The Engagement and The Runaways

All I Want for Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
20 THE ENGAGEMENT AND THE RUNAWAYS    

Doyoung has never felt the need for anything all his life. Rich parents provided him with whatever he asked. An expensive car, branded clothing, the latest new phones and gadgets, of course a lot of pocket money. To top it off, he was the youngest son - he bathed in love and did not lack any attention.

 

But only at the age of eighteen did he realize what he truly lacked in his life.

 

A beautifully decorated hall, shiny chandeliers, waiters scurrying everywhere and people whose pompous faces can already tell how much of an important person they were.

 

Doyoung, being the youngest son of the host of this fabulous evening, stood in the middle of everything and was bored madly. All these fake smiles were tiring him, and he was tired of smiling to everyone himself, but he had to be a good son. Although, he probably wasn’t much bored because of this, but rather he missed someone.

 

"Doyoung, is everything okay?" next to him was Soyeon, the daughter of his father's biggest business partner and also his fiancee. He knew that his parents would get him engaged sooner or later, but he would have preferred if it was later. The girl was attractive, he knew it, but unfortunately there was someone else in his heart already.

 

“Yes, everything’s fine,” he felt just terrible. At times he nervously looked at his phone, but she did not answer messages. This made him feel worse and worse, he wanted to run away from here to her, but he knew that he would get scolded really badly. Disowning children in their family was generally quite normal.

 

The girl smiled back at him and also looked at her phone. Doyoung knew that she had a boyfriend of her own, but in front of their parents, they played like they liked each other. That was so stupid. But the memories of the past in his head were playing over and over.

 

For the first time, he ventured to introduce his real girlfriend to his parents six months ago. She didn’t want to, already anticipating their reaction in advance, and he was an idiot since he didn’t listen to her.

 

That evening, his parents acted in such a way that Doyoung regretted being born into their family. They completely ignored his girl, and his mother looked at the guy with such sadness, while his father looked with full disappointment.

 

"Kim Doyoung, make it so I will never hear of this girl again. You will come with me to meet Mr. Han tomorrow. Since you can't choose a proper girl yourself, I'll do it." That's what his father told him, slamming the door to his room. At that time his parents made him get engaged with Soyeon.

 

The only reason his father was so opposed to their relationship was that she was not of their level. This phrase cut the guy deeply in the heart. Is that the only thing that mattered? Parents said that it was just hormones playing with him, teenage love, and that he would forget about her. He dated her for two years now, saw her in any ways possible, and even lived with her for a while. And he is sure that he still loved her.

 

But his true girlfriend cut all ties with him today, telling him to have fun at his engagement. Yes, this grand evening is now in honor of his early engagement. Also, the last phrase that his real girlfriend uttere to him, before breaking everything, was: I still don't suit you. As well as he did not suit her.

 

She introduced him to her single father, but he immediately threw him out the door. What was the reason? He was the son of Kim Donghyun. Her father was set up ten years ago by his companion and seemingly loyal friend, who destroyed his company - and it was of course Doyoung's father. At that moment he hated that he was born in this family the most.

 

"Doyoung, let's go, we need to make a toast in front of people. You will be standing next to me," the guy’s father approached him, his lips were stretched in a sly smile as usual. Doyoung also hated that he looked too much like him. The guy just nodded and followed the man onto the stage.

 

"I am grateful to everyone who was able to attend such an important and solemn evening!" The father began his speech receiving the positive reaction of the crowd. His father was always a good speaker, and this always helped him in business. Doyoung looked around and saw his older brother, who looked more like his mother. But with that sly look, he was definitely a copy of his father. A real business shark.

 

“Today we celebrate not only such a great holiday as Christmas, but I also wanted to take this moment to make an important announcement,” the father turned to his youngest son, which flinched at his gaze. The man called Doyoung to come closer and the guy put on a fake smile and stepped forward.

 

Now all this crowd in the hall was looking at him. Everyone was fakely happy, and the guy guessed that they all already knew what the news would be. He sighed.

 

All of this irritated him so badly.

 

“Yes, just like my father said, I have an important announcement that I would like to share with you all,” Doyoung glanced over the crowd but couldn't find his beloved face. Of course, she most likely lay and cried at home. Because of him. He suppressed unnecessary emotions and continued: "I will get married soon."

 

A wave of positive emotions we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter