NAYEON

It All Started at Platform 9 3/4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IV: NAYEON

 

It's been the third day of their detention and Nayeon is feeling a little bit empty inside. Going out to the Forbidden Forest at night picking whatever Hagrid tells them to pick is not only tiring but is also making her skin crawl at how eerie the forest feels like at Night. Its not only the Forest that is making her uneasy but also Jeongyeon's unusually cold desposition towards her.

 

For the past 3 days Jeongyeon isn't pulling her usual pranks at her. She isn't trying to annoy her at every moment or chance she gets. She isn't even batting an eye whenever they meet at the hallways on their way to their own classes. Even worse she's not acknowledging her during their detention. Nayeon tried to do the same to Jeongyeon because if she's ignoring her then she'll ignore her back. Unfortunately for Nayeon, the guilt is too much for her to handle to continue ignoring thhe Gryffindor. Nayeon was the one who put Jeongyeon in this position.

 

Nayeon's next course of action is trying to talk to Jeongyeon by saying hi at her whenever they cross paths. Waving or smiling at Jeongyeon whenever she catches her staring at her general direction to which the Gryffindor ignores and looks away. Nayeon would also try to talk to Momo and Sana about Jeongyeon but even the Hufflepuffs haven't talked to her since that day. It really made Nayeon's heart sink as she can see how this detention is affecting Jeongyeon.

 

Jeongyeon isn't the type of kid who is afraid of detention based on Nayeon's own knowledge of the Gryffindor kid's personality. Nayeon thinks Jeongyeon even enjoys being in detention than actually studying since not even through half of the school year, Jeongyeon's been in detention through most of it and usually including Nayeon with her. This is why Nayeon is confused to why Jeongyeon is acting this way.

 

Why do I even bother. I'm not her friend. She's not mine either. She always pranks and teases me so why should I even care.

 

Nayeon's effort to make it up to Jeongyeon was futile as the latter ignores her. She sees Jeongyeon talking to Sir Nicholas, the Gryffindor House Ghost to ask for direction instead of her who is literally two steps away. Jeongyeon does this as if adding insult to injury. Nayeon is not just being ignored but flat out becoming non-existent in Jeongyeon's eyes. 

 

Obviously, Nayeon is hurt. She is not sure whether it was her ego that was hurt or her feelings. For some odd emptiness fill her days, it was uncomfortably quiet without Jeongyeon somewhere pulling a prank at her every day or annoying Nayeon every time they meet either at the hallways, courtyards, or classrooms. It felt like as if she lost a friend.

 

Jeongyeon isn't my friend. She only thinks of me as a prank target. Why am I acting as I just lost a best friend. This is ridiculous, Nayeon. Get over it.

 

No matter how many times she utters the words, "We are not friends." to herself it does not give her any peace. Honestly, Nayeon hates it. She hates that Jeongyeon is acting like this around her. She hates how much this version of Jeongyeon bothers her alot.

 

As much as she doesn't want to go to detention with Jeongyeon after dinner, she knows better than make Seungyeon-unnie mad or worse drag her to the forest herself. Nayeon wants to talk to her since she is Jeongyeon's sister and for sure she knows more about Jeongyeon than anyone in this campus. Only a blind man cannot see the tension between Nayeon and Jeongyeon. Even Hagrid knows but he chooses not pry instead he just occupies himself by finding some herbs and mushrooms around.

 

"Hey Hagrid, do you need help?" Jeongyeon spoke seeing that Nayeon is beside her. Offering to help Hagrid to avoid interacting with Nayeon.

 

"Sorry about Jeong, Nayeon." Seungyeon apologized as she walked beside Nayeon.

 

"No, its fine, unnie." Nayeon replied.

 

"I noticed it by the way. Jeong is mad at you." Seungyeon stated. Nayeon let out a heavy sigh. Seungyeon put her free hand on Nayeon's shoulder.

 

"Does Jeongyeon get mad like this?" Nayeon curiously asked.

 

"What do you mean?" 

 

"You know, does she pretend you don't exist?" Nayeon elaborated.

 

"Not really." The older Slytherin replied. "I've seen her angry before but this kind of angry, its the first time. When Jeongyeon is mad she makes sure you know she's mad at you. She'll tell you what's wrong. I mean that's what she usually is when she's mad at me." she added.

 

"This is hopeless." Nayeon whispered but it was heard by Seungyeon.

 

"Hey, If it bothers you. I will talk to her for you." Seungyeon offered which made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter