JIHYO

It All Started at Platform 9 3/4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XV: JIHYO

 

For Jihyo and Mina, it is their usual after Charm's break where they get at least half an hour break before their next class. Its their recess and Mina is off with some students who asked for her help with some spells somewhere by the boathouse. Jihyo on the on the other hand is just sitting in the Great Hall either absently staring at her Astronomy book or her eyes are wandering around the massive space as students go in and about their business. The older kids, are still in class as Jihyo remember's the class schedule for each year was posted on the Gryffindor announcement board. Jeongyeon really didn't bother to remember the schedule so Jihyo did it for her out of concern that the older will miss classes because she wants to sleep longer.

 

Jihyo is almost on the verge of closing her eyes out of boredom and drifting into sleep when Jeongyeon appeared out of no where, eyes wide, sweating, and breathing heavily. Jihyo immediately jolted at the sight of the older girl, mainly because Jeongyeon slammed her palms on the table which caused the entire room to look at her. Obviously, most of them are glares as Jeongyeon interrupted either a calm study session or a stressed out cramming meltdown. Jihyo was also interrupted as her eyes were almost closing for a nap. 

 

"GODDAMNIT JEONGYEON!" Jihyo yelps as she jolted slightly from her seat clutching her chest after Jeongyeon gave her a mini heart attack.

 

"JIHYO YOU NEED TO SEE THIS!" Jeongyeon enthusiastically shouted.

 

"What?" Jihyo asked still reeling from Jeongyeon's announcement of attendance.

 

"IT'S BETTER IF YOU SEE IT FOR YOURSELF! LETS GO NOW!" Jeongyeon hopped over the table with youthful finesse and took Jihyo's robe instead of her hand, dragging the slightly sleepy Gryffindor.

 

Jeongyeon basically dragged Jihyo from the Great Hall to the Quidditch Pitch. Not really knowing why but considering the distance between the Great Hall and the Quidditch Pitch, Jeongyeon did not let go of the extra piece of fabric on Jihyo's robe. No, Jeongyeon will not let Jihyo go because she want her to witness something great happening on the Quidditch Pitch. Jihyo, on the other hand did not protest for she is too lazy to push herself to walk that distance and at the same time she knows that trying to ask questions to Jeongyeon at this time where she's basically more fired up than a phoenix, you won't get any sensible answer from the older kid.

 

Jeongyeon literally shoved some students who are unintentionally in their way, Jihyo had to apologize for their sake as Jeongyeon is too determined to get to the Quiidditch Pitch, whatever it is that she wants to show to her must be so monumental, Gryffindor's Best Girl, Yoo Jeongyeon is willing to shove other kids for this. In all honesty, with their years spent together in the Gryffindor girl's dorm, Jihyo saw an exclusive side to Jeongyeon as well as her friends whenever they hangout in Dahyun's Shrieking Shack. That side comes with physical teasing to the point that Sana actually got scared when Jeongyeon suddenly hits Jihyo out of no where. Obviously, since Jihyo is as relentless as Jeongyeon, the other girl didn't back down and the playful hits almost turned into actual slaps.

 

Nayeon had to catch Jihyo's back after Jeongyeon's hit almost made her fall of her stool. Mina was there to reprimand Jeongyeon while Nayeon laughs it off. Jihyo also laughed it off. Realizing that it isn't really a serious fight the group just went with it. From then on, they are used to Jeongyeon and jihyo exchanging hits from time to time as well as Nayeon's odd quirk of hitting someone while laughing. Apparently these brought Jihyo closer to Nayeon as well, seeing that they have this weird way of showing affection which is by hitting them.

 

Also on their way there, Jihyo spots Dahyun and Sana squatting down and observing some plants for god knows what. Jihyo have noticed that Sana has been hanging around with Dahyun much recently while Momo is often times absent due to Quidditch practice. Jeongyeon probably didn't notice the two as Sana waves enthusiastically at them but Jihyo saw Sana's wave at the corner of her vision and waved back at them. The pair approached them, both Sana and Dahyun walking beside Jihyo who is letting Jeongyeon drag her towards the Quidditch Pitch. Jihyo took this opportunity to ask them what they were doing.

 

"So what were you guys looking at earlier?" Jihyo asked.

 

"Just some awesome plants. I also saw some small bugs in their mating season." Dahyun enthusiastically answered.

 

"Huh that's new. I thought you are scared of bugs, unnie?" Jihyo turned her attention to Sana, who as usual, wears her sunny smile on her lips.

 

"Well...Its fine since Dahyun is there." Sana answered Jihyo then smiled at Dahyun.

 

"Right, Dahyun-ah?" Sana said. Dahyun nods, her top bun bouncing along with her head.

 

Jihyo observes the two have a conversation and it is obvious how Sana looks at Dahyun with sparkles in her eyes. She mentally takes note of it as she can remember how Nayeon looks at Jeongyeon with the same sparkle and at this point if all of her friends are all having crushes with each other, Jihyo will probably explode one day and scream at them to just confess already because Merlin's knickers if Sana tells her that she likes Dahyun, she will be the 3rd person this school year to tell her that she is crushing on someone in their friend group. Earlier, Momo went to her and told her that she's been crushing on Mina since their first year, to which Jihyo tried to act surprised. Obviously, Jihyo already knew that Momo was crushing on Mina since their first year after all, their first year in Hogwarts wasn't something forgettable. Then last night, Jeongyeon woke her up to tell her that she feels like she is falling for Nayeon. As usual, Jihyo pretends to be surprised because no matter how much Jeongyeon and Nayeon hide their affection to each other, (mostly Jeongyeon), its so obvious that its making Jihyo crazy how her friends don't see it.

 

"WE'RE HERE!" Jeongyeon exclaimed as she turned around. Her eyes slightly widened to see both Sana and Dahyun as she didn't notice them earlier.

 

The four of them walked to the stands. Jihyo looks at Jeongyeon expectantly as the older squints her eyes as she tries to look for something. Sana and Dahyun joins Jeongyeon whose eyes are searching the field despite not knowing what they were looking for. It took 5 minutes before 2 brooms zoom upwards from below, obscuring their sights with a flash of black and yellow. Sana, Dahyun, and Jihyo all looked up as the chase continue, Jeongyeon looks at Jihyo who was both shocked, confused, and speechless.

 

"I have questions." Jihyo uttered under her breath as she closely watch the chase. 

 

"Wait, wait, wait. Those are first years right?" Sana broke the trance-like state that Dahyun and Jihyo were in with a confused question. She pointed at a group of First years who are also watching the chase. Madame Hooch is no where in sight. 

 

"Ah right! Look, that's my new friend Tzuyu over there!" Dahyun pointed as she spots Tzuyu standing idly as she watch the current happenings.

 

"TZUYU-AH!!!" Dahyun shouted. After a few calls, Tzuyu looks back at Dahyun and gave a small wave. 

 

"Whose Tzuyu?" Sana asked Dahyun inquisitively. Curious about the younger Hufflepuff's new friend.

 

"Right there. The tallest of the girls, she's wearing a Slytherin robe." Dahyun points to Sana who Tzuyu is. Sana nods as a response.

 

"Introduce her to us next time, Dahyunnie. She seems nice. Does she know Nayeon too?" Sana asked.

 

"Probably since Nayeon-unnie is one of Slytherin's prefect." Dahyun shrugs as a response.

 

"Anyway, what is happening and why did you bring me here?" Jihyo asked Jeongyeon who is currently squinting and frantically looking for the two previous riders that zoomed passed the stands earlier.

 

"SHHH WAIT I'M CONCENTRATING. I CAN'T FIND THEM." Jeongyeon puts her free hand on Jihyo's face which the other swatted.

 

"I swear to a troll's head I'm going to stun you if you are wasting my time. I want to sleep." Jihyo hissed impatiently.

 

"THERE! FOUND THEM!" Jeongyeon enthusiastically pointed at the sky.

 

The others looked at where Jeongyeon was pointing. They all recognize Momo in her Quidditch training outfit. The other figure was recognized by everyone except Sana who looked both puzzled and proud at her best friend for just being a good Quidditch player. This prompted questions in everyone's heads except Jeongyeon who is proudly smiling as if he won a sack of galleons. 

 

"Wait, Is that Chaeyoung?" Dahyun asked what Jihyo was going to ask herself.

 

"WAIT WAIT WAIT...Why is Chaeyoung flying without supervision? How and why is she racing with Momo?" Jihyo's eyes widen remembering that Chaeyoung is only a first year student and are only taught basic maneuvers but she was able to keep up with Momo, a fourth year Quidditch Seeker.

 

"Dude I don't know but all I can say is that we need that kid." Jeongyeon answered, her voice is filled with excitement and vigor.

 

"Hey! Isn't that cheating?" Sana tries to reprimand the two Gryffindors who ignored her.

 

"Oh no, I am gonna have a hard time trying to figure out who to cheer for during a game." Dahyun whispered to herself.

 

"You know what, Yoo. I like this proposition you are making." Jihyo said to the older kid with a competitive smile plastered on her face.

 

"Yeah? Race you to Professor's ." Jeongyeon said as shoved Jihyo away as she ran ahead.

 

"CHEATER!" Jihyo shouted as she sprinted after her.

 

"Whoever comes last is a smelly rotten egg." Jeongyeon shouted back.

 

The two Hufflepuffs were left in confusion as their Gryffindor friends chase each other. Jihyo and Jeongyeon gave up running once they reached the Transfiguration Courtyard. Both are trying to catch their breathes as they both feel like passing out on the green grass. Jeongyeon's legs are burning and if it can only speak it is probably throwing curses at her right now. Jihyo feels like her lungs are on fire after running from the Quidditch Pitch and the whole length of the Wooden Bridge. Right now, Jihyo wants to jinx Jeongyeon for making her run on a Wednesday.

 

"I...hate...you..." Jihyo said between her ragged breaths.

 

"My....legs are...on...fire..." Jeongyeon disregarded Jihyo's remark.

 

"You two look like hell." A familiar voice remarked. Almost mocking the two, for Jeongyeon it is the familiar high pitched boisterous laugh that made her day ten times better or worse (depending on how you look at their relationship).

 

"Good to see you too, Nayeon-unnie." Jihyo replied after finally regaining the air she lost while racing against Jeongyeon earlier.

 

"Great...what do you want?" Jeongyeon asked in her most nonchalant way. Jihyo knows that she's trying to hide that she's pleased to see Nayeon, with this she mentally rolls her eyes at Jeongyeon.

 

"Nothing. Jeez, Jeongyeon don't assume I'm here because of you." Nayeon replied.

 

"Pft. Jeongyeon just lost against me after challenging me to a race. She's not happy though." Jihyo remarked which made Nayeon laugh hard that she hits Jeongyeon.

 

"Okay, Park Jihyo, first you didn't win, second stop hitting me, Nayeon." Jeongyeon holds her arm where Nayeon hit her.

 

"You need to get into shape." Nayeon commented.

 

"I am in shape. YOU should tell that to yourself though." Jeongyeon emphasized to Nayeon.

 

"Are you implying I'm fat?" Nayeon acts offended by the remark.

 

"I did not. You interpreted it that way." Jeongyeon said as she gave Nayeon a mischievous grin.

 

There Jihyo knew that these two will be arguing again about the most minuscule things for an hour or so. So she decides to sit on nearby bench and watch the two bicker like an old married couple she saw at IKEA during summer back in the muggle world, arguing whether a beige couch is better than a black one. It went on like that to the point that their Hufflepuff friends from the Quidditch Pitch earlier joins Jihyo as they watch another classic episode of NaJeong Bickers. Momo is still in her Hufflepuff Quidditch practice uniform carrying her broom with her. Then Jihyo's eyes notice Dahyun wearing a Gryffindor robe instead of a Hufflepuff one.

 

"I didn't know you changed houses, Dahyun." Jihyo pointed at Dahyun's robe.

 

"Aish. I thought no one would notice." Dahyun said as she pinched the bridge of her nose acting disappointed to herself.

 

Meanwhile, her seniors are suddenly throwing sharp glares at Dahyun for betraying the "House Pride". Dahyun either tries to remain naively oblivious or is good at acting unbothered by this. It amused Jihyo when suddenly, Sana bonks Dahyun's noggin with her herbology book. Momo followed by poking Dahyun's side. The poor Hufflepuff-turned-Gryffindor begged her seniors to stop in both laughter and cries of mercy. Jihyo watched as she is now surrounded by this weird chaos going around her. Some students are looking weirdly at the commotion so Jihyo opted to disassociate herself from the rowdy rabble by putting the hood of her robe up and walking away.

 

She reached the Great Hall where she finds Mina sitting alone and reading a book. She then sat beside her friend who barely noticed her she said hello. Mina looks up and warmly smile at Jihyo.

 

"Where are the others?" Mina asked. Usually, they would have been together by now.

 

"Yeah well...they are making a scene somewhere in the Transfiguration courtyard. I don't want to interr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter