TZUYU

It All Started at Platform 9 3/4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XIV: TZUYU

 

 

When the sorting hat shouted Slytherin after almost half an hour of it debating with Tzuyu and itself, the young witch both now have the prestige to be called a hat stall and a Slytherin at the same time. On the other hand, Tzuyu dreaded from the fact that she was sorted into Slytherin. A muggleborn like her doesn't belong in the exclusive all-pureblood House of Salazar Slytherin but apparently being a hat stall made the whole Slytherin table (or at least most of them) erupted into cheers as the Sorting Hat shouted their house's name. Tzuyu doesn't feel honored though as she timidly walked towards the Slytherin table.

 

The young witch knows that Slytherin have a stigma surrounding them. They don't like muggleborns. She have read books prior to coming to Hogwarts in order to fully understand their society. Being an outsider to a culture and a society that is way different from the one you are born into is a thing that is hard for an 11-year-old to handle. Tzuyu somberly walked to the the Slytherin table. She knows that behind the cheering smiles and applause is disgust that a muggleborn managed to get in their house. Tzuyu refuses to look up. She begrudgingly trudges towards the Slytherin table.

 

When she finally sat down the table, she was quiet as she is lost in her thoughts. Anxious to what is going to be her fate in a house that is known for their high infamous reputation of not liking muggleborns, she just stared at the silver plate in front of her. She wanted to be anywhere except Slytherin. In fact, it was the last house she thought of getting sorted into. She thinks that she doesn't have the traits that Salazar Slytherin values. Heck, she doesn't even have the family status he requires. It honestly made Tzuyu question a lot of things about herself. The sorting hat probably knows something she didn't but then again the thing was blabbering about potential in her head. Considering that she was a hat stall, which took the sorting hat almost 20 minutes to decide where to put her, when it shouted Slytherin, Tzuyu swore her whole body went numb in fear.

 

She obviously doesn't understand how that stupid talking hat work. All Tzuyu know that it is magical since it can talk and stuff. It wasn't something that can be explained through rational thinking but Tzuyu thinks that the hat is stupid for putting her in Slytherin. In fact, Tzuyu wanted to be with her first ever friend she made at Hogwarts, well technically not at Hogwarts since they met at the train earlier, Chaeyoung was unfortunately sorted into Slytherin's rival House, Gryffindor. Knowing that her first friend was sorted into Gryffindor just made Tzuyu lost all motivation. In her mind, she regrets being here now. The once ecstatic and exciting feeling is replaced with gloom and sadness.

 

"Hey kid. You look sad for a hat stall." A voice said nonchalantly from across the table. This made Tzuyu look up to see who called her.

 

"Are you talking to me?" Tzuyu asked in surprise. The girl across her looked at her weirdly.

 

"Probably." The girl answered. She had her chin resting on her palms looking bored at the whole ceremony.

 

"I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to-" Tzuyu tries to apologize to the girl as she thought she offended her.

 

"Nah, its nothing. I know what you're thinking." The girl replied. Tzuyu's attention is focused at her.

 

"I don't like it here." Tzuyu whispered as another cheer erupted as another student is sorted.

 

"I heard you." The girl said casually. Tzuyu froze in shock and sat quietly as she looked at the girl with fear swelling inside her.

 

"You look like a dementor your soul." The girl remarked at Tzuyu's demeanor.

 

"I..." Tzuyu was about say something but decided against it.

 

"Its fine if you don't like it here. I know a lot of kids here that don't like their houses." she says. It did a ease Tzuyu's mind a little.

 

"I'm a muggleborn in Slytherin, how bad does it get." Tzuyu replied.

 

"Ah...you probably read the books that tell you that Slytherins hate muggleborns and muggles." She said as if realizing something.

 

"Is that true?" Tzuyu shyly asked.

 

"If you ask me, I'd say yes but that was in the past. A majority of Slytherins nowadays are more open-minded than the ones before." she answered.

 

"That's comforting." Tzuyu replied as another cheer erupted from a different table. As the cheer went on the conversation became silent. Tzuyu took this opportunity to study the face of the girl sitting across from her.

 

Aside from the usual Slytherin robes and uniform nothing is out of the ordinary. Tzuyu finds her pretty despite looking cold and uninterested. For now, she doesn't know what to make up with her older peer. Her parents taught her not to think badly of other people unless they prove to be that. Upon further inspection, she noticed a signet ring on her middle finger and a prefect badge proudly pinned on her robe. Tzuyu doesn't know what to think about the signet ring however the prefect badge make perfect sense to her. The girl does have an aura of authority around her and she does look suited for her role as a prefect.

 

"Its rude to stare, you know." she called Tzuyu out who then snaps herself back into reality.

 

"Looks like you were in deep thought." she remarked.

 

"So you are a prefect?" Tzuyu asked just to be sure she didn't mistake the badge as a possible family crest or something.

 

"Ah yes, I am one of the prefects. I guess the badge gave it away." She replied giving her a short smile.

 

"Reminds me, I haven't introduced myself yet. My name's Nayeon. I'm a 5th year." Nayeon reached her hand to Tzuyu. The younger timidly shook her hand.

 

"I'm Tzuyu." she replied back.

 

"I know. I heard your name being called earlier." Nayeon said as she chuckled at Tzuyu's slight embarrassment.

 

"I...forgot." Tzuyu's cheeks warmed up from embarras

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter