SANA

It All Started at Platform 9 3/4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

X: SANA

 

 

Sana had been Momo's best friend in Hogwarts. Its been a year since the day they met each other at Hogwarts Express along with the shenanigans they had to deal with being with Jeongyeon that year. After being sorted into the same house and spending most of their summers together, the two girls have established a relationship that is synonymous to sibling. They would fight, bicker, and have misunderstandings but they make sure that it doesn't break the bond they have carefully built over a year.

 

Sana knows Momo from head to toe. She knows that her best friend likes someone. Often times people overlook Sana as a fun loving dorky Hufflepuff but that's just the tip of the iceberg. Minatozaki Sana is genius in her own way. She knows many things that can be seen as useless information by other but for her it is those small insignificant details that make the bigger picture.

 

Momo's behavior since starting the term, have out of her usual routine. Sana noticed how early Momo goes to bed and wakes up and at first she's proud that her best friend is starting to become an early riser as it saves her a lot of time to wake her up. Sana then would find Momo with Mina already having their breakfast. At first Sana was happy that Mina is having fun with them and together with Jeongyeon, Nayeon, and Jihyo. It was until when Sana noticed Momo struggling on staying awake during classes and often time the professors would see her asleep and as a penalty, Hufflepuff's house points are deducted.

 

Time pass and Sana have noticed it. Momo is crushing hard on Mina, she isn't blind. She confided with Jihyo one time about Momo's crush on Mina and to her surprise the Gryffindor also sees it. Sana is just unsure if Mina notice that Momo like her. Somewhere in her consciousness, Sana is jealous that Momo have a crush on Mina. Its not that she likes Momo or Mina. She actually confused if this jealousy stems from the fact Momo found someone better than her as a friend or if she does like Momo. It honestly frustrates Sana a lot especially seeing Momo having fun being around Mina.

 

Momo does things to Mina that she doesn't do to Sana. Momo wakes up earlier for Mina. Momo fetches Mina from the library so that they could have lunch or dinner together. Momo is different around Mina. This breaks Sana heart because nothing hurts more than the thought of being replaced. During summer, they both said that they will enter quidditch together. Momo loves the sport but Sana is reluctant. She just joined because she just wants to be with her best friend. Sana wanting to feel validated by her best friend confided Momo the night before their first quidditch practice.

 

"Hey, Momo." Sana called. They are now in their beds lying down. As usual their beds are adjacent to each other.

 

"Yeah?" Momo answered. She is looking at the ceiling.

 

"Am I still your best friend?" Sana reluctantly asked. Momo didn't answer immediately.

 

"What kind of question is that?" Momo asked back. This time Momo faced Sana.

 

"Just answer it." Sana shrugs.

 

"Yes. Of course, you are still my best friend." Momo answered. She was confused by Sana's random question at first but she dismissed it as its probably Sana being Sana.

 

"What about Mina then?" Sana asked. This caused Momo's relaxed and composed disposition to shift into a somewhat uncomfortable one.

 

"What do you mean? Mina is our friend." Momo plainly stated.

 

"No, I mean what is she to you?" Sana rephrased her question.

 

"She's my friend." Momo tried to say something different to what she wants to say. Both of them knows it.

 

"Stop lying to me, Momo." Sana said. Momo can hear bitterness in her voice.

 

"Mina is a friend to me, Sana." Momo said this time she is annoyed by the useless pestering by Sana. "What do you want, Sana?" Momo returns the question.

 

"Nothing. Goodnight." Sana turns around in her bed.

 

"Now you're being unreasonable." Momo said to Sana knowing that the other isn't asleep yet. Sana didn't move.

 

"Stop being jealous. You have no reason to." Momo spits venom to Sana's feelings. Sana sleep with dry tears that night as that was the most hurtful thing Momo said to her.

 

The next morning, Sana didn't wake up as the Sana who is a ball of sunshine and happiness instead she woke up pissed and hurt. She didn't bother waking Momo up. She didn't bother greeting the people around the Hufflepuff dorm a good morning. She didn't bother giving a damn to anyone. Sana is not in her best mood as she walk around the Castle grounds trying to keep her head clear and calm. What Momo said to her last night. After wandering the ground for about an hour, her stomach starts rumbling and she knows its time for some breakfast.

 

Sana entered the Great Hall but as soon as seeing Momo and Mina sitting beside each other she can't help but to feel more annoyed. Mina tried to greet her but she didn't care. Sana just took 3 pieces of toast from the table and immediately left. Before leaving she made sure to glare at Momo. A gesture that signals they are not in good terms. Of course, the others have picked it up but Sana is now outside of the Great Hall and is too mad to care if they are talking about her now.

 

A month after not talking and blatantly avoiding Momo and Mina, Sana have noticed a lot changed after that morning. Momo is barely passing her subjects. She's usually falling asleep in class and sometimes professors catch her completely out. This cause a lot of deduction for Hufflepuff. Sana also noticed Momo's sloppiness during quidditch practice. Often the quidditch captain scolds her for not being focused enough as she was almost got hit by a bludger. Good thing the beater got to it first before it hit Momo right on the temple.

 

Seeing her friend is such a different state, Sana have to do something to get Momo back on track. Sana cares a lot for Momo although there are times Momo does her own things alone the latter also care a lot about Sana. She doesn't want to see her friend spiral into whatever she's becoming. Momo's grades are barely passing, she's trying to balance both quidditch and studying.

 

One day, Sana found Momo sleeping on the couch of the Hufflepuff common room. Her potions book covers her sleeping face. Her uniform is ruffled as if she was made to run from the main floor to the 7th floor of the castle and back again. Momo's Hufflepuff neck tie is loose and the sleeves of her white shirt is rolled up. It is obvious that Momo's isn't at her best as she looks exhausted and have pushed herself too much trying to catch up to her studies.

 

"Mo, wake up." Sana gently shook her sleeping friend. It took her a couple of tries before Momo jerks up making her potions book to fall of her face.

 

"Ugh...hey Sana." Momo greeted. She scrambles to fix her notes and books on the coffee table.

 

"Are you okay?" Sana asked. She also helped her friend pick up scattered parchments.

 

"I'm good." Momo said with tiredness in her voice. 

 

"No, you're not. I noticed you haven't been yourself recently." Sana said and she sat beside Momo on the couch.

 

"Its nothing. I'm just having a lot of things going through my head." Momo said. The air is awkward between them. 

 

"Sana-"

 

"Momo-" They both say simultaneously.

 

"You go first." Momo said. Sana did not protest.

 

"I don't know whats going on with you but I'm worried. I feel that I did this to you." Sana said. Guilt seeps into her words and to her facial expression.

 

"No, you didn't do anything. Whatever is happening to me is my doing, not yours." Momo said. "I shouldn't have forgotten about my best friend." she added and slowly tears form around Momo's eyes.

 

"I felt like I took your friendship for granted and I feel like a bad friend to you. When Mina came, I forgot about you. I am admitting that now." Momo continued. Sana is trying to hold her tears as well as she puts a comforting arm around Momo's shoulder.

 

"I was unsure of what is Mina to me because I don't know if I only like her as a friend or something more than that. I was confused. I'm sorry for being a bad best friend." Momo said and this time her tears are already falling. Sana wipes her best friend's tears using her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter