Human Paper

My Trainer Is A Hottie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Taeyeon, an office worker by day, a gamer by night. Her days were usually spent following her boss around and completing tasks appointed to her. Her busy work life made her resent seeing sunlight as she would prefer to coop herself inside her dark room that was usually lit by her computer monitor or her gaming TV. Games were her stress relief and her only source of friends. After all, Taeyeon was a huge introvert.

In the office, her colleagues would make fun of her whenever she stumbled around, carrying heavy loads of paperwork that the boss tasked her to read through and send in. Everyday was a constant battle for her as she continued to get laughed at with all the clumsy things she's done from tripping over nothing to dropping everything she was handling. There was one time when she broke her office monitor after dropping a huge stack of folders filled with paperwork as she tripped onto her office chair.

"Man, the human paper seriously is clumsy," she heard one of her co-workers utter as they all laughed at her.

Taeyeon was filled with embarassment and resentment, asking herself why this always happened to her. "I'm a nice person, but why am I getting punished?" she would always tell herself, but it didn't overcome the pitting feeling she had deep within her chest.

"Hey."

Taeyeon stopped from picking up the papers she had just dropped, like always, and stared at the pair of feet close to her, trailing her eyes up to discover who the person was. That person crouched down and started helping her out to speed up the process.

"T-Thanks..." Taeyeon bowed a little to the person and continued to pick up the paperwork together.

"Hey, I noticed that this is getting out of hand," the person murmured under her breath to prevent being overheard by their colleagues, "I think it's wrong of them to keep making fun of you this way instead of helping you out."

"Thank you, Sunny."

As they finished collecting the paperwork that was on the ground, they both stood up together in unison. Sunny handed out the paperwork on top of Taeyeon's pile and brushed her hand off.

"Can you handle carrying those to your desk or did you need help?" Sunny offered.

"I should be good now. Thank you for helping me out," Taeyeon flashed a smile at her, "it really means a lot to me."

Before Taeyeon could walk back to her desk, Sunny decided to stop her and suggest her something.

"You know Taeyeon, maybe you should go to the gym and build your strength, you know? This is not meant to criticize you. I just want to help you out."

"I'll consider."

 

Taeyeon was playing PUBG, her usual ritual especially when she's frustrated, which was usually every single day after work. She would imagine her co-workers as the players in the game that she's trying to hunt and kill off. Taeyeon may be a weakling from the outside but she sure is strong when it comes to battle royale games. It earned her lots of friends and admirers online.

" you! And you too!" she exclaimed as she gunned down the players on her game. Her hands had a tight grip on her phone.

After three hours of playing, Taeyeon decided to take a break by cooling herself off with a shower. She's usually pretty quick about it and would immediately lay down her bed. She would look through her groupchat with her online buddies and talk to them through the night. Suddenly, she remembered what Sunny recommended to her at work and decided to talk about it with her friends.

"Hey guys, should I actually go to the gym?" she asked on her groupchat.

"Gym? What is gym?" one of her friends replied, adding a laughing emoji next to their message.

"Why the sudden idea, friend?" another replied.

"I think it would benefit me in the end so I can be stronger and for those co-workers of mine to stop laughing at me," Taeyeon pouted.

" them. Who cares if they laugh at you? At least you're winning at PUBG! You know how many people you can attract by being one of the top players? They have no idea!"

"Right! And I bet if you reveal yourself to the world, they'd be jealous of you!"

"I would prefer not," Taeyeon sighed, "I like to keep myself inside a shell."

"We should do a meet up and take you out sometime! We can all play PUBG together. PUBG DATE!" one of her friends suggested.

"That's a great idea! Although, we haven't seen each other in real life. It'll probably be awkward."

"Anyway, Tae, do what's best for you but please don't end up being one of those gymrats. Freaking juiceheads."

"I won't. I promise," Taeyeon laughed, "I don't see myself even being one. I just want to be a bit stronger so I can carry on with daily tasks. My nickname is 'human paper' at work and it's already given me a bad reputation."

"All the best of luck to you!" her friend cheered on.

Taeyeon decided to look up for reputable gyms around her area. She was quite nervous on her decision to even become a member of a gym. Never in her life did she think she would even need to step into that kind of establishment. Her mind started wandering, dreaming about herself having a toned and fit body that everyone adored. Everybody at her workplace would love her and bow to her. Everybody would adore her. "Taeyeon the Great" she snickered at the thought. She knocked her head with her hand after and went back to searching for gyms.

"Let's see... 3 stars? Not that one..." she murmured as she kept scrolling, "hm... 5 stars? It's pretty close to home. Maybe I should go check this one out."

Taeyeon bookmarked the gym she decided to go to and prepared herself for sleep.

"I'll do it tomorrow," she told herself as she yawned.

 

After work, Taeyeon changed into her gym clothes... which wasn't really the usual hip gym clothes anyone would wear. She had on a plain yellow shirt and a baggy shorts. Her socks were mid-calf high and she was wearing Converse. She took the bus and walked a little to reach the the gym. There, she stood in front of the establishment in awe. The building was huge and so was their logo. She gulped down and felt herself sweat a little.

"You can do this," she whispered to herself before walking herself inside the building.

Upon entering, Taeyeon was greeted by the front desk staff. Everything was new to her. The smell of sweat and machinery lingered through the whole open gym. Dozens of bike machines and treadmill were in line parallel from each other in the huge open

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter