The big shot

Sensible heart x Sensitive mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Yongsun had become the most respected neurosurgeon in Korea at the age of 33. Now, seven years later, the woman was disputed by hospitals in the whole world.

The neuro God, as people called her behind her back, worked for the last 2 years in London. However, her second divorce in a short time made the career-oriented woman look for new challenges.

Ahn Hyejin offered the 40-year-old multiple awards winner the opportunity to run her own department in the most innovative hospital of South Korea and a paycheck three times higher than the hospitals in the USA had tried to negotiate.

Although Kim Yongsun had never been attached to the family, she thought it would be a good chance to improve her bond with her sister and parents. Just a bit.

The Kims were a rich clan and love and affection had never been a card on the table. So neither the parents nor the daughters missed family gatherings.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim were mildly proud of their children's professional achievements. Not so proud of their personal life choices though.

When their youngest daughter revealed she was a lesbian, the couple pretended they hadn't heard anything. Nevertheless, it was impossible to ignore her 2 legal marriages in less than 5 years. And the divorces.

Yongsun never cared about anyone's opinion related to her love life though. And the physician simply carried on with her routine.

The long-black-haired stunning woman got back to her country with renewed energy and motivation to dedicate even more time to her work and she didn't even care about buying or renting a place. Instead, the neurosurgeon just left her luggage at a hotel and the following day, a Tuesday, she went to the hospital.

As the physician arrived at the huge and sophisticated building, many heads turned to glance at her because Kim Yongsun was practically a celebrity in the medical community.

The woman had her face on the cover of the most important magazines related to medicine. Besides that, she had been interviewed by the most famous tv hosts in the USA and Europe.

Acting as if she didn't realize all that attention, Yongsun asked the receptionist where she could find the director and the male informed her that the chief's office was on the third floor. 

The brunette thanked and walked towards the elevator but she got blocked by a 10-year-old boy who came running and bumped into her by accident.

_____ Hey boy! This is not a playground. Where are your parents?_____  The physician asked in a rough way.

The child froze and couldn't say anything, which annoyed the woman even more.

In that moment, Yongsun heard a deep voice responding:

_____ We're sorry about any inconvenience. Luka's father is not here right now but I take full responsibility for the situation. 

_____ And who are you?____ The black-haired woman raised her eyebrow with an arrogant tone.

Moonbyul touched the boy's shoulders to calm him down and glared at the physician before answering:

_____ Moon Byul-Yi, head of cardio.

The neurosurgeon studied the taller one very carefully.

Even though the other woman tried not to show any reaction, Moonbyul noticed the brunette recognized her name.

_____ Shouldn't the head of cardio be taking care of patients instead of playing around and disturbing the corridors of the hospital?_____ Yongsun didn't try to hide her displeasure.

_____ The head of cardio does whatever she feels is best for her patients. Thank you for your concern.

The two women glared at one another with anger and kept silent for a while until the brunette turned around and headed to the elevator.

Wheein arrived and poke her best friend while joking:

_____ Who is that stunning

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter