JEONGYEON

It All Started at Platform 9 3/4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VI: JEONGYEON

 

 

Today is the Coming Home day and Jeongyeon have already neatly packed her things as well as flawlessly fixed her bed. Despite having a spell that instantly does cleaning work for her she rarely uses it instead she always prefers cleaning with her own hands. She would just use cleaning spells when she have no time to spare or the mess is too much for manual labor to handle. Surprisingly, her dorm mates never thought of her as the neat and clean type as she often pulls messy pranks and is a known joker among the Gryffindors. Her cleanliness actually earned her the respect of Gryffindor's prefect, Seokjin, who finally have an underclassman that isn't as messy as the rest. He would often see Jeongyeon cleaning the Common room and would scold other Gryffindors to clean up after themselves. This made the prefect tear a little as he is proud that finally someone cleans other than him. 

 

Although, Jeongyeon have been able to gain the respect of Seokjin, her reputation as a trouble maker and joker still makes the prefect make sure that this first year isn't going to get in trouble on his watch. Jeongyeon loves the atmosphere of the Gryffindor Common Room. It is warm, inviting, and it really  gives you this feeling of competition and solidarity at the same time. It really does make you feel that you are a lion and that you are a part of the pride. Picking up her suitcase which she casted a spell on to make it as light as a feather, Jeongyeon looked at her dorm for the last time in this school year. As she walks out of the portrait of the Fat Lady, Jeongyeon said goodbye to the painting.

 

"Goodbye! I will sure miss your singing and passwords." Jeongyeon waved at the painting as she gives her a goodbye. 

 

"Oh, you child, you are making me blush with your sweetness." The Fat Lady exclaimed. "You have a safe trip home, Jeongyeon. I will see you next year." The Fat Lady said her farewells before Jeongyeon makes her way down the stairs.

 

"Jeongyeon! Over here!" Momo called as she waved her hand. Jeongyeon looked at the pair who are standing near the closed doors of the Great Hall.

 

"JEONGIE!!" Sana runs towards Jeongyeon as she threw herself to her for a tight hug. At this point, Jeongyeon is already used to Sana always doing hugs and things like that.

 

"Woah Sana calm down. I can't breathe." Jeongyeon said as Sana lets go.

 

"Wah! I'm going to miss the two of you!" Sana then put her hands around of Momo and Jeongyeon.

 

"I told you already, Sana. I will visit you whenever my parents are away." Momo said.

 

"Hey, what about me?"  Jeongyeon asked when she found out about Momo and Sana's summerplans.

 

"You can visit too, Jeong." Sana happily said.

 

The three friends walked their way towards the Hogsmede Village where the Hogwart's express is currently waiting. They boarded the train and found an empty cabin to settle at. Momo has Peach perked up on the table as soon as Jeongyeon closed the door. A sense of nostalgia hit the three girls as they remembered the first time they met. After a while the train started moving on their way back to London. It is during this time, the trio talked about their memorable first year experiences and what they are looking forward next year.

 

"You know that I will never forget Sana bringing Nayeon-unnie to our cabin. I really got spooked at her." Momo said as they laughed at the memory. 

 

"Speaking of Nayeon-unnie, are you too okay now?" Momo asked the Gryffindor beside her who suddenly got quiet as they mentioned Nayeon's name.

 

"Let's not talk about her. Its really ruining the mood." Jeongyeon attempts to shift the topic. Unfortunately for her, the two won't budge.

 

"No! We want to know! I mean after your birthday we kinda didn't talk about it." Sana said. Momo nodded in agreement.

 

"I have to go the bathroom." Jeongyeon immediately bolted out of the cabin.

 

"JEONGYEON! You're so unfair!" Sana screamed. Momo is confused on the other hand to why Jeongyeon suddenly bolted out.

 

"Maybe she really needs to go." Momo said.

 

"No, she's just avoiding the discussion." Sana pouted but changed her expression after she thought of another topic. "By the way, I really enjoyed Professor Park's Muggle Music." she added.

 

"YEAH! Me too! Like I didn't know Muggles do music." Momo exclaimed. "He got me rolling on the floor when he tried to play the piano thing with his foot!" Momo added. Sana laughed with Momo since they were both there when it happened.

 

"Those muggle haters really are missing a lot." Momo said.

 

"Riiight! I'm definitely taking Professor Park's subject as an elective next year." Sana said.

 

"Oh same!" Momo said and the pair high fived each other.

 

The two continued their story sharing while Jeongyeon, instead of going to the bathroom is currently looking for Nayeon. She then eventually found her staring at the window viewing the outside scenery of the green pastures and rolling hills. Inside the cabin with her are three sleeping people from what can Jeongyeon see, it is Jimin and Taehyung and another girl who Jeongyeon doesn't know the name of. She then tapped her finger on the glass of the cabin door to get the older girl's attention. Nayeon looked at Jeongyeon and stood up to open the door.

 

"Hey." Jeongyeon awkwardly greeted.

 

"What?" Nayeon said in a blank voice.

 

"I actually wanted to give this to you for Christmas but I was kinda still not okay with you..." Jeongyeon said, obviously trying to swallow her own ego. Nayeon raised an eyebrow.

 

"If its going to be another stink bomb then no thanks." Nayeon said coldly and was about to go back inside the cabin but Jeongyeon held her hand to stop her from going away.

 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to touch your hand." Jeongyeon apologized. Nayeon wanted to be colder to her but seeing Jeongyeon act like a lost puppy makes her just want to hug her and tell her its fine, that they can still be friends.

 

"No its..okay. You know what follow me." Nayeon said and this time she's the one holding Jeongyeon's hand as they walked through the hallways and into the baggage car of the train.

 

"Uhh...what are we doing here?" Jeongyeon asked with genuine confusion to why the older girl took her to the baggage car of the train.

 

"So we can talk properly." Nayeon said as she sat down on one of the suitcases. She gestures Jeongyeon to sit as well. "Now we can talk." She said.

 

"Okay let me explain why I was avoiding you since that dreadful detention." Jeongyeon started while Nayeon looks at her intently. Jeongyeon swallowed the invisible lump on before she starts.

 

"Well, I guess when that time when I helped you against those bullies and you didn't thank me really made me think that I'm not really that important to you. I mean even though I tease and prank you a lot, for some reason, you are important to me. I just don't know how to show that." Jeongyeon said. Nayeon was shocked at what she said. "I honestly got mad. It wasn't my typical type of 'I'm mad at you'. It was more of the 'hurt-mad' kind of mad. You get me or am I just speaking gibberish here?" Jeongyeon continued as Nayeon isn't responding.

 

"Like you know...I disarmed you that time so that you cannot cast a spell on Choi and gang. If I didn't disarm you, you'll be in detention again and knowing your family really doesn't like you getting detention after you were sent three howlers in a week because of me. It honestly made me guilty. Then even when I though I've disarmed you, you still casted the a spell against them and you also admitted that you did in fact did stick Choi's tongue against the roof of his mouth." Jeongyeon continued her explanation. Nayeon at this point, her tears are silently falling from her eyes.

 

"I guess I thought during those times, if I keep involving myself with you then you will get more detentions because of me so I avoided you." Jeongyeon stopped when she heard Nayeon stifle a cry.

 

"Hey, woah, why are are you crying?" Jeongyeon slightly panicked when she saw Nayeon is crying. "I'm sorry if I said anything bad." Jeongyeon apologized.

 

"Nayeon, please stop crying." Jeongyeon softly said to the crying girl in front of her. She then sat beside Nayeon. The older girl immediately clung to her.

 

"Please stop crying. You're scaring me." Jeongyeon pleads to her. "Here you can use my shirt to wipe your tears." She offers the girl.

 

"I...I was so selfish." Nayeon said as she starts to calm down. Jeongyeon is wiping Nayeon's tears away with her shirt.

 

"You're not. You just didn't know. Also that's an unfair judgement given that you stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter