JIHYO

It All Started at Platform 9 3/4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XI: JIHYO

 

 

Jihyo knows how competitive the whole school becomes once quidditch season starts. Nayeon to be exact is currently the school's personification of what a Slytherin should be. Jihyo is actually kinda scared of how Nayeon is serious about quidditch knowing that the girl isn't that much of a fan of the sport herself. Jihyo thought Nayeon became a quidditch announcer for extra curricular activity and things like that but she wasn't aware is that serious when it comes to quidditch.

 

Today is the first game that will start the quidditch season. Jihyo is at the Gryffindor table eating lunch alone since for today's game, it is Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw. Nayeon is at the Slytherin table minding her own business. Sana and Momo are nowhere to be found as of the moment. Mina actually passed as Ravenclaw's seeker and is currently seating with her team mates at the Ravenclaw table speaking in hushed voices talking about their gameplan for today. Dahyun, well, she is off somewhere probably picking bugs and experimenting on them. 

 

Jihyo is almost halfway done when the Gryffindor team showed up for lunch. They aren't wearing their actual quidditch uniforms but are wearing the standard Gryffindor quidditch jumper. Jeongyeon already have her dragonhide shin guards on. The Gryffindor captain greeted the Ravenclaw captain and shook hands and exchanged goodluck. Jihyo caught Nayeon staring a Jeongyeon with agape. Jihyo is tempted to shoot a jet of water at Nayeon's open mouth but decided against it after remembering that Nayeon today isn't the usual Nayeon. Today's Nayeon is a raging personification of competitiveness.

 

Jeongyeon does in fact look good. Jihyo doesn't deny that the older girl sure does have the charisma. Her boy-cut hair that she dyed blonde this year sure did made a couple of heads turn, Nayeon included. Now, put Jeongyeon in her quidditch attire, you have both boys and girls from first to fourth year falling heads over heels for her. Jihyo may have overheard a couple of student gossips here and there about how their little group of friends are composed of attractive kids. She remembers that one time she heard a group of girls gushing about them while she's in the bathroom.

 

Suffice to say, their small group is popular. None of them really sought the attention in the first place except for Jeongyeon and Nayeon. Often times Jihyo thinks that they are popular because of the two as they are either seen always eating together in whatever table they want to eat at or is usually wandering around the campus together. Now, Jihyo hears hushed voices awestruck by Yoo Jeongyeon's quidditch visuals. If Jihyo's brain have a mouth, it had already vomited out of disgust. Jihyo knows Jeongyeon enough to see that the keeper is enjoying the attention.

 

"Hey, Jihyo." Jeongyeon approached her with a confident smile.

 

"Why are you smiling like that?" Jihyo asked as she noticed Jeongyeon's awfully confident smile.

 

"What do you mean?" Jeongyeon said as she tried to feign ignorance.

 

"Stop it. It's more disturbing than a dementor." Jihyo deadpans.

 

"Is it bad to smile when you're happy?" Jeongyeon asked rhetorically.

 

"Its bad when you look like a prisoner who just escaped from Azkaban." Jihyo retorted. Jeongyeon ignored the younger girl's comment.

 

"So what does Nabongs look like?" Jeongyeon asked. Jihyo just eyed her weirdly.

 

"Are you sure you are not crushing on her, Jeong?" Jihyo asked back.

 

"Merlin's beard just answer the question." Jeongyeon sighed as she rolled her eyes at her friends "ridiculous" question.

 

"Psh. Well she looks like her jaw dropped on the floor. Hope that boost your ego." Jihyo said. Jeongyeon smiled wider. "Are you really sure you don't have a crush on her?" Jihyo asked her again.

 

"Merlin's beard what the heck are you talking about?" Jeongyeon said as if what Jihyo said is the most scandalous thing she ever heard.

 

"I'm just asking. Why are you suddenly defensive there." Jihyo joked at Jeongyeon who wasn't having it.

 

"You know you look good together. I hear a lot of students thought you two are actually together." Jihyo throws a joking statement that physically made Jeongyeon gag.

 

"Are you trying to sabotage me?" Jeongyeon asked rhetorically.

 

"No. You're the one getting all gushy mushy there." Jihyo said after she laughs at Jeongyeon's face.

 

"I'm onto you, Park. You're trying to sabotage the key player." Jeongyeon said as she playfully squints her eyes at Jihyo.

 

"Psh. Just admit you like Nayeon-unnie." Jihyo said as she took a bite of her food.

 

"That is the most absurd and most ridiculous thing you ever said." Jeongyeon said as she walks away with both of her hands on her ears.

 

"I don't know if both of them are so dense or really in denial." Jihyo said to herself after she let out a soft sigh.

 

After lunch, Students gathered to the quidditch pitch finding their seats. As usual, their group sat together no matter their house. This is also Dahyun's first quidditch match and she's conflicted on who to cheer. Momo obviously is cheering Ravenclaw because of Mina. Sana cheers whoever is winning. Jihyo is on full on competitive mode. Nayeon is on the Announcer's booth hyping up the crowd.

 

"Are you ready for the first game for this season!?" Nayeon hypes up the students who roared in excitement. 

 

"Madame Hooch is now approaching the center field holding the quaffle and the chest that holds the two bludgers and the golden snitch." Nayeon commented

 

"GO GRYFFINDOOOOOO!" Jihyo shouted and cheered for her House.

 

"WOOOH YES! GO GRYFFINDOOOOOR!" Sana followed suit.

 

"GO JEONGYEON-UNNIE!" Dahyun shouted to the field.

 

Jeongyeon heard Dahyun's cheer and looked at their direction and gave them a smile and wave. The surrounding students in their area suddenly started squealing. Momo finds it funny that Jeongyeon have fans. Sana got flustered and shocked by Jeongyeon's impact. Dahyun's ego is proud because Jeongyeon is her friend. Jihyo shouted more.

 

"GO MINARIIIIII!" Momo shouted her support for the new seeker for the Ravenclaw team.

 

"YES GO MINAAAA! CRUSH THEM!" Dahyun shouted.

 

"GO MINA BUT STILL GO GRYFFINDOOOOOR!" Jihyo shouted her support for her friend.

 

"YEEEEES MINAAAAA!" Sana cheered.

 

The cheers from her friends are loud for Mina to hear as sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter