The start

Sensible heart x Sensitive mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Yongsun had reached her forties that year and she got divorced for the second time.

The neuro God had no time for a romantic drama or to be emotionally available.

Despite her parents constantly complain she never gave them a grandson, the woman ignored those words without wasting a second.

Yongsun didn't feel inclined to the old-fashioned life of a woman.

Her career had finally become the priority in her life and the rest didn't really matter.

The physician was completely worn out after spending 14 hours in surgery and all she wanted was to go home, having a long bath, and sleeping a whole day.

Opposite to that, she received the chief of the hospital and the Head of peds at her office.

Hyejin entered the room like a hurricane and didn't waste time.

_____ Tell me, Yongsun. Did it work? Please tell me it worked.

Sighing with annoyance, the physician rubbed her face and responded:

_____ I expected that you two behaved like colleagues from the same area instead of acting like unreasonable relatives. It's too soon to know anything. And I am exhausted right now to even think.

_____ I'm sorry but put yourself in our shoes. At least tell us if you removed the tumor.____ Wheein almost begged.

_____ I did.  I'm suspect there is still something there though. It was too risky for her that I kept going.

_____ But...Isn't it too risky to do another procedure?____ Hyejin was getting more desperate.

_____ We all knew her condition is very challenging. And tumors cannot be fully understood through tests. Most of the time, we gotta cut the patient to try to see their true nature. And I am telling you that I have no answers right now. I need to rest.

_____ HOW CAN YOU THINK ABOUT YOURSELF RIGHT NOW? ____ Wheein jumped in the brunette's direction and her lover had to hold her.

_____ Calm down, Wheein-ah. This is not the way...____ The chief of the hospital said.

Yongsun her dry lips and commented with frustration:

_____ I don't like anything about this situation either. I am not used to failure. However, my body and mind are about to collapse. I need to rest to be able to think about other possibilities. Meanwhile, my team is keeping an eye on her.

Wheein shook her head and murmured:

_____ I'm sorry. I know I am not being reasonable. It's just...if any of us had our heart in this woman's hand, she would do the unimaginable to save us. Or anyone else. A complete stranger, a homeless person, a child, or an elderly...

Sick of all that drama, the brunette snorted and left the other two women speaking to the wall.

Yongsun was in no condition to deal with the patient's friends, who happened to be Moonbyul's symbolic family besides being her workmates.

The neuro God took a cab and went to her place and slept for the next 12 hours.

____ x ____

The Head of neuro was standing beside the bed of the patient while the chief of the hospital and the Head of peds waited with anxiety and worry next to their best friend's feet.

Moonbyul's eyelashes trembled and Yongsun asked in a soft tone:

_____ Byul-Yi, can you hear me?

The head of cardio opened her eyes and observed the three women with a question mark on her facial expression.

_____ Byul-Yi unnie..._____ Wheein was about to speak but was cut by the physician.

_____ I told you two that you had to keep quiet while I examine the patient. Anything may affect the results.____ Kim Yongsun glared at the younger one.

_____ I'm sorry._____ Hyejin and Wheein murmured at the same time.

Taking a deep breath, the gorgeous woman tried to communicate with her patient again:

_____ Do you know who I am?

The skinny one nodded very slowly and Yongsun insisted:

_____ Can you use words to answer?

An extremely weak voice echoed in the room:

_____ You are the arrogant  in the neuro department...

The hospital chief and her partner cracked up and even the powerful Kim Yongsun smiled.

_____ How about you? Who are you?_____ She maintained her professional posture though.

Coughing, the purple-haired female murmured:

_____ I'm the star of this hospital. I mean...can you blame them? I'm hot.

_____ I guess everything is normal. Apart from her undercut on the left side and that a part of her skull was open for hours, nothing changed._____ Wheein laughed and sighed with relief.

Still glancing at the visitors with rage, the neurosurgeon spoke to her patient:

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter