The Real Winner

My Trainer Is A Hottie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the very next day since Taeyeon slept over Jessica's house. She went to her workplace, all excited to tell her friends over what had happened. Upon seeing Tiffany and Sunny at work, she came to tell them the news.

"Guys! Guess what happened last night?" Taeyeon was all giddy and smiley.

"What is it?" Sunny groggily asked, yawning afterwards.

"It's too early to be this excited," Tiffany giggled.

"I slept with Jessica last night!" Taeyeon said aloud.

"Wait... THE Jessica?!" Tiffany questioned.

"Yes!" Taeyeon nodded.

"How did you... but you don't have experience?" Sunny was skeptical of her friend's announcement.

"Experience?" Taeyeon asked, "we sleep everyday ever since we were born... what kind of experience do you need to sleep with somebody?"

"Ah..." Sunny sighed, "... innocent as always. But I'm wondering how you two ended up sleeping in the same bed?"

"Let's just say I'm not the Taeyeon you once knew," the girl, who used to be called 'paper human', told her friend.

"I'm glad someone's maturing... how about hitting that growth spurt next time?" Sunny joked.

"Look who's talking," Taeyeon sneered.

Nothing can stop Taeyeon from being happy for the entire day. All she could do was think about Jessica's soft face when she woke up in the morning to realize everything that had happened last night was not a dream. Indeed, the y, beautiful, gym princess was sleeping right next to her. The paper human before managed to bag a beauty like Jessica Jung.

 

Back at The Lion's Den, Juhyun noticed the specific smile her co-worker had on her face. Indeed, Jessica seemed bright this morning compared to how she usually was. Curious, she followed the woman into her own office to see what positive thing happened in her life for her to be shining brightly.

"I haven't seen that face in a while," Juhyun eyed on her friend as she closed the door behind her to interrogate the woman more, "what happened yesterday, Jessica?"

"Oh... you know when you were teasing me about Taeyeon?"

"Ah..." Juhyun nodded her head with a smirk on her face, "... so this is about that special client of yours, eh?"

"Well guess what, Juhyun... I think I like her," all of a sudden, Jessica's face turned red, "it's even embarassing for me to say it out loud."

Juhyun chuckled, "you know, I think it just took some time for you to realize the growing feelings you had for her."

"We slept together last night."

"You what?!" Juhyun marched over to Jessica's desk and slammed her hand on top of the table, "you did the y?!"

"No!" Jessica denied loudly, "you of all people know I'm not that fast when it comes to those things."

"But..." Juhyun raised her eyebrow with a teasing grin, "... you wanted to."

"Get out."

Yuri, who was just coming into the gym herself, noticed the commotion going on from inside Jessica's office. She decided not to pry on their business and proceeded to her own office. But, all of a sudden, Juhyun stepped out of Jessica's office and proceeded to hers instead, closing the door behind them.

"What's up?" Yuri questioned why Juhyun seemed excited for some reason.

"It seems like Jessica found herself a new boo," Juhyun giggled.

"And you're telling me this because..." Yuri asked. Out of all things, she would rather not know what was going on in Jessica's love life.

"Oh..." Juhyun realized it was not best to tell Yuri anything about Jessica and vice versa because of the two's past, "... anyway, you do know you're getting challenged by her client, Taeyeon, right?"

"How is this the first time I'm hearing it?" Yuri chuckled as she placed her gym bag aside, "challenging me with what exactly?"

"Fitness test," Juhyun told her, "I'm surprised that Jessica has not mentioned this to you yet."

"I don't think we're in that level yet, as much as we do try to talk to each other," Yuri giggled, with a hint of disappointment.

"I see... we should probably do another outing though," Juhyun suggested. It's been a while since the three of them went out. The last time was when Jessica was being harassed at a club and Yuri had to save her.

"We could do an outing during the day if anything... maybe kayaking or some outdoor activity could be an option," Yuri suggested, still remembering what happened the last time the three of them hung out, "anyway, when is this supposed challenge happening?"

"I'm not sure..." Juhyun pondered, "... but Taeyeon has been preparing."

"That stick?" Yuri laughed, "I do have to give it to her though, she has improved a lot... but why the challenge?"

"I don't know," Juhyun raised her hands together with her elbows, "beats me."

"I hope she knows she's not going to win," Yuri chuckled.

"I think we all know that," Juhyun chuckled, "but I commend her for even wanting to challenge you. Goodluck, I guess. Although you won't need it."

"Thanks," Yuri chuckled, "I guess a little warm up before the competition doesn't hurt."

Juhyun left Yuri's office shortly afterwards. Just then, Yuri decided to go into the computer to look at her schedule and plan some of the workouts for each of her clients. After all, each clients are different. Some want to lose weight, some want to gain weight, some have injuries, and some just have body problems in general. The life of a physical trainer wasn't as easy as some people think it is. Physical trainers have to come up with different exercises for each of their clients. They are liable for any injuries that may happen if they do not plan things carefully. They also have to put up a face, even if they're having a bad day. It's all about customer service.

Yuri noticed that Tiffany was on her schedule for the day. She started coming up with exercises that she could plan for her until all of a sudden, she remembered how Tiffany is friends with Taeyeon.

"Maybe I could ask her more about Taeyeon..." she thought to herself, "... it may be too intrusive and out of the blue though..."

All of a sudden, her office door opened to an image of Jessica. She was surprised to see the woman step in her office.

"Um... can I help you?" Yuri asked.

Jessica was a bit hesitant but decided to speak up, "I think I forgot to tell you personally that Taeyeon wanted to challenge you to some kind of fitness test. I hope you wouldn't mind and could insert that on your schedule."

"Ah... Taeyeon," Yuri thought to herself. She shook away her thoughts and focused back on Jessica, "tell me when and what time. I'll free up my schedule. Should be fun."

"Please go easy on her," Jessica asked.

Yuri chuckled at the request, "go easy on her? Why? She wanted a test."

"We all know you're going to win anyway," Jessica sighed and leaned against the door with crossed arms.

"I'm not going to try, don't worry," Yuri laughed, "I don't have to anyway."

"Cocky as always," Jessica scoffed.

"Aigoo... I'm glad you know," Yuri told the woman sarcastically, "why would you let her challenge me anyway?"

"It's what she wanted," Jessica replied.

"So we just give our clients special favors... like letting them challenge a trainer?" Yuri laughed.

"Why do you seem so pissed off?!" Jessica raised en eyebrow, "if you don't want to do it, it's fine. Jeez..."

Yuri stopped to check on herself. "Why am I irritated?" she asked herself inside her head, "Am I this pissed off at the fact that Jessica ended up with a twerp like Taeyeon? Or am I just being egotistical at the fact that a person like Taeyeon was able to woo her? Maybe I'm still being overprotective."

"I'm sorry," Yuri told Jessica, "I'm going to do it, just this time. No more afterwards."

"Thanks," Jessica smiled a little, "it's today, by the way."

"Today?!" Yuri was surprised and replied sarcastically, "thanks for the heads up."

"You don't need a warning," Jessica scoffed, "anyway, I'll leave you be."

Before Jessica could close the door behind her, Yuri yelled for Jessica. The woman turned around before closing the door, wondering why Yuri was calling for her.

"Um... how are you doing these days?" Yuri asked.

"I'm..." Jessica pursed her lips as her eyes wandered up the ceiling before looking back at Yuri, "... I've been good."

"I see..." Yuri smiled.

"Is... that all you wanted to ask?" Jessica wondered.

"Yup," Yuri gave a slight nod, "just trying to check on my friend... you know?"

"Right..." Jessica nodded slowly, "... anyway, I gotta check my schedule and do some warm up. I'll see you later."

"Yup..." Yuri said as she watched the woman close the door behind her, "... see you."

Upon hearing the news that Taeyeon and Jessica have been getting close, there's a little hint of jealousy within Yuri that the girl couldn't admit. Jessica was once her girlfriend and she regretted what happened between them. The two of them broke up, but that didn't change the fact that Yuri really cared a lot for Jessica. Yuri knew she should just be happy that Jessica is finally moving on with her heart but the selfish part of her wished that Jessica would eventually get back with her.

"I'm being too selfish..." Yuri told herself, "... I should just move on from here and admit there's nothing that could change the past. I hurt her and we're just both toxic for each other..."

Yuri looked over the office phone and decided to dial in Juhyun's office number. A few seconds later, her friend picked up.

"I'm literally across the hall," Juhyun told the girl while looking at the phone ID to where the call was coming from.

"I understand that... but do you have plans tonight?" Yuri asked.

"No, why?"

"Let's go drink."

"You drinking never end up well."

"Please..." Yuri pleaded, "... I really need it."

Juhyun sighed over the phone. She could only assume why Yuri would be asking her to go drinking.

"Fine... but control yourself, please."

"No promises."

 

Later that afternoon, Tiffany showed up at the gym to get ready to see her favorite and only physical trainer. Her gym days are always the highlight of her week because she got to spend some time with the woman she adored. Who wouldn't want to see their crush?

"Good afternoon!" Tiffany flashed Yuri with a bright eye smile as she walked to the lobby towards her trainer.

"Seems like you got some energy today," Yuri smiled back, "did you not have work today?"

Tiffany shook her head, "I did, but I'm always ready for a good work out."

"That's a good spirit!" Yuri cheered, "now c'mon, let's do our usual warm up."

Yuri led Tiffany to the treadmill machines and chose an empty treadmill for her to warm up on. She waited for Tiffany to step up into the machine and started putting the treadmill to the appropriate setting. Tiffany started keeping up with the speed of the treadmill, never stumbling. She learned to start breathing through her nostrils instead of doing it through to control her breathing, which was what she learned through Yuri.

There were many advantages to nose breathing instead of mouth breathing when it comes to exercising, Tiffany learned. Some of the advantages are the increased airflow to the veins, increased oxygen circulation, and improved lung capacity, all of which are necessary to help aid one's work outs.

"Good," Yuri nodded, "you've been remembering to breathe through your nose."

"Well..." Tiffany tried to reply in between her breaths, "... I have a great teacher that taught me that."

Yuri chuckled at the compliment.

After a few minutes of Tiffany jogging on the treadmill, Yuri led the girl to the lat pull down machine. She decided to focus this time on Tiffany's back muscles as it is one of the most essential muscles in the body. The entire muscle group making up the back is one of the muscle groups that people tend to forget about when it comes to going to the gym. Most people think about the arms when going to the gym and some people just think about doing cardio the whole time to lose weight. However, improving the back muscles, together with core muscles, help stabilize the spine, improving posture and support.

"Where do you work at?" Yuri asked as Tiffany seated herself on the machine.

"At an office," Tiffany replied as she looked up at Yuri.

"Have you been improving your posture?"

"Yes," Tiffany reluctantly answered.

Yuri could tell Tiffany was lying but did not think about it much. Being an office worker does not require much physically as most people just sit on their office chairs and do their work while sitting. Yuri knew it was quite unavoidable to want to slouch in order to relieve some tension.

"Alright, we'll be starting with lat pull downs," Yuri told her client as she set the weight on the machine, "do 10 reps and 5 sets."

"Seems easy enough," Tiffany nodded.

"Don't say that just yet," Yuri chuckled, "let's see how you do on the third set."

"Okay!" Tiffany cheerfully replied as Yuri lowered down the bar for her.

Yuri watched as Tiffany performed her lat pull downs. She corrected the girl's form every once in a while when Tiffany would use her shoulders instead of her lats to pull down the bar or when her elbow was trajecting out instead of keeping it close to her body. These were some of the common mistakes that people tend to do when they are using the lat machine and seasoned physical trainers like Yuri could tell when this happens.

"Slow and steady," Yuri reminded Tiffany, "let me know when it's getting too hard for you so I could lower the weight."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter