MOMO

It All Started at Platform 9 3/4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

II: MOMO

 

Momo is ecstatic because finally she's going to Hogwarts at last. For the first time in her life she is not travelling from place to place. She will get to keep friendships with anyone without the fear that she has to leave them. Also her parents have told her a lot about Hogwarts, from the houses to quidditch and the never ending food. Momo is so excited that she is running with the cart leaving her parents trailing behind.

 

"Mom, dad! Walk faster we don't have much time!" Momo exclaimed as her parents are almost out of breath trying to catch up with their child.

 

"Darling, wait! Your mother and I are not as young as you." Her dad said as Momo slowed down in front of the entrance to Platform 9 3/4.

 

"Oh my, I'm old." Her mom said as they finally catch up with Momo who is waiting in front of the entrance to the platform.

 

"Please don't run off like that. Your dad and I are out of shape." The older woman joked. Momo gave them a smile and replied. "Nah, only dad is out of shape. Look at his belly."

 

"Now that is insulting, young lady." Her dad then attacked Momo with tickles to which she protested against whilst laughing her lungs out.

 

"Dad stooopp! I'm going to miss the train!" Momo said as she regained composure. "I waited for you so that we can enter together."

 

"Alright, Sweetie. lets count." Her dad started counting and by three they all entered the portal into 9 3/4. Once in the new area of King Cross Station, they saw that there are still students saying their goodbyes to their families and greeting their old friends. Momo's dad looked at the clock hanging below the sign of Platform 9 3/4. Momo is overwhelmed by the amount of people in the platform. She is not used to these kinds of environment especially since her parents work in remote locations around the world so it usually just her in her own world. Momo hopes to make a friend except for her owl, Peach.

 

"See you're not late. Now let me help you load your suitcases inside." Her dad said as he started carrying Momo's suitcases. "Of course you carry Peach." He said as Momo grabbed her Owl's cage.

 

They found a cabin with only one person. Momo politely knocked to get the girl's attention. The girl with then smiled and cheerfully opened the door. Momo went inside and her dad carefully placed her suitcases under the cabin table since the top shelves are occupied.

 

"Goodbye, darling. Have fun in Hogwarts. We will send you letters." Momo's dad gave her a hug and closed the door afterwards.

 

"Is that your dad?" the girl opposite of Momo asked. Momo nodded.

 

"You two are close." the girl added and gave Momo as soft yet sad smile The girl continued after the slight pause. "Anyway, My name is Sana, Minatozaki Sana." she waved cheerfully at Momo.

 

"Hello Sana. I'm Momo."

 

"Wow, your owl is beautiful. Whats his name?" Sana asked as she inspects the cage.

 

"Her name is Peach. I love her." Momo said as she looked at her pet owl lovingly. Momo wants to take Peach out of her cage for Sana to hold but she things thats a bad idea because owls are unpredictable.

 

"Why is her name peach? Does she likes peaches?" Sana asked as she continues to admire Peach.

 

"My name means peach in Japanese so I named her after my name." Momo answered. "How about you? What does Sana mean?" This time its Momo's turn to ask. Sana was taken aback by the question because she never really cared what her name means.

 

"I don't know actually. You have a nice name though." Sana replied.

 

"Thanks, you also have a nice name." Momo said.

 

 

They sat in silence. It wasn't awkward nor comfortable but it was quiet enough to make Momo slowly doze off. Sana is admiring the scenery as they pass by. Quietly humming herself as trees, rocks, rivers, and ravines rushes by the window like a moving painting. Momo is already in dreamland and now Sana is talking to Peach. Sana is muttering nonsense to the bird. 

 

"Hello Peach." Sana started her conversation with the owl. "My name is Sana." she introduced herself to the owl who looks into the distance nonchalantly with its two yellow eyes. 

 

"I know you will not reply to me because you are an owl but I have seen other creatures talk like Centaurs."

 

"I wonder if you talk too." Sana waited for the owl to reply but as usual the owl just gave her a screech and turned her head away.

 

"Hey! That is rude. I will tell that you are being rude to Momo." Sana remained focused on the owl's movements. Seeing move her head, she tried to imitate Peach's head turns because she finds it cute.

 

"Okay maybe not anymore because you are cute!" 

 

"I really wish you could meet my cat though but I don't think he's a fan of owls." Sana said after letting a sigh. She remembers her pet cat she left at home because she might not be able to take care of him while at school.

 

 

Sana spent time talking to Peach as Momo sunk into deeper slumber. Sana becomes more bored and restless after spending time talking to an owl she wishes Momo is awake so that she could talk to someone who isn't an owl. If Sana can't talk to Momo then she will look for someone to talk instead. She quietly opened the door and head out into the hallway then carefully closed the door of their cabin as she tries not to interrupt the sleeping girl. The low hum of the train engine and the slight rocking of the passenger car lulls Momo deeper in her slumber as she started to shift her position from sleeping upright to laying on her back and using her coat as a blanket. Momo is a deep sleeper to the point that the only thing that could wake her up when she is in her deep sleep is the sound out a dragon coming down from the heavens as it rains fire.

 

Momo remained asleep even though two passenger cars away, every one in the vicinity heard an ear piercing scream that made even the pets that other students carry in their person suddenly perk up (except the frogs and toads). The scream was followed by another but this time it is more deeper and more threatening than the last one but nonetheless still loud enough to wake other students peacefully resting in their cabins. Obviously Momo is still asleep after another scream which louder than the last two. At this point, everyone is peaking through the hallway looking at who is this scandalous student who is screaming the words "YOO JEONGYEON! I WILL DESTROY YOU!" 

 

It was like that for the next ten minutes as other students look at Nayeon covered in chocolate patches all over her clothes and face. Nayeon walks through the hallway with her eyes only looking forward and with the intent of finding Jeongyeon who is scrambling to get away from the furious 2nd year Slytherinn girl. Jeongyeon on the other hand knows that once Nayeon catches her it will be her end but she's lying if she said that she wasn't enjoying the attention. Seeing the look that other students give to Nayeon as she pass by their cabins covered in chocolate makes Jeongyeon want to stop and bask in her own accomplishment of pranking Nayeon even before reaching Hogwarts.

 

"YOO JEONGYEON! GET BACK HERE!" Nayeon screamed again as Jeongyeon made face to her as she ran away.

 

"You look good, Nabongs!" Jeongyeon retorted back with a teasing smile.

 

"YOUR SISTER WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS!" Nayeon shouted back. Her fist are clenched and ready to smite Jeongyeon with whatever heavenly power she thinks of. That didn't stop Jeongyeon though as she laughed harder.

 

"I honestly don't care, Nabongs. You can't even catch me on this train." Jeongyeon replied.

 

As Jeongyeon continues to back away, she accidentally bumped into another girl. Jeongyeon immediately apologized to the girl who then asked her what is she doing. Before Jeongyeon could reply, both girls heard Nayeon shout Jeongyeon's name with frustration as she draws closer to them. The girl not realizing what's happening, stood there and smiled at Nayeon who is fuming with rage at this moment. Jeongyeon seeing that the stranger she bumped into will not help her get away from her doom, she bolted away leaving the stranger in the hands of the chocolate covered fury, Im Nayeon.

 

"Hello my name is Sana. Can I help you?" Sana innocently asked. Nayeon was taken aback by Sana who is smiling beside her with her right hand waving at her.

 

"I'm quite in a commotion right now. As you can see I am covered  with chocolate." Nayeon tried her best to politely reply to Sana as she doesn't want to vent her frustrations on Jeongyeon to a friendly stranger.

 

"I can see that." Sana replied then she took a sample of the chocolate from Nayeon's face using her finger to taste. "Are these chocolate frogs? They taste good. I mean you taste good." Sana complimented.

 

"Uh..sure? Thanks? I guess." Nayeon hesitantly replied to the strange girl who just tasted the chocolate on her face. It momentarily distracted Nayeon from the real problem because Sana keeps insisting that she wants to help her. Nayeon have no choice but let Sana tag along.

 

Meanwhile, Jeongyeon found a cabin with one person sleeping soundly and wrapped in her coat. As much as Jeongyeon doesn't want to disturb this kid's sleep, she needs a place to hide. She saw two suitcases on neatly placed underneath the cabin table. Jeongyeon had an idea of stacking the suitcases enough to cover her under the table. She only hopes that she does not make too much noise to wake the sleeping kid inside. As Nayeon's voice draw closer, Jeongyeon immediately opened the door inside the cabin and removed her first year robe. She sat under the table and press her back against the wall and make herself as small as possible. She then took the two suitcases and stack it tall enough to close the gap. She then threw her robe in just to "fortify" her small hiding space. Jeongyeon sat in both silence and fear as Nayeon's voice is becomes louder as she walks towards the cabin's direction. Jeong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter