JIHYO

It All Started at Platform 9 3/4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VIII: JIHYO

 

 

Jihyo has been spending time with her fellow Gryffindor a lot. Jeongyeon made her feel that there is no between the two of them as the older Gryffindor is more playful and more child-like than her. She also watched Jeongyeon's try-outs for the Gryffindor Quidditch Team along with Nayeon who tagged along for "The fear that Jihyo might get into trouble because of Jeongyeon's actions or something.". Jihyo haven't been in any trouble so far. Jeongyeon is actually quite focused on studying and Jihyo finds the older girl different from what Nayeon, Momo, and Sana said she's supposed to be. Jihyo really enjoys spending time in the Gryffindor common room after classes. She loves the warm feeling it gives off that makes her concentrate whenever she's studying.

 

As much as Jihyo wants to get good grades, Jeongyeon comes in and drags her to whatever adventure the older girl gets her involved. She really can't say no either. Even with given the choice to study or to do something fun, Jihyo's picking the latter.

 

"Where are we going?" Jihyo asked the Jeongyeon. At this point she doesn't bother calling Jeongyeon unnie since both of them finds it weird anyways.

 

"I'm setting up a prank." Jeongyeon said as they go down the rotating stairs.

 

"I have to study for charms tomorrow and you're pulling me into another prank?" Jihyo said with quaint frustration in her voice. You see, Jihyo really loves Charms class and is aiming to get high grades for the subject but Jeongyeon is pulling her into another one of her pranks.

 

"Yes I know that. I need more than two hands for this prank though." Jeongyeon replied as they hastily make their way out of the Main building and into the Main courtyard.

 

"Oh for Merlin's sake please don't do the stink bomb prank again like what you did in the Transfiguration Hallways." Jihyo said.

 

"No, this is different. You'll see." Jeongyeon said as she gave Jihyo a mischievous grin. Deep in her mind Jihyo knows Hogwarts is up for a new disaster.

 

Jihyo followed Jeongyeon in silence until they reached the actual clock mechanism in the Clocktower. Jihyo is quite confused on what are they doing here and Jeongyeon just responed by giving her a crooked grin as she takes her wand out of her robe. 

 

"Woah. woah woah!" Jihyo stopped Jeongyeon who is already in position to cast a spell.

 

"What?" Jeongyeon asked as she turned to look at Jihyo who is concerned and somewhat scared.

 

"You're not planning to destroy the clock do you?" Jihyo asked with her eyes wide open and her heart raising fast. Jeongyeon let out a laugh.

 

"No!" Jeongyeon laughed hard to the point that it looks like she's just inhaling air from rather than actually laughing.

 

"What-HAHAHAAH!" Jeongyeon struggle to continue as she keeps on laughing. 

 

"I'm leaving." Jihyo said as she is not amused at Jeongyeon who is on the floor now dying of laughter. She didn't stop laughing until Jihyo turned her back on her.

 

"WAIT! I need you here." Jeongyeon said with whatever semblance of seriousness she had left.

 

"Look I don't want to get in detention, Jeongyeon." Jihyo said.

 

"You won't I promise." Jeongyeon said and she returned to her spell casting position. "Just keep watch." she said as she start mumbling incantations that Jihyo can't really make up the words of.

 

Jihyo did what Jeonyeon wants her to do. She stood guard as the older Gryffindor continues whatever she's doing. Jihyo isn't really standing guard, she's just standing there with boredom in her face. She really wants to study for Charms tomorrow not because she wants to flex that she's good but because she wants to throw a petty 'In-your-face' revenge to those pureblood jerks who belittles her and Mina for not being "as good as them". Jihyo hates those students especially that they keep pestering Mina who just quietly does her without bothering anyone.

 

Jihyo wants to inform the older girls about Mina being harassed by those jerks but Mina keeps insisting to not bother and just let them go. Obviously, Jihyo doesn't like that idea a lot. She wants to teach those brats a lesson but she's also learning to use her magic as well. The quiet Ravenclaw is actually a natural when it comes to magic, something Jihyo wished she is as well. They both know about each other's insecurities since they are they are in the same year and share all classes rather than the older ones. They both said to each other to help each other to be better in magic so that they can be like their older friends who are becoming quite popular among the student population.

 

Whenever they talk about the older girls they always seem to find what is unique to them that made them stand out. This gives them slight anxiety because they don't find something in them makes them worthy to be part of their friend circle. Although, whenever they get together they don't feel that sense of superiority in them as being the popular cool kids in Hogwarts. Jihyo finds being with the bunch very homey and welcoming. There are times she might have felt awkward around them but Nayeon would comfort her that its fine. That she herself is also an outsider compared to the Trio of Momo, Sana, and Jeongyeon, who Nayeon only knows well. But even though that's the situation, the girls build a friendship that felt real.

 

Jeongyeon became Jihyo's second close friend next to Nayeon. Since they both are in the same house, they have bonded a lot especially on things like Jeongyeon helping Jihyo in her homeworks and Jihyo helping Jeongyeon in her cleaning habit. Which leads us back to Jihyo being dragged into whatever Jeongyeon's doing right now.

 

The older girl finished casting her spell as she sets down her wand beside her. Jeongyeon pulled a rubber chicken from her robe. Jihyo noticed it because of the bright yellow color that popped out contrasting the dark stone walls inside the clocktower. Growing up mostly in the muggle world (despite having a magical parent) Jihyo knows what that rubber chicken is. The only question her mind is asking is:

 

"When and how did you get that?" Jihyo asked and pointed at the rubber chicken Jeongyeon is currently holding.

 

"Huh this?" The older raised the rubber chicken then looked at it for a while "Well, Mina let me borrow it." She innocently answered.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter