JEONGYEON

It All Started at Platform 9 3/4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XIII: JEONGYEON

 

 

Jeongyeon spent about a month in St. Mungo's healing her injuries from her first seasonal game against Ravenclaw this year. Her head injury was the worst one as the bludger that hit her head managed to crack her skull. Good thing magic exist and based on Mina's stories about muggle medicine, muggles who got hit in the head suffer long lasting and sometime debilitating effects. Jeongyeon is grateful she isn't one of them. Her broken arm completely healed just after 2 weeks but her head needs more time healing according to the healers. Her family would visit her every week. Seungyeon would send letters along with her friends' letters for her. Jeongyeon is like an excited puppy whenever Seungyeon's owl would enter her room through the window while at having a small parcel of letters tied to its foot.

 

Jeongyeon would give treats and water for him to drink after a long flight from Hogwarts. By the time she finishes reading the letters, as if on cue, Seungyeon's owl flies out of the window and sets his course back to the Hogwarts Owlery. 

 

 

 

 

Deeeaar Jeongyeon,

        GET YOUR HEAD FIXED ALREADY THE SUBSTITUTE GOALKEEPER FOR GRYFFINDOR IS BAD AT BEING A GOALKEEPER!

Anyway, please get well soon. The Gryffindor common room is messy without you. (Also seriously it doesn't feel the same without you.)

 

Jihyo 

 

Jeongyeon laughed at Jihyo's short letter as she knows how much of a competitive spirit Park Jihyo is. Jeongyeon shudders at the thought of the common room looking like a dragon did a reckless rampage inside. She fully knows how her house mates could get rowdy and wild sometimes leaving the Common area a mess of thrown pillows and messy couch covers. Jeongyeon erased the thought of the messy Gryffindor common room as she opens another envelope.

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon,

 

      Please get well soon! I miss our late night sneaking to the kitchens. Also the Hufflepuff table is missing their number 1 food thief. Sana won't stop asking about you. Also please get back here soon, I'm scared of Jihyo during quidditch matches against Gryffindor. I think she might blow me up into pieces if I we win against gryffindor.

 

-Momo

 

Jeongyeon smiled at Momo's letter as she read it as she knew how much Momo despises her for stealing food on the Hufflepuff table. In Jeongyeon's defense, tables only matter when there is a formal feast or something like that. Technically students can sit where they want but most of the student body opts to sit with their fellow house mates in one table. Jeongyeon made a mental note that once she gets back, she'll do a night time kitchen raid again with Sana and Momo.

 

 

 

 

JEONGYEONNIE

 

I hope you are doing well. Unnie misses you. Don't worry I asked your crush to write you a letter too. (You owe me for that). Well things are fine here. Your friends are doing great and are not getting themselves into trouble. i will still keep an eye on them just in case your friend, Choi wants to do something to them. Again I miss you little sis. Hogwarts feels different without you. 

 

(Also don't start gushing and blushing if you see Your crush-I mean Nayeon's letter for you. Again you owe me.)

 

Love,

Seungyeon

 

Jeongyeon almost choked on her own saliva when she read her unnie's teasing letter for her. Seungyeon outright said that her crush is Nayeon but Jeongyeon blatantly denies it in her consciousness. 

 

"Ah Seungyeon-unnie what in the world are you talking about?? I have no crush on Nayeon!" Jeongyeon said her thoughts out loud to no one as she is the only person in the room right now, except if you count the owl who screeched as if talking to Jeongyeon.

 

"I know right!? Gosh! Seungyeon-unnie needs to stop these delusions." Jeongyeon said to the owl who turned its head away from her.

 

Jeongyeon then opened Mina's letter and was greeted by a messy yet charming letter. Jeongyeon knows that Mina have quiet the difficulty writing in quills since there she's from the muggle world. Jeongyeon remembers the time Mina informed them that Muggles don't use quills to write instead they use a strange device called a "ballpen" when Mina showed them an example of a ballpen, everyone except Jihyo (who was amused by their reaction), was confused, amazed, and bewildered at the same time.

 

"Its not even a ball." Momo said.

 

"It's a pen but definitely not a ball." Sana agrees with Momo as they both nodded at each other.

 

"Okay so that weird thing doesn't need an inkwell?" Nayeon asked with her eyes in pure amazement. "That would save me so much time."

 

"I'm so amused at how wizards get so baffled by mundane muggle objects such as a pen." Jihyo whispered to Mina who at this point gave the ballpen to the witches who are doing weird noises as they try it out.

 

"WOOOOAAH! It like it has a never-ending supply of ink!" Jeongyeon exclaimed as they continue to try the ballpen.

 

"But why is it called ballpen when it doesn't even look like a ball?" Momo asked with such vigorous curiosity.

 

"Its complicated, Mo." Mina answered. Momo didn't ask anymore instead she tries to figure it out on her own.

 

"Muggles sure do have weird ways of naming their things." Jeonyeon said.

 

Jeonyeon smiled at the memory then she read Mina's letter for her. The letter came with a small photograph of the group. All were smiling and candidly laughing. Jeongyeon's heart melt as she saw Nayeon smiling happily with the rest. She may not be there for her but at least Jeongyeon is assured that Nayeon is being taken care of by her friends. Jeongyeon can't stop looking at Nayeon in the photo. Jeongyeon doesn't know where the picture was taken but by the looks of it, it was taken in some house which Jeongyeon determined that it is definitely not her house of anyone's house since they are wearing their uniforms. Nevertheless, this made her curious. 

 

 

 

 

Hello Jeongyeon,

    Everyone is missing you here already. Again, I'm really sorry about what happened during our game. I know you will say that it wasn't my fault but I honestly still feel guilty about what happened. The Ravenclaw team sends their well wishes to you too. They miss the challenge you bring every match. Don't worry about us. We are fine just focus on getting better.

 

mina 

 

Jeongyeon spent her day reading letter from friends, family, and schoolmates. Apparently, Jeongyeon is well-known in Hogwarts as that student who protects vulnerable kids from bullies thus earning her respect and adoration from her fellow school mates. Out of all the letters she read the longest was from Sana, Sana would ask her questions about her health for 10 tiimes then goes back to telling a novel long story of how Dahyun managed to catch a bug and made it bigger She then proceeds to scare the group as she let it loose. Jeongyeon enjoyed reading it because of Sana's expressive writing. Her letter is complete with a commentary on how disgusted they were to how they all heard Mina scream in terror for the first time and how Momo and Nayeon were running like mad cows as they both chase Dahyun and run away from the enlarged bug.

 

Jeongyeon laughed at her friends antics and wished that she was there to witness the events her friends wrote about in their letters. Jeongyeon saved her letter for last as usual. She took her dragonhide leather covered diary and folded the letters from her friends and placed it within the pages of her diary. Her diary have a back cover

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter