The Idol and The Handsome Guy

All I Want for Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
26 THE IDOL AND THE HANDSOME GUY    

The plane shook from the turbulence, many of the passengers were sleeping or watching movies, but not Miyeon. She sank into her seat with fear and shook from any air bump. She initially thought that she was lucky that no one was put on the seat next to her, but now she would like to have at least someone nearby. It doesn't matter if it was a crying child, or a person unpleasant to her: it was calmer for her to know that someone was nearby.

 

Lightning flashed outside the porthole, and the girl closed her eyes, expecting another shaking. It was now New Year's Eve, and as unlucky as she could get, her flight had been canceled for a long time. Only today she had a chance to fly back, but now on the way home she had problems: they flew through a zone of high turbulence, and the girl was frightened by any, even minimal shaking.

 

Sometimes people passed by, but Miyeon didn't pay much attention to it. Until the stewardess approached, leading another person. It turned out that a guy was put in an empty seat next to her. He sat down on the seat, put his backpack under the bottom of the front seat.

 

The girl sighed and gripped the seat arms tighter. The guy finally noticed her and was surprised to note how she was trembling and how pale she was. He looked around in confusion, and then decided to inquire about her health.

 

"Are you okay?" The girl paid attention to him, but did not move, just shifting her gaze to him. He could understand what was going on at one glance. "Look, I know it's none of my business, but ..."

 

And he held out his hand to the girl. She was in some bewilderment, and just wanted to refuse, as the guy continued, "It happens to me too, it will help, really." And she believed. Moreover, the shaking increased, and the girl tightly closed her eyes and grabbed the guy's outstretched hand.

 

It was warm and big and felt so ... safe. It was still scary, the buzz in her ears was noisy, but now she felt someone's presence nearby, someone was experiencing it with her. It became strangely calmer, and now the guy also intertwined their fingers together, squeezing them tighter.

 

Miyeon sat in such close proximity with the guy for quite a long time until the turbulence finally subsided. Now it became calmer, the girl could breathe more or less freely. The only problem, or even embarrassing thing, was that the girl was still holding hands tightly with the guy, who apparently fell asleep.

 

He sat with his head thrown back, his eyes were closed, but his hand did not relax, still holding hers tightly. She felt very shy, and she gently untangled their fingers and tried to pull her hand out of the grip.

 

The first attempt did not work, but the girl did not stop trying, all the same trying not to wake the sleeping guy. "Are you feeling better?"

 

The girl froze at the sleepy voice, slowly looking up. The guy just woke up and looked at her, lightly rubbing his eyes with one hand. Remarkably, he still held her with his other hand.

 

"Yes, thanks a lot!" The girl was immensely grateful to a complete stranger for such unexpected help. He smiled slightly, slowly realizing that he was still holding her hand. The guy tactfully removed his hand, and the girl shyly turned her gaze to the screen.

 

“Sorry, this really rarely happens to me, I was just nervous and now ...” The girl was looking for an excuse for her small (though no, very big) fear, but the guy just smiled, and she stared at his charming dimples that appeared on his cheeks.

 

"It’s fine." He shook his head, making himself comfortable in the chair. “Everyone has fears. I'm afraid of heights, so your hand helped me in a way as well, ”and the guy winked at her, which made her cheeks redden brightly.

 

“You don’t look like you’re scared though,” she smiled softly at him. The guy really was not pale, did not shake and even calmly sipped water that he asked from the flight attendant. “I learned a little trick from my friend: I can hide my emotions.”

 

Miyeon's eyebrows shot up in surprise, and the guy noticed it with a soft smirk. “It's simple: you need to smile and never take off that happy smile.” The girl was still slightly confused by his unexpected skills.

 

“But…” the girl hesitated, choosing the right words. “Why would you hide your emotions? These are your feelings, so what difference does it make who would think what? " She raised a naive look at him full of bewilderment, to which the guy did not even know what to say. He was surprised how freely the girl could speak, but explaining his reasons to her was a little ... hard.

 

The silence between them dragged on for quite a long time, while the guy was thinking, and the girl realized that it was rather rude to say that to a stranger. She looked to the side, “Sorry, that's none of my business. I mean, you probably have reasons why you do this."

 

“Don't apologize. Yes, you're right, it's a bit weird for me to hide feelings,” he chuckled, still pondering her words. How damn right she was. It is a pity that he could not throw away this mask, which he sometimes wore for the public.

 

"What's your name?" He knew he couldn't meet girls on airplanes like this, but he didn't give a damn about the rules right now. The hope that no one would notice his slight disobedience flickered in his heart.

 

And the girl was a little embarrassed by his question, but at the same time she was delighted, because it’s not like she meets a nice guy every day on planes. "Lee Miyeon," she smiled at him, examining his face under the cap, "And you?"

 

“Jung Jaehyun, nice to meet you,” and he held out the same warm and large hand that the girl shook with great pleasure. It was cold on the plane as it was already late December, so even though she had the blanket that the flight attendant had given them, Miyeon was a little cold. It was evident in the way she trembled shallowly and in her cool palm, which she reluctantly removed from Jaehyun's hand.

 

For a w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter