to get to the lecture hall.

But she was too engrossed in her own thoughts; she didn’t realize the ball coming towards her.

“Hey, get out of there!” she heard someone shouted.

When she finally realized her situation, it was too late. The ball was going to hit her face, and she’s frozen in shock.

But in a flash, she felt something grabbed her shoulders, and she heard a loud sound. Minju kept her eyes shut, and her heart was beating fast.

There was a long silence, followed by a loud cheer.

“Are you okay?!” asked a familiar voice.

Slowly, Minju opens her eyes, but it was dark. Confused, she looked up and saw Yujin’s face. Her hair was covering half her face, and her gaze were serious, as she was looking at the side, where her other hand is. She was holding a ball with one hand.

Minju blinked her eyes a few times, “Yujin-ah…”

She realized that she was in Yujin’s embrace. And her cheeks immediately felt hot. Yujin let her go and she turned around.

“Hey, be careful! What if the ball hit her face, huh?!” the younger girl shouted at the group of guys playing at the court. She threw the ball back at them, with a powerful throw, and it was spiked to the ground. The guys looked at her, in shock.

She gritted her teeth, “If my girl gets hurt because of you, I’m gonna-

“Yujin-ah, I’m okay,” Minju said, grabbing her arm before she goes charging at the seniors.

Yujin turned to her immediately and grabbed the older girl’s shoulders, and then she cupped her face, as she was looking at her closely. Her face was filled with concern.

“Are you hurt anywhere? You must be so shocked, right?”

Minju chuckled, “I’m okay, thanks to you.”

Yujin sighed in relief, “Oh thank god.”

“You saved me,” said Minju.

Yujin grinned sheepishly, “It is my duty to protect the girl I like.”

Minju could feel her heart skipped a beat.

They looked at each other without saying anything.

“Who is that tall girl who saved Kim Minju?” someone around them saying.

“I think she’s a freshman.”

“She’s so pretty and so cool.”

“Did you see the way she caught the ball with one hand?”

“Is she single?”

Other students kept murmuring, but they don’t care. Suddenly Minju grabbed Yujin’s hand by surprise and dragged her along.

“Let’s go, Yujin.”

Yujin’s face turned red. She tightened the grip around their hands and walked with her.

“Okay, sunbaenim.”

 

 

**

 

Sakura tried to hide how excited and impressed she was, but she failed at times.

“Is that Twice autograph?” she blurted out. She bit her lip, as it was supposed to be something that’s only in her head.

Irene looked at her and smiled, “Yes. Do you want one? I actually have extras in my office.”

Sakura beamed in excitement, “Really? I can have one?”

“Sure,” replied the older girl, with a chuckle.

The Japanese girl followed along her, as she took her on tour around Velvet HQ building. Irene personally offered to show her to the studio that she will be using. As they were walking together along the hallway of the fifth floor, other staff can’t help but look at them with curiosity.

It’s a rare sight. They have never seen their CEO walking around the building casually. Her usually serious face and scary persona completely changed when she’s with that girl by her side. She was actually smiling and laughing with her. They all begin to speculate, wondering who is the Japanese girl that seems so special to the CEO.

“This will be the studio that you can use,” Irene said, as she walked into on one of the room.

Sakura gasped again. It was a spacious studio, complete with the high tech equipment, there’s a soundproof recording room, and also keyboard and guitar.

“Irene unnie, are you sure I can use this place? I’m not a professional, I just want to learn,” Sakura said, flustered.

Irene smiled, “I’ve told you we have a lot of studios.”

“And don’t worry, I’ve arranged the teachers for you. So you’ll get some basic guitar lessons, piano lessons and vocals too. You can start writing your first song soon!”

Sakura looked at the older girl, feeling grateful.

“Why are you so nice to me, Irene unnie? I feel like I didn’t deserve this. I’m a nobody.”

Irene turned serious, “Why? It’s because I like you, Sakura.”

Sakura gulped, and she was suddenly flustered.

The older woman smiled.

She adds, “I mean, I like your enthusiasm in music and I can’t help but want to support you.”

“And you’re not a nobody. You’re Eunbi’s girlfriend after all.”

 

**

 

“Thanks for saving me from the ball, Yujin-ah,” said Minju as they walked together through the campus.

They had just finished a class, and they just naturally walked together. Yujin actually bribed Nako with ice cream so that she will leave them alone, setting the perfect stage for her next move.

“Hmm, is that all I got? A thank you?” Yujin asked coyly.

Minju glanced at her and she laughed, “Okay, what do you want? You’re so sneaky.”

Yujin grinned, “Well, there is one thing I want from you, Minju unnie.”

“Now that doesn’t sound suspicious at all. What is it?”

Yujin stopped walking, and Minju stopped too. The younger girl looked at her, with a smirk on her face.

“W-What?”

She walked cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter