JEONGYEON

It All Started at Platform 9 3/4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

III: JEONGYEON

 

Jeongyeon's first year at Hogwarts have been so far so good. She's doing well in her classes to much of everyone's surprise, she is smarter than people initially thought she is. Even after classes, she tries to tutor Momo on how to properly cast certain spells and Sana on how to transfigure a goblet into a rat. Academically, Jeongyeon is going through it without any problems, well except for History of Magic. It is not that Jeongyeon despise the subject, it is just it is boring and learning about the Gryffindor and Slytherin's rivalry for the nth time make her want to obliviate herself.

 

With her good performance in academics comes with a price as Jeongyeon's record and reputation with the school's prefects are putting her in the list of the top 10 troublemakers of Hogwarts. When asked by her fellow Gryffindors to stop fooling around with Nayeon, her response is; "I put back the lost house points whenever I recite the correct answer during classes so relax." or somewhere along those lines. Half a year into her first year at Hogwarts, she have already established her reputation as a troublemaker and prankster that even Peeves the Poltergeist is taking a notice of. Troublemakers think a like even though Peeves doesn't think about anyone or anything when causing trouble, Jeongyeon knew how to maneuver her way out of Peeve's pestering, teasing, and pranking. It took her time of course, Peeves isn't your ordinary Hogwarts Ghost. He is the manifestation of mischief.

 

Speaking of mischief, obviously since her sister, Seungyeon is a prefect of House Slytherin, Jeongyeon tries her best not get caught by her own sister or she wouldn't hear the end of it. Jackson and Hoseok, who are prefects of House Hufflepuff are the more lenient ones and Jeongyeon managed to even befriend them after many encounters with either the two. Usually the actual hard part when causing mischief is sneaking away after curfew to meet with Momo and Sana as they plan to raid the kitchen for a midnight snack. Gryffindor's prefect, Seokjin actually stay late by the common area either drinking tea or eating some biscuits as he guards the exit of the Gryffindor Common Room making sure no student go out venturing after curfew.

 

Another interesting thing that even Jeongyeon can't wrap her head around is how she, Momo, and Sana become a trio of troublemakers (Well, only Jeongyeon but still). It is usually Momo's idea to sneak during past curfew into the kitchen for midnight food runs. She just brings along Sana who reluctantly joins but ends up eating as well. Jeongyeon, obviously doesn't miss any chance to do something exciting. They may have been caught more than twice from by either a prefect doing their late night rounds or by Flitch who constantly guard the halls at midnight hoping to catch any student past their bed time.

 

Even professors are baffled to why Momo and Sana are with Jeongyeon in detention as they know that the two Hufflepuff girls are not known to cause trouble. It is either they are with Jeongyeon for friendship sake or was dragged somehow into the mess. Nayeon will usually be on the other side either being the culprit or the victim (its usually the latter). At this point, It is a routine for the four girls that they will see each other in detention or running away from a prefect.

 

"I haven't seen Nabongs since breakfast." Jeongyeon randomly blurted out as they waited for the stairs to rotate.

 

"Did you do something again, Jeong?" Sana asked and gave Jeongyeon a knowing look of exhaustion from their back and fort mess.

 

"I'm really starting to hate Hogwarts having these moving stairs." Momo complained. Jeongyeon held Momo's arm knowing her friend's clumsiness.

 

"Sana, hold on to the railing I can't hold the both of you." Jeongyeon nonchalantly said. Sana hugged the railing as if holding for her dear life.

 

"What are the founders even thinking when they are putting these rotating staircases? Why can't we have normal staircases?" Sana asked rhetorically.

 

"We can't have all good things, Sana." Momo replied as the stairs reposition to their intended floor landing. Everyone got off and still in one piece.

 

"Anyway, wanna watch some quidditch practice today?" Jeongyeon asked. The two nodded and they head off to the quidditch pitch.

 

They were about to enter from the section of the grounds where the Owlery, Stone Circle, Hagrid's Hut, and the dirt road to the Quidditch Pitch are located, the trio heard a commotion happening by the Stone Circle the closer they get. They heard Nayeon's usual loud shouts paired with a boy's voice shouting back. Concern grew on the trio's faces especially Jeongyeon's because she doesn't know whether this is a good sign or not. Jeongyeon have heard Nayeon this angry before except that one time she accidentally dyed her clothes after spilling a potion made of random things she found at home. Both Momo and Sana gave Jeongyeon a worried look.

 

"What did you do?" Sana asked.

 

"Why is Nayeon so angry?" Momo followed.

 

"I didn't do anything." Jeongyeon raised both of her hands in denial. "You know what let's just check it out." Jeongyeon picked up her pace and the two followed behind her and found Nayeon aiming her wand against another Slytherin student. Both Momo and Sana recognize the boy sitting on the floor with a tail growing out of his backside.

 

"Taehyung! Are you okay?" Momo and Sana rushed to their fellow Hufflepuff's side.

 

"Please don't look at me." Taehyung said as he tries to hide the tail that grew out of his back. Jeongyeon was confused at what is happening. There are at least 5 Slytherins including Nayeon and a the Slytherin boy beside her also pointing a wand against the 3 other Slytherin students then there is Momo, Sana, and their Hufflepuff friend. Jeongyeon was about to ask what is going on when the Slytherin boy whose Nayeon's wand aiming against interrupted her.

 

"Oh I see that the little mudblood have his girlfriends to save him." Nayeon's enemy taunted which caused Nayeon stick her wand closer to the boy's neck.

 

"Say that again and you'll be vomiting slugs until this year ends." Nayeon threatened. When Jeongyeon heard the word "mudblood" it physically made her want to gag. It was such a vile word that she despises. 

 

"What is that, Im? Oh so you're trying to jinx me? You don't know who you're talking to, traitor." The boy spat which almost sent Nayeon casting a spell but not before Jeongyeon disarmed her using Expelliarmus.

 

"Epoximise." Jeongyeon casted a spell that glued the bully and his two goons against the stone of the Stone Grotto. Jeongyeon smilled in victory.

 

"YOU GRYFFINDOR TRAITOR! GET ME OFF HERE!" The bully shouted his demands continuously and Jeongyeon just continued to keep taunting the raging Slytherin boy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter