Perspective

Sensible heart x Sensitive mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The only reason why Hyejin agreed in letting Moonbyul do the rounds was that Yongsun promised to keep a close eye on her.

It was a hard task for the head of the Neuro department though. After all, she was new at the hospital and she should be spending time with her own team to know them and their patients.

When the 2 physicians got inside a female's room, a patient who had been scheduled to have a heart transplant by the end of the month, the woman opened a huge grin to welcome Moonbyul.

_____ Look who's finally here! My celebrity doc. I know you are very popular but why haven't I seen you in ages? Don't you love me anymore, Byul-yi?

The purple-haired doctor sat beside the 54-year-old lady in bed and hugged her.

_____ Of course I love you, aunt Eunae. I'm sorry for my absence. But I left you in excellent hands, haven't I?

_____ Well...Yes, the boy is not bad but he is not you. And who is this one? Is she new? Your assistant?

A bit embarrassed, Moonbyul responded:

_____ This is Doctor Kim, a fellow colleague.

_____ Is she going to help you during my surgery?

The head of cardio inhaled and exhaled to gather the courage to speak:

_____ Aunt, Eunae.... Unfortunately, I won't be able to take care of your case. 

_____ What? Are you crazy, girl? I came from a long distance to be in your hands. I have been waiting!

_____ I know....but life is unpredictable. Listen, aunt Eunae... I am breaking protocol by coming here to inform you of this directly. Usually, the chief would speak to the patient. However...

_____ So that's it? After all, we've been through together?

_____ Aunt Eunae...I am sick. Not the mild sick. This is the reason why I can't do the surgery._____ The purple-haired woman explained.

The patient put her hand on the mouth to hide her shock. Then, she said after a while:

_____ I can wait for a little more until you get better...

Moonbyul smiled and tried to reason with the older lady while using the sense of humor:

_____ My dear Eunae...People tend to panic when the topic is their health. And then, they act a bit foolishly. I know because that's what I have been doing. But thanks to that unattractive lady with no sense of fashion over there, I decided to wise up. She is a great doctor. Even better than me. My only choice was to accept her advice. You should listen to me too since I know more about your condition. Don't postpone the transplant. My second in command is extremely capable.

The woman was crying but she glanced at Yongsun and the neurosurgeon gave her an encouraging smile.

_____ Alright. But you have to promise me something, Byul-Yi. You are not going to fail me and go before I do. Let's follow the natural pattern of life. I'm older. So I should cross the line before you do.

Moonbyul couldn't control her laughter. Nonetheless, she said she was going to do her best and hugged the patient one more time.

When they left the room, Yongsun mumbled:

_____ No sense of fashion????

_____ Did THIS bother you? Hahahahaha. I am sorry.

_____ Whatever... I shouldn't care about what the female Peter Pan thinks. _____ The older woman raised her eyebrow.

Moonbyul gl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter