DAHYUN

It All Started at Platform 9 3/4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XII: DAHYUN

 

 

Dahyun is that type of kid who doesn't care about what others think of her to say the least. People find her weird and eccentric which caused people to avoid her most of the time especially during her first weeks at Hogwarts. Her eccentricity way too much even for both Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw combined. She was almost a hat stall during her sorting as the sorting hat is having a hard time trying to decide where to put her. Dahyun noticed how long the sorting is becoming so she decided where to go instead.

 

"Just put me in Hufflepuff and let's be done with it yeah?" Dahyun said it out loud to the Sorting hat.

 

This actually caused the whole room to either look at her funnily or with their jaws on their floor. Some students try not to laugh as this is quite a funny scene as the professors and the sorting hat (oh my especially the sorting hat) looked like they just witnessed the greatest witch of all time cast a never-before-seen magical spell. Technically speaking, Dahyun sorted herself into Hufflepuff.

 

For a first year student, she's immediately earned a reputation of as she has the most complicated wardrobe in Hogwarts. Most of the time she is seen with her plaid pants or pajamas, sometimes she is wearing weird hats along with hoodies. In fact, she always scolded by prefects as she is wearing the wrong uniform or not wearing the uniform properly. Currently, the Prefects had given up on Dahyun's eccentric clothing habits and lets her wear whatever she wants to wear as long as it is the complete Hogwarts uniform.

 

The one thing that Dahyun thinks about until this day is how both Sana and Momo not notice her existence until that day after quidditch tryouts. The fact that they are both house mates and Dahyun already standing out among the rest, Dahyun isn't a hard person to notice. Anyway, she is happy now that she have friends. She admits that she was really lonely during the train ride to Hogwarts and her first days as no one wanted to associate with a weird kid who likes picking bugs and stuff.

 

It was when one time while she was exploring the Castle for the first time during her first weekend on Hogwarts, she stumbled upon Mina who was talking to a painting. The two are having a pleasant conversation about explosive spells and potions. Dahyun decides to randomly join in the conversation. She eases herself quickly as her wit allowed her to relate to the conversation. Mina and Dahyun became friends after that as they would often see each other (usually by accident) and talk about things. Mina then introduced her to Jeongyeon, Jihyo and Nayeon.

 

The reason why Momo and Sana weren't aware of Dahyun's involvement to the group is that they are both quite busy especially preparing for the quidditch tryouts that time. It was by chance that Sana found Dahyun wearing a chicken hat that wraps around her head and then finding out that Dahyun have been spending time with the others for quite a while now. Sana in particular is always clinging to Dahyun in every chance she gets.

 

Ever since they met, Sana and Momo (but mostly Sana) have noticed that Dahyun is usually not found in the Hufflepuff Common Room even after class hours. Sana would most of the time look for Dahyun until dinner, she usually tries to drag Momo with her but Momo is either sleeping, hanging out with Mina, Jeongyeon, Jihyo, or Nayeon (either separately or with as a group of 3). Knowing Momo, searching for people isn't really her thing (except if it is Mina).

 

Unbeknownst to the whole group, Dahyun found the Shrieking Shack and is making it her own personal hideout. Dahyun is scared of a lot of things and there are a lot of scary things in the castle. The ghost are one thing, but the scariest is probably the myth surrounding the place she's now turning into a small hideout. It is said that is where Voldemort killed Severus Snape. It is also said that screaming and wailing can be heard inside the house. Obviously, when she found it she immediately turned back and ran. After several attempts of testing if the myth is actually true and finding that it is probably a hoax, she just said to herself that she doesn't care and will do it anyways.

 

*****

 

"Dahyun-ah! Where have been going for the past weeks?" Sana interrogated the first year.

 

Currently they are all seated at the Ravenclaw table. Jeongyeon is still recovering at the hospital and its been a week since then. Nayeon is more reserved than usual. Dahyun noticed that Nayeon is wearing a ring but she doesn't dwell on the weird detail. Sana is sitting beside her, Momo is sitting across her and beside her is Mina and Jihyo. Nayeon is seating on her left. Dahyun is busy eyeing Momo and Mina instead.

 

"Dahyuniiiee! Where are you going after classes huh?" this time Sana is clinging on her arm trying to get her to answer. Dahyun snaps out of it.

 

"I'm exploring, unnie. I don't want to get lost." Dahyun answered.

 

"By the way, when are you guys planning to fix, Jeongyeon's broom?" Momo asked.

 

"Are you all free this evening?" Jihyo asked the group. All of them nodded except Dahyun, who is planning on doing more renovations to the Shack.

 

"Why aren't you going, Dahyun?" Mina asked.

 

"I-I...I um...have homework." Dahyun stuttered as she tries to find an excuse.

 

"What? Its a friday today. First years aren't given homeworks during a friday." Nayeon interjects. This caught Dahyun off guard as she scrambles to find a plausible reason for her other reason.

 

"I-I-Its..I..um..kinda starting in advance....you know....I want good grades. Heh." Dahyun said as she forced a smile.

 

The group looked at her in a weirdly but accepted her excuse, except for Sana.

 

"YAAAH! You've been gone for like a week and you can't spend time with us?" Sana said. Sana's little outburst caused the group to stop and look at Sana.

 

"Sana, let Dahyun be. She wants to get high grades and that's fine." Nayeon said.

 

"No, Its not that I don't want her to study. It is just that I noticed she's not sleeping at the dorm for the past weeks." Sana explained. This caused everyone's eyes to widen in shock.

 

"What? Wait where do you sleep?" Mina first asked.

 

"I mean is this true, Dubu?" Nayeon asked at the same time used her little nickname Jeongyeon gave Dahyun when they first met.

 

"Wait. Can you all ask questions one by one. I can't answer them all." Dahyun said as she tries to halt the barrage of questions thrown at her by her unnies.

 

The group then all composed themselves. Since Dahyun is their youngest as of now, everyone is acting like a big sister to her. Dahyun doesn't mind their concerns for her well-being but sometimes, they can really get overprotective. Mina told her that it is a normal thing the their group does. Mina even stated that when she was a first year, Nayeon and Jeongyeon (sometimes Momo) would literally hunt down whoever tries to bully anyone in the group. That fact kinda scared Dahyun until she actually met them but there is still this small fear in her whenever she sees their competitive side.

 

Right now, all eyes are on Dahyun after Sana's revelation that she is not seen sleeping in their dorm at night. The young Hufflepuff doesn't know if her unnies will give a scolding of a lifetime or will just calmly talk to her but knowing them, she's sure that she'll get scolded right where she sits. Seeing that it doesn't seem that making up more excuses would be a good idea.

 

"Okay, I admit it. I don't sleep in the dorms anymore." Dahyun said and immediately almost everyone except Mina are ready to do some serious scolding to their youngest.

 

"Unnies, let Dahyun speak before you scold her like a mother." Mina stood up and raised both her hands as if trying to telepathically stop them.

 

"Anyway, Dahyun you may continue." Mina nodded at the scared and confused Dahyun who is doing an over dramatization of a scared child.

 

"Ehem...so I think it is better to show it to all of you instead of telling it." Dahyun stood up and the rest of the group followed suit.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter