MOMO

It All Started at Platform 9 3/4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VII: MOMO

 

 

Second year will be drastically different from her first year she can feel it. Momo met this interesting girl she shared a cabin with. Momo can't help to stare at this cute girl named Mina. She took Jeongyeon's spot in the cabin but the Gryffindor is fine with her taking her seat with them. Momo isn't sure where Jeongyeon went to sit but judging by the loud commotion that happened afterwards. Her guess that she found Nayeon to sit with was actually right. Obviously, their train ride to Hogwarts isn't a train ride to Hogwarts without Jeongyeon doing something dumb that then irritates Nayeon or vice versa and without her and Sana getting dragged into the mess.

 

Apparently, with two first years with them, their former small group of four ended up having two others unwillingly initiated into what Sana called "First Day Hogwarts Express Chaos". Momo and Sana literally have to pry Nayeon from Jeongyeon earlier since the older is basically trying to do some damage with her hands on Jeongyeon's smug face. Jeongyeon who is inches taller than Nayeon isn't making things easier for the Slytherin is tiptoeing in order to reach Jeongyeon's bludger-like hair, according to Momo's opinion. Nayeon wished she gets her growth spurt sooner so that she can reach Jeongyeon who is is standing on the cabin couch trying to make herself unreachable to Nayeon's dismay.

 

Momo noticed Mina's concern at what is currently happening in front of her. Nayeon screaming bloody murder and Jeongyeon laughing breathlessly at Nayeon's failed attempts to reach her while Sana is literally shouting with her high pitched voice for the two of them to stop but at the same time is actually laughing herself. The girl that Nayeon and Jeongyeon were sitting with looks very confused and baffled. Momo slumped on the space between Mina and the girl and lets out a sigh of confusion.

 

"Are they like this or am I just here because of bad luck?" The girl beside Momo asked her.

 

"You know, I also ask that to myself as well." Momo replied after letting an exhausted sigh.

 

"I'm Jihyo, by the way." The girl introduced herself to both Momo and Mina.

 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Mina and this is Momo." Mina introduced not only herself but Momo as well to Jihyo. It made Momo's heart flutter a little because the shy girl remembered her name. Momo tries to ignore these feelings she's having for the cute girl because she never really felt like this before.

 

"Your friends?" Jihyo asked Momo who looks like her soul is being by a dementor.

 

"Those three who are currently being chaotic as heck?" Momo said as she pointed the three who have now settled down. Sana is in between Nayeon and Jeongyeon acting as a buffer between the two. "Unfortunately, yes. Especially the one whose head looks like a bludger." Momo affirmed.

 

"Are wizards and witches usually this chaotic on a public transportation?" The quiet Mina asked Momo who couldn't help but to smile at her question. Momo doesn't understand why all of a sudden everything Mina does it makes her want to smile. Momo wished her parents taught her how to handle liking someone.

 

"Oh not really. Its just those two who are like this." she answered referring to both Nayeon and Jeongyeon who now have their fingers pointed at each other while Sana is quivering in fear. 

 

"You're a muggleborn right?" Momo asked with curiosity to Mina. The younger on the other hand shifted her body language from being relaxed to suddenly being uncomfortable. Momo being dense didn't notice it and continued to look at Mina as she waits for an answer.

 

"Y-yes..." Mina shyly answers. "I mean is that bad?" Its now Mina's turn to ask her. Momo didn't quite get it since she knows muggleborns are just the same as any other witch or wizard.

 

"Why would it be bad? You can do magic just like any of us." Momo answered genuinely to the anxious first year who slightly loosened her posture.

 

"I just read that in a book I was reading about Hogwarts. There was a basilisk in the school who would petrify muggleborn students." Mina said. Momo noticed her worried eyes. Sensing that Mina is scared of the fact that there was a basilisk that once targeted muggleborn students, Momo put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

 

"If ever someone tries to hurt you. Me, Sana, and Jeongyeon will come after them and we will hex their butts off." Momo said as she showed her her wand in order to further establish her threat.

 

"Thanks for that, I guess." Mina hesitantly thanked the Hufflepuff. "But I seriously don't like to see people getting hurt and stuff." she added.

 

"Nah, they'll be fine. The Hospital wing is there to bring them back to their normal state." Momo said as she shrugs at Mina's concern.

 

"Momo! That's quite rude." Mina scolded the Hufflepuff who was taken aback by Mina's suddent shift in attitude.

 

"Okay. okay. We don't really hurt people. I mean Sana and I don't do that usually. Jeongyeon does that a lot though. She protects other kids from the bullies at school." Momo said. "Sometimes we join especially if one of our Housemates are being bullied by some pureblood jerks from Slytherin." Momo added.

 

"Don't you get detention because of fighting?" Mina asked curiously since in the Muggle world fighting with other students will immediately be sent to the principal's office for detention no matter the reason.

 

"Not really. Dueling is quite normal at school. There is a big difference between dueling and outright bullying someone." Momo said. "But the four of us have gotten into our fair share of detentions, especially those two." Momo added as she pointed at Nayeon and Jeongyeon who finally had made peace while they were talking. Sana is striking a conversation with Jihyo while Jeongyeon is now apologizing to Nayeon.

 

"Wow, that's new." Momo said to no one in particular as she sees Nayeon and Jeongyeon interacting as normal people instead of annoying each other.

 

"I guess their not fighting anymore. Want to head back?" Momo asked Mina who just nodded. Momo sees Sana having fun talking to Jihyo so she didn't bother to ask knowing Sana, once she starts talking to someone she would talk to them a lot.

 

Momo plops down on he the empty cabin couch. Mina sat across Momo. Mina starts the conversation by asking about Momo and her friends as Mina really wants to know them seeing how weird their bonds are.

 

"Well, Nayeon-unnie isn't really a part of our friend group. She just happens to be Jeong's childhood friend that she loves to tease a lot." Momo shared. "How about you? Do you have friends in the muggle world?" Momo asked.

 

"I don't have that many friends. I'm shy and I don't really talk to people." Mina said.

 

"Hmmm. Is it because of the magic?" Momo asked. "Based on what my dad said, muggleborns have a much harder time whenever they learn about their magic. Living in the muggle world where barely no one understands you also makes it a lot harder, he said." Momo added that information that she learned when they were travelling.

 

"Yes, actually that is the reason why I don't have a lot of friends in the muggle world. I'm the weird kid. I stay at home and play video games instead." Mina said. She suddenly becomes giddy after she said the word "video games"  Momo doesn't know what kind of game that is or what the word video means but based on Mina's sudden smile, it must be fun.

 

"Oh I forgot that video games doesn't exist here." Mina shyly apologized for her failure to remember that wizards and witches don't have electricity and technology.

 

"No its fine. I want to know what's a video game." Momo is suddenly curious about this video game thing Mina is talking about especially since Momo loves playing games.

 

Mina lets out a small giggle seeing Momo whose eyes are focused on the strange black device that Mina placed on the cabin table. She took it from her leather knapsack. "That is a Playstation Portable. It plays games and you can bring it anywhere." Mina explained.

 

"You play inside this thing? How does that even make sense? It tiny and it looks weird." Momo said as she eyes on the device. She looks very hesitant to touch it.

 

"I know that I can't play with that in Hogwarts but I brought it with me as a reminder of home." Mina said as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter