The Bitter Whiskey and The Jealousy

All I Want for Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
11 THE BITTER WHISKEY AND THE JEALOUSY    

The mention of Christmas always brought a smile to Chaeyeon's face. Ever since childhood, she waited with excitement for the holiday, where the whole street is decorated with colorful lights, the Christmas tree is shining on the main square, and every year the kind Santa Claus gives her the most desirable gifts. Chaeyeon grew up, but Christmas hasn't lost the same magic for her. But now for a different reason.

 

She was now sitting at the table with her family: mom, dad, younger brother, who ate a celebration cake with visible delight. The girl loved this holiday also because she could get together with the whole family and could feel this special atmosphere. But they weren't alone this Christmas.

 

He sat next to her: Lee Jeno. Her best friend since childhood, and also the son of her father's best friend. His parents also sat with them, laughing merrily at her father's joke. And Jeno smiled sweetly, as only he could, and ate the turkey.

 

When did Chaeyeon realize she fell in love with him? She herself doesn't remember, and she doesn't know why. Just one hot summer day she saw Jeno in a different way, and realized how handsome he was.

 

Everything was perfect in Jeno: from an attractive face to a wonderful personality. He was kind, moderately sweet, but he also sometimes got to her nerves with his brotherly mockings. And Chaeyeon even liked it when he , or showed any kind of attention in her direction.

 

An inaudible buzz, and here Jeno unnoticed reaches into his pocket. Now he had a phone in his hands, the sight of which spread a small smile on his face. Although no, he still had one flaw.

 

Oh Hara. That was the name of the girl with whom Jeno most likely was texting right now. The most popular and beautiful girl in the school, which attracted any guy, including Jeno. And that upset Chaeyeon. She rolled her eyes and again turned her gaze to her brother, who was already looking impatiently towards the gifts under the tree.

 

“Chaeyeon,” her father's voice, which literally wakes her up from heavy love thoughts. The girl smiled and looked at her father. “You and Jeno are probably already tired of sitting with us, go for a walk together.”

 

The girl smiled contentedly and nodded. The thought of her being alone with this guy made her smile.

 

“Dad, I also want to go with them,” her brother exclaimed, looking at their father with pleading eyes. The adults laughed kindly, and father shook his head.

 

“Son, sit with us, don't you want to open your gift?” father leaned closer to her brother, uttering this question in a secret-like whisper. The younger's eyes lit up and he nodded in satisfaction, to which the girl mentally thanked her dad.

 

Chaeyeon got up from her chair, thanking for the food, and walked away with the guy. She went out into the backyard, which was covered with a light layer of white, untouched snow.

 

Shivering slightly, she shook the snow off a nearby bench and sat down. The guy walked to the seat next to her, pulling off his light jacket. He sat down, throwing his jacket over the shoulders of the freezing girl.

 

If only he would have known what feelings he caused in her heart with such a simple but endearing movement. She wrapped herself in this jacket, secretly inhaling such a pleasant scent of the guy.

 

“Chaeyeon, maybe we'd better go up to your room?” Jeno's voice was very close which made her flinch, but she still smiled at him.

 

“I wanted to look at the snow,” she raised her gaze to the heavy clouds overhead, from which fine snow was slowly falling.

 

“You can also look at the snow from the window,” and then the guy stretched out his hand in front of her, showing what he was holding. The girl's eyes widened in shock, because she saw the still sealed bottle of whiskey from the festive table. “And we can’t drink it here.”

 

“Jeno, why did you steal alcohol from the table?” the girl lightly hit the guy on the hand, and he removed the alcohol, putting it closer to him. Smart action, as Chaeyeon would definitely take it away. “My parents will kill me, if they find out.”

 

She was outraged, and the guy apparently did not worry at all, calmly getting up from his seat and giving his hand to the girl. She followed him up, still doubtful. Chaeyeon always wanted to try alcohol, but she was also scared to get caught.

 

“Key word - if they find out,” and he smiled mysteriously, dragging the girl along inside the house. “And if we lock ourselves in your room, no one will know.”

 

The girl simply followed him, delving into his words, holding his wide palm. It was so cold outside, but his hands were warm, and Chaeyeon instantly felt warm. In the house, they passed the noisy living room and went up to the second floor, to the second door, which was the girl's room.

 

They both went inside and Chaeyeon closed the door while Jeno sat in his favorite spot: on the soft carpet next to her wide window. The guy opened the bottle, inhaling the smell of the strong liquid.

 

“Excellent whiskey,” he smiled with satisfaction, and the girl went up to him a little confusedly and sat down. Jeno drank from the bottle, wincing slightly, but still a satisfied smile spread over his face. He handed the bottle to the girl, which she hesitantly accepted, staring into the dark contents of the bottle through the narrow part.

 

She had never tried alcohol before, she was always scared of losing control, like in the movies. But it was embarrassing to admit it, especially in front of a guy that she likes so much. In addition, on the other hand, she wanted to try alcohol for a long time and a lot, she always had a desire to feel what it was like to be drunk.

 

“You don’t want to?” Jeno's voice woke her up from these senseless doubts, and she quickly, in a small gulp, tasted this liquid. For courage, she even closed her eyes, but nothing helped to cope with this taste.

 

It was an explosive feeling, like something strange had burned . She had never felt such a bitter and unpleasant sensation. The girl coughed from the strong drink, almost throwing the bottle away from herself, but Jeno took it just in time.

 

“Chaeyeon,” the guy touched her shoulder while the girl tried to swallow this unpleasant feeling at least with saliva. “You've never drunk before?”

 

The girl perked up, trying to suppress the urge to writhe her face. Disgusting taste. But she tried to squeeze out a smile at the guy, but it was too late, he understood everything.

 

“I thought so,” he shook his head, sipping lightly from the bottle and again sitting down in his usual place. This time he leaned against the wall, examining the posters on the wall. “You shouldn't force yourself if you don't know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter