Things may never be the same

Sensible heart x Sensitive mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A woman like Moon Byul-Yi, who had reached the top of her career as a cardio surgeon and was used to saving people's lives didn't know how to deal with a sudden inability to speak, write or count.

Things were even more frustrating because her intelligence remained untouched and she was completely aware of her condition.

The physician was released from the hospital and her two best friends tried to be with her. Nonetheless, Moonbyul rejected Wheein's and Hyejin's help.

It might seem unfair with the two women but nobody had the right to criticize the purple-haired doctor at that moment.

Moonbyul needed support and the chief of the hospital sent 2 nurses to her best friend's house.

Nonetheless, as the women didn't understand what the patient wanted, she also kicked them out.

Hearing the chief talking to Wheein, Yongsun found out about the recent situation. And to her surprise, she couldn't simply ignore as she would usually do regarding any other patient.

The neuro God drove around the city for a couple of hours and ended up parking the car in front of the former colleague's place.

The brunette knocked at the door after some hesitation and her heart shrank because the purple-haired woman welcomed her in tears.

Finding no proper words, the physician slowly pulled her patient towards her chest and held her.

_____ Maybe you hate me right now, Byul-Yi. But I promise I won't rest while you don't get back most of your life quality.____ The neurosurgeon declared.

Moonbyul held her back and they kept in that position for a long time.

Later, the dark-haired woman checked if her patient had eaten and if she was in pain.

The taller one used hand gestures to show she was not physically hurt and that she had fed.

_____ I heard about the nurses. Forgive me but I think you should accept you need help.

Moonbyul nodded affirmatively, showing that she was well aware of the truth.

_____ Would you let me find someone to work on your speech and writing recovery?_____ The 41-year-old woman asked with care.

Glancing at her doctor, the purple-haired one exhaled and then nodded in agreement.

_____ Do you need me to sleep over?_____ Yongsun felt that she had to ask.

With a faint smile, the handsome patient shook her head negatively.

Despite being extremely worried, the neuro God respected the 39-year-old woman and left after rechecking if everything was alright.

____ x ____

_____ You told me you never spend time with your patients once you finish the job. No matter the results.____ The shrink spoke while observing Yongsun.

_____ That's right.

_____ So why have you been following this specific patient up close for almost a year? Why do you spend your free days with her?____ The professional asked straight to the point.

Kim Yongsun considered the question carefully before responding:

_____  Maybe I feel guilty.

_____ Why would you? Did you make any mistakes? 

_____ No. I was very careful every step of the way...

_____ So...?

_____ She is suffering. Her mind is like a box of treasures. That is one of the most brilliant physicians in the cardio field. Can you imagine a genius losing the basic skills of communication?

______ I believe it must be devastating. But again, not your fault. Life is hard.

_____ I don't know why...but I can't simply move on. She represented the joy of so many people. And the most amaz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter