Stubborn

Sensible heart x Sensitive mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul hired a male nurse that was specialized in cases like hers.

The woman explained she needed him more as an assistant than someone to take care of her.

She asked if he was interested in moving to her house, saving up with rent, and still earning a generous amount of money.

The guy hesitated at first because Moonbyul was quite young and people could have the wrong impression. 

He was genuinely worried about her reputation and expressed his thoughts.

Laughing in her typical charismatic way, the short-haired woman opened up:

_____ I appreciate your concern but it's pointless. You see...I'm a lesbian, nobody wants to marry me and I never cared about other people's opinions about me. I have only one concern, Jin.

_____ Which is?

_____ Falling down the stairs after a seizure and dying alone. Or the same situation but being found dead in the shower. I need your presence to make sure I'll die with a minimum of dignity.

The famous doctor spoke in a resigned way and the nurse politely asked:

_____ So...does this mean you got a final result?

_____ Not exactly. If you accept my offer, you will have access to my files. But I can tell you my health is fragile nowadays. I still force myself to do basic things like taking care of my hygiene. The thing is...My left sight is highly affected. So is my memory. I have bad days to control my left leg too.

_____ How about the cancer condition, if you don't mind me asking.

_____ I need a new doctor to keep a constant eye on my case. As you know, this disease can go back after some time or never. It's a box of chocolate in which you either find your favorite or some ty ones.

The male sighed and questioned with some embarrassment:

_____ How about family? Is there anyone I should call in case of an emergency?

______ There are 2 friends who are like sisters to me. But you should only call if I die. They have enough problems.

______ I hope you don't get offended about my last question....

_____ You're a decent boy, aren't you? Cut the formalities and ask._____ Moonbyul laughed again.

______ If you're not working, how can you afford such an expensive treatment and still pay me?

_____ Good point. Well, I used to be a "star". Hehehehe. So my income was pretty high for years. I had someone to administrate my money and that is still in the bank. Having my professional reputation earned me lots of advantages. My employer took care of a great amount of my medical expenses. That being said, I'll pay for a whole year of your service if you accept the offer. As we don't know what the future holds, you might agree that this is fair.

______ To be honest, more than fair. You are too generous, ma'am.

_____ What is your decision, Jin?

_____ I accept it.

_____ Great! Now...Never call me ma'am again._____ Moonbyul used a funny tone of voice.

_____ x _____

_____ He is a pretty guy. How old is he?_____ Wheein asked while the male nurse was helping the maid to empty the dinner table.

_____ He is, isn't it? I think he is 30._____ Moonbyul smiled.

______ We are dwarves beside him.

______ Well....._____ The former head of cardio smirked.

______ Don't start, unnie...._____ Wheein whined but laughed.

Hyejin had been listening to the duo in silence and couldn't hold her tongue anymore:

_____ Would you 2 stop acting like s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter