NAYEON

It All Started at Platform 9 3/4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I: NAYEON

 

 

There she is at platform 9 3/4 saying her last goodbye to her family as she departs for Hogwarts. Being a first year quite daunting especially since this is the first time, she will do this alone.

 

"Honey, I think the train is leaving. You need to board now." Her mother softly whispered to her as Nayeon clung to her waist.

 

"I'm going to miss you, mom." Nayeon replied as she lets go of her mom.

 

"Don't worry, we will keep in touch." Her father butts in. This is the first time Nayeon saw any kind of softness to her father as she always sees him as this stern Auror that even the worst dark wizard would likey tremble.

 

"Goodbye, dad." Nayeon waved to her father as she walks inside the passenger car. Nayeon quickly finds an empty cabin to settle in as the train starts moving. She knew it would be a long trip ahead so she admired the scenery as the train pass by.

 

Nayeon dreamed of one day stepping inside the prestigious school where all her ancestors learned to harness such power to change the Wizarding World. Carrying a name with such prestige and power in the Wizarding World made her carry herself with pride and grace. Nayeon isn't allowed to be average her father and grandmother always told her to aim to be above the rest. As a descendant of an ancient pureblood house obviously has its perks and disadvantages. One of its perks is wealth as she can buy whatever she wants and whatever she needs. That is something her father let her indulge with, giving her all the luxuries of being on top of the food chain. This comes with disadvantages of course as other kids sees her as another Slytherin brat but that didn't stop her from making friends.

 

Unfortunately, being in a pureblood family of Slytherins gives people an automatic impression of her being an elitist and apathetic. All of those first impressions on Nayeon affected her growing up so she made sure to always proves them wrong. That she is not a bad person and that her family is not bad either. She would even say that her father is an Auror, you know the one who hunts the bad wizards and witches so why would we be bad. Her convincing is enough for other kids to believe her but Nayeon knew she can't please everyone (even though she wants everyone to like her). This kid is also friends with all the other kids like Nayeon is so there is bound to be some tension whenever the kids in the town play together.

 

This kid, or who Nayeon refers to as the bane of her short life, Yoo Jeongyeon lives two blocks away from her house. She often sees her even before they started playing outside since Mr. Yoo is a popular chef who owns a restaurant in Diagon Alley. Her grandfather would always bring her there and she would see Jeongyeon playing outside the restaurant with her sister. Jeongyeon would start playing with Nayeon and other kids after her sister, Seungyeon, started attending Hogwarts. As much as Nayeon likes playing with Jeongyeon, the latter would a lot about her family being a Slytherin and would always be the target of Jeongyeon's pranks. That was her situation every day before she got the letter from Hogwarts. Days of being the target of Jeongyeon's pranks and teasing but Nayeon always make sure that she always gets her payback. Nayeon would do cute and adorable faces to Jeongyeon to which the latter's disapproval. If Jeongyeon knows what buttons to push to annoy her then so does Nayeon knows how to annoy Jeongyeon.

 

Funny how this will be the first year Yoo Jeongyeon, the kid who lives two blocks away from her house who always pranks and annoys her, is not here.  No, she doesn’t miss her and her antics. In fact, Nayeon have waited for this time to come. No Jeongyeon, no pranks, no teasing, just peace and quiet. Speaking of quiet, her cabin is lonely. She was actually hoping to meet some people on the way to Hogwarts but here she is alone. Staring at the door hoping someone will come.

 

She saw some first years walking down the hallway already dressed in their robes which reminded her that she should change as well. She opened her suitcase underneath the cabin table and took a black robe, a tie and a sweater with the insignia of Hogwarts, a pair of charcoal high socks, her black school shoes, black pleated skirt and a white shirt. She took the items out delicately especially the robe and the white shirt and with everything neatly folded and stacked, Nayeon head to the bathroom to change into her robes.

 

After a changing, she returned to her empty cabin thanking Merlin that her suitcase is still there. Nayeon Stretched her arms as she prepared to go to take a nap. She doesn’t know where there are right know but judging from the faint snoring coming from the cabins beside her, there are no where near Hogwarts yet as of students napping the trip way. Nayeon let a soft yawn before carefully slumping her head on the table in between the cabin.

 

*****

 

Nayeon was woken up buy the loud horn of the train. Annoyed by the noise that interrupted her sleep, she wasn’t able to notice immediately her surroundings then a soft knock on the glass window of her cabin pulled her back into reality.

 

“Hey kid, We’re in Hogwarts now.” The girl wearing a gray sweater and a charcoal overcoat said as she knocked on glass portion of the cabin’s door. Nayeon’s expression shifted from being annoyed to excitement as she looked out the window and saw it.

 

Hogwarts in all its glory. Nayeon could gawk at it for eternity seeing the historical building for the first time. The girl is still outside of her cabin waiting for Nayeon to stop gawking at the building.

 

“Kid, this train is going back to London in about 15 minutes and you are stalling the whole group of first years but no pressure.” The girl said with the hint of sarcasm. Nayeon then pulled herself out of the cabin with her suitcase as soon as she heard what the girl said.

 

“Hey wait up!” Nayeon called for the girl as she drags her suitcase with her. The girl didn’t look back and continued her own walk up to the castle.

 

“First Years! All First years! Make a line here!” a bearded burly man yelled as he rings a bell. Nayeon turned her head to see other first years are lining up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter