A strong bond

Sensible heart x Sensitive mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul hadn't spoken a word since she was 8 years old when her parents passed away due to a plane crash.

Her aunt Bada became the girl's only family and started raising her as if she was her own daughter.

The woman tried to encourage the little girl to socialize with other kids or anyone in general but Moonbyul continued silent and listless.

Things finally changed 2 years later in a day the aunt took the girl with her to make a visit to Mr. Ahn's hospital.

Moonbyul saw the owner of the hospital dressed as a clown, dancing in the corridor and cheering patients up.

Aunt Bada laughed and greeted the man and they started talking like old friends and the 10-year-old looked up with a sparkle in her eyes.

The older woman pointed at the child and said:

_____ Ahn, this is my niece Byul-Yi. Well, actually she is my daughter now. Darling, this is my friend from childhood,  Ahn Chan-yeop.

Moonbyul hid behind her aunt's legs, which made the man get on his knees and hand a piece of chocolate to her.

_____ Hi, Byul-Yi. Here, something to make the sadness go away.

_____ Why is there a clown at the hospital?____ The 10-year-old questioned while timidly grabbing the candy.

_____ Because as a doctor, I can only help cure people's bodies. But as a clown, I help their spirits.____ Mr. Ahn smiled and caressed the child's hair.

Aunt Bada was already shocked for listening to the girl's voice after 2 years. But she got even more when Moonbyul asked:

_____ Can I call you uncle?

_____ Sure, sweetie.

_____ Uncle Chan-yeop, if I become a doctor...can I save other people's parents and children?_____ The child was very serious.

Mr. Ahn exchanged a look with his old friend Bada and then he said, full of tenderness:

_____ Doctors are only humans, my darling. We spend our lives trying to save people. But in the end, there is no guarantee that we will succeed very often. At least we may help as many families as possible.

The 10-year-old thought about what she heard and then, turned to her aunt:

_____ Auntie, Can I become a doctor? I mean...can we afford that?

The older woman smiled and held her niece with tenderness and declared:

_____ Of course you can, baby. Yes, we are in a comfortable situation.

_____ Oh! This makes me really happy, Ms. Byul-yi. I hope that you come to work at my hospital in the future.____ Mr. Ahn clapped his hands with enthusiasm.

Moonbyul smiled and responded:

_____ I would like that, uncle Chan-yeop. You are my inspiration.

Mr. Ahn got emotional and his voice cracked while asking:

____ Would you like to know my youngest daughter, Byul-Yi? She is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter