The Monster and The Late Confession

All I Want for Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
24 THE MONSTER AND THE LATE CONFESSION    

Jimin has always loved children, since childhood, when she was still a little girl caring for her younger brother and sister. Slowly becoming an adult, her love for little kids did not diminish and she definitely knew exactly who she would like to become in the future.

 

In addition, the children always liked her. All her aunts and uncles asked her to look after their children, but she did not mind. Moreover, she was paid with delicious food or extra pocket money, and her parents’ pride in their little daughter was another benefit from that.

 

Even now, at the age of seventeen, Jimin worked part-time as a teacher in a kindergarten. Not to say that they paid a lot, but the girl did not succeed in anything else anyway - her only hobby was to look after the restless, but such lovely children.

 

On such a cherished holiday as Christmas, she was left alone with a small group of children that remained in the kindergarten. The official nanny, whom she just helped, took time off for the holiday, asking her to help and promising to bring her something tasty later.

 

The girl did not mind, especially since her parents were working late today, and the younger ones had long decided that spending time with friends was more fun than with family.

 

The little girls showed her their toys, and one of them asked her to braid her hair, to which Jimin certainly agreed. This sweet little girl reminded her strongly of her own little sister. The same restless, curious and narcissistic (in a good way, of course) girl.

 

And now this little girl scared all the other kids away from her, sitting with her back facing Jimin for her to braid her hair.

 

“Unnie, I would love you to be my older sister,” the girl said in a whiny voice, to which Jimin only smiled. Yes, she herself would not mind having another adorable little sister. "But I only have a nasty brother who makes me angry."

 

The girl crossed her arms over her chest from an unpleasant memory, and the girl just smiled. Many children do not really get along well with each other in childhood. “Honey, I don't think your brother is that bad,” Jimin said in a soft voice, out of the corner of her eye watching the boys building a tower of books near them.

 

“No, he's terrible,” she whimpered, twirling her beloved doll in her hands. “Once he almost set fire to my favorite doll! Look, there are burns on it, ”and she tearfully pointed to the poor toy, on which there really were some black dots that looked like traces of fire.

 

“Why did he do that? Maybe he didn't do it on purpose? " The girl tried to soften the child, but she did not stop, continuing to complain about her careless brother. “And he once cut my hair terribly, and then I had to go with a short hair!”

 

There was so much indignation in such a little girl's voice that Jimin couldn't help but laugh. The image of her younger brother immediately surfaced in her head, which also loved to annoy her younger sister. Children always fight in childhood.

 

"Oh, no!" Suddenly the girl jumped up, although her hair was not yet done. She ran to the far corner of the room and hid in the closet. Jimin's surprised gaze followed her, and then she walked to the closet, knocking on it softly. "Jina, what-"

 

"I'm not here!" The girl frowned at the little girl's behavior, and then in a whisper asked, “What happened, honey? Why are you hiding? " The child opened the closet doors slightly, carefully looking out. She glanced around, and immediately hid inside. "He's here!"

 

"Who is here, Jina?" And the girl was silent for a second, which made Jimin decide to try to open the closet again, when someone from behind addressed her.

 

"Excuse me, I came for Na Jina, is she in this group?"

 

Jimin rose from her place and turned sharply to meet the gaze of the ... attractive guy. He looked into her eyes, and a soft smile played on his lips. Wow, he's handsome. Wait, he said he was looking for Na Jina?

 

"Na Jina?" The girl asked this again in confusion, and the guy just nodded in response, looking around in search of a little girl. Actually, if you look closely, they looked very similar. Jina also had such beautiful crescent-shaped eyes, a small face and lips curled into a sweet smile. It…

 

"What is your relationship to the girl?" According to the ethics of the teacher, before letting a child go with someone, she had to ask a stranger who he is to the child. But this time, Jimin was interested in this question more than usual. She hoped that he was not her father, since he looked quite young.

 

“I'm her older brother,” he nodded, looking around again. There were a lot of children who played in this large room, sometimes dashing past them. However, Jina was not among them, and the guy was a little confused. "I was told to pick her up, but I can't see her."

 

And he again looked at Jimin, and for some unknown reason she felt really shy.

 

Is this Jina's brother? She envisioned a little boy of Jina's age who mocked her, but not this guy. He was clearly Jimin's age, he looked like he was in high school. Was he the one who teased the little girl?

 

"So where can I find Jina?" The guy noticed how the girl got into her thoughts and asked the question that bothered him again. She woke up from her thoughts and looked at him with a smile. The girl could not reveal the child that was so desperately hiding from her older brother.

 

As delicately as possible, the girl approached him and gently pulled him by the elbow after her. The guy looked at her in confusion, and she just smiled until they were far enough from the child’s hiding place. She let go of him and whispered, "Jina hid in the closet, she doesn't really want to go home with you."

 

The guy's eyebrows shot up in surprise, and he looked away, ruffling his hair with one hand. For a while he was silent, as if pondering something. He was quiet for too long, and Jimin couldn't stand with him for such a long t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter