16: I Need You Tonight

Milk Moustache 2: Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

16

And I need you, tonight,

I need you right now,

I know deep within my heart,

It doesn't matter if it's wrong or right,

I really need you, tonight.

 

I Need You Tonight, BSB

 

 

Just one more point.

Just one more point to win this game.

Kwon Yujin was breathing hard as she was trying to keep her focus on the game. She had scored the last point, and now she’s moved to the back row for the next serve. She glanced at her teammates and noticed how tired they look. But so does the opponent.

She’s not going to give up. They have to win this game.

The whistle blown again, and it’s the opponent’s turn to serve. Their ace was doing the service. She threw the ball in the air and gave a clean serve across the net. But the ball was received flawlessly by their own libero, and then passed to the attacker.

Unfortunately, it was a weak spike and it was then received by the other side. The ball was up in the air again.

Yujin gritted her teeth when she noticed the opponent calmly planning their next attack. It happened so fast, and suddenly the ball was being spiked to their side, and it went through the defense, strong and sharp. The Sparrows were stunned seeing the fast ball sliding into the corner of their court. They’ll score a point if it fell inside their court.

Yujin had enough of this match.

It has to end.

On impulse, Yujin jumped to the corner, extending her long arm to touch the ball. When it was just inches away from the floor, she slid her hand and pushed the ball back up. The audience cheered when the ball flew in the air again.

“GO SPARROWS!”

“It’s not the end yet! Come on!” shouted the captain.

Yujin can’t control her body and she crashed onto the benches where her coach and teammates are. Towels and bottles fell on her face. For a while, she couldn’t move. And then she heard the sound of the whistle and the cheers around her.

Slowly she opened her eyes and saw her other teammates crowding her.

“Kwon, are you okay??”

“Are you hurt somewhere??”

“Can you move??”

Yujin stood up with their help and saw her playing teammates rushing towards her.

“WE WON!!!!” they shouted.

“We… won?” Yujin asked, confused.

“YES WE WON!!!”

 

 

 

“Ah darn, The Sparrows won, that ,” Hitomi said, hissing under her breath.

Chaewon looked at her, shocked.

“I thought you were rooting for them!”

“Well, Yujin is my friend but the opponent’s team is my college. I can’t be happy when they’re beaten, right?”

Chaewon chuckled, “Well, you’re right.”

“So, booo Sparrows!”

Chaewon adds, “Yes, booo Sparrows! You !”

“But they’re your college!”

“I just don’t like one of the player,” Chaewon said, shrugging.

The older girl glanced at her friend, Minju, who was so happy with the team’s win. She was busy hi-fiving Nako who was sitting next to her.

Minju looks so happy.

Chaewon didn’t realize it, but she was smiling too. Smiling just by watching her.

“Unnie, what do you say?” Hitomi asked.

Chaewon looked at her blankly, “I’m sorry, did you said something?”

The Japanese girl grinned, “Do you want to grab something to eat, unnie? There’s this really good restaurant near my campus.”

“Ohh, I’m hungry now. Let’s go.”

The younger girl linked their arms together and pulled her away from the audience stand.

“So, who’s the player that you don’t like?”

“The tall one.”

 

 

When Nako turned around, she realized that she was left alone. Hitomi is nowhere to be found, and also Minju. She then saw Minju running down the stairs, towards the team.

She sighed and muttered, “It’s so easy to ditch friends these days, in the end we all die alone.”

 

 

Yujin was pulled into a hug by her teammates and they circled together. There were cheers and tears among them, and Yujin was in a daze. That is until she heard a voice calling her name.

“YUJIN-AH!!”

She made her way out from her friends’ huddles towards the voice. She saw Minju running towards her.

A smile immediately crept up on her face. Minju stopped right in front of her.

“Congrats, Yujin-ah, you guys won!” Minju said, smiling with tears in her eyes.

Yujin grinned, “Minju unnie…”

“Yes?”

“I want to hug you.”

Minju chuckled and she stepped forward, closer to the taller girl. She tip-toed, opened her arms and wrapped it around her shoulder, hugging her tight. Yujin could feel the emotion welling up in her, and tears were b in her eyes. She wrapped her arms around the older girl’s waist, hugging her back.

“Congrats, Yujinnie, you did great,” Minju said.

Yujin chuckled, “You motivated me, unnie. That was one hell of a motivation.”

Minju grinned as they were embracing each other.

“I missed you, unnie. I missed you,” Yujin whispered.

Minju pulled away and they looked at each other. She reached for her face and pushed back the strands of hair that was sticking on her face.

“I missed you too, my puppy.”

Yujin pouted, “I love you unnie. I love you so much.”

The older girl looked at her, this tall girl who looked like an abandoned puppy who wanted to be loved. The younger girl’s eyes were watery and she was slightly sulking. Her heart went mushy and melted into a puddle.

She cupped her face.

“I love you too.”

Yujin’s face beamed, and she was smiling until her dimples showed, and her eyes turned into a pair of crescent moons.

“I want to kiss you.”

Minju chuckled, “Then, do it.”

The older girl pulled her face closer and then swiftly pressed her lips on hers, giving her a sweet victory kiss.

 

**

 

“Do you think I should dye my hair?” asked Eunbi to her girlfriend that night.

She was sitting in front of the vanity table, putting on skincare products before heading to bed. She touched her hair and ran her fingers through her hair to take a closer look at her look in the mirror.

“Baby, what do you think?” she asked, looking at Sakura through the reflection of the mirror.

Sakura looked at her blankly. Her mind was elsewhere. But Eunbi was still looking at her, waiting for her answer.

“Well?”

Sakura cleared , “W-What color you have in mind?”

The older girl turned around and ruffles her own hair, “I’m thinking blonde. Do you think I would look good in blonde bob cut?”

Sakura smiled, “I think that’s y.”

Eunbi rolled her eyes, “You say that with anything I asked.”

She stood up and made her way to the bed, to join Sakura who was already under the covers.

“Well, you’re a y woman, Eun. You can wear a potato sack and still look y. It’s the truth,” Sakura replied, shrugging.

Eunbi chuckled, “I know my baby don’t lie.”

Sakura gulped.

Eunbi sat next to her and leaned her back against the backrest.

She sighed, “Irene wanted to make our business joint announcement at the Velvet Hotel launch this Friday.”

Sakura looked away and bit her lip. She hates talking about Irene, they are in bed and she still has to hear about that woman. But since the two companies decided to collaborate, it’s all Eunbi ever talk about.

“We’re going to make it grand. We’re calling journalists from main news outlet, television, some celebrities too, there’s red carpet as well, and I… have to look good,” said Eunbi, nervous.

She adds, “My family is going to be there too, even grandpa, since it’s an important event. Oh yes, baby, you’ll be coming with me, as my date for the evening.”

Sakura looked at her, stunned.

“Me? At Velvet Hotel launch?”

Eunbi nods, “Of course! I’ve already confirmed our attendance and made an appointment at the boutique tomorrow to pick the dresses.”

Sakura let out a heavy sigh.

The older girl blinked her eyes, confused with her reaction, “What? Why? You don’t want to come?”

She adds, “I want to introduce you to my grandfather, and other people. Since we’re getting married soon…”

Sakura wanted to say no. She don’t want to go to the event where Irene will be hosting. She don’t want to step into that cursed hotel anymore. However, the look on her girlfriend’s face was desperate.

“I’ll… go,” replied Sakura with a weak smile.

Eunbi grinned widely until her gums were showing.

“Great! We’ll go to the salons tomorrow for new hair, I’ll pick you up at the café during lunch, okay? I think you need new color too.”

The younger girl nods with a heavy heart. Her girlfriend wouldn’t stop smiling these days and she didn’t have the heart to ruin that.

Eunbi turned off the lights and they both lay down on the bed together. Sakura was lying on her back, trying to sleep. But she can’t close her eyes without being haunted by the flashes of memories of her encounters with Irene.

 

Irene kissing her lips.

Irene nipping her neck.

Irene touching her-

 

Her eyes shot open again, and everything was dark. She was panting. She could even her the sound of her breathing.

“Baby, are you okay?” she heard Eunbi asking.

She looked to her side and saw Eunbi looking at her worriedly. Their eyes met and Sakura felt the warmth in her gaze. She turned to her side and moved closer, wrapping her arm around Eunbi’s waist. She nestled her face at the crook of her neck, and didn’t say anything else.

Eunbi chuckled, “What’s wrong with you?”

She the younger’s hair and then kissed her forehead while patting her thigh gently with one hand. Sakura closed her eyes. Suddenly everything feels so peaceful. Being in Eunbi’s arms has that magic on her. It’s like she has a shield that protects her from any bad thoughts and nightmares. It’s her own safe haven.

She looked up and met Eunbi’s eyes. The older girl was looking at her adoringly.

“I love you,” Sakura said abruptly.

The older girl smiled, “Same here.”

She moved closer and pressed her lips on her, kissing her tenderly. Sakura froze. Her girlfriend was kissing her, so gentle and loving in the way that only she can.

But for some reason, she can’t feel anything.

Eunbi continues, trailing her wet kisses towards her ear and then her neck, and Sakura knows well what that means. She’s asking for some action tonight.

But Sakura couldn’t function.

She knows she’s with her girlfriend, but she doesn’t know why she kept seeing someone else.

 

Bae Irene.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter