Progression

My Trainer Is A Hottie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Darn, are you serious?! We could have won!!!" Sunny yelled.

It was just one of those days. Taeyeon and the rest of her friends we off from work and they're spending it together, at least virtually, by playing their favorite game of PUBG. Taeyeon was laying on her back on top of her bed covered in white sheets. She hadn't gone up for anything else, much less to even get breakfast for her own. She usually forgets about taking care of herself when it comes to playing games. This also attributed to the fact that she was really slim and weak.

"I'm sorry! I didn't know his teammate was behind me!" Taeyeon apologized.

"Yah, Taeyeon, you've been out of it today. Have you eaten?" Tiffany asked.

"No," Taeyeon simply responded.

"What gains can you get if you don't even eat?"

Taeyeon paused and remembered her trainer. She's sure that the great Jessica Jung would have yelled at her by now if she didn't eat anything to keep up the energy and strength with the exercises they've been doing and also mainly the everyday activities she has to do. She learned from her trainer that if she didn't eat, she'll lose weight but she'll also lose muscle weight. The least she wanted to happen at the moment is lose the progress she's been having.

"You're right. I'm going to take a pause and make myself something then, unless you want to meet up today?"

"I have my workout scheduled with Yuri today," Tiffany responded, "so I can't make it today if anything. What about you, Sunny?"

"I'm visiting my parents today just to check up on them and see how they're doing. I haven't visited in a while. Sorry Taeyeon," Sunny answered.

"I see... it's been a while since we all hung out of work," Taeyeon was saddened.

"You see us at work every damn time anyway," Sunny laughed, "go hang out with your favorite obsession."

"Yah! She's not my obsession," Taeyeon retorted.

"Sure she ain't," Tiffany snickered, "how's it going with Ms. Jung anyway? Any progress? All I know is that you've been hanging out often together but you never bothered to give your best friends any details on what has been happening."

"Yeah, that's quite unfair," Sunny chuckled.

Taeyeon sighed. She had been hanging out with Jessica quite a lot but with the recent pause in their meetings, she felt dismayed and lost on their current progression. Taeyeon knew not to ask for too much or think about their meetings much but there's an undeniable spark... at least on her end she's sure of it.

"We haven't been hanging out lately. I haven't seen her much at all either. It's weird," Taeyeon remembered the times she's had sessions with her personal trainer recently, "she seemed distant nowadays. Maybe she's got something going on in her personal life that's keeping her out of focus. But she seemed cold lately so I'm not entirely sure what's going on."

"Go ask her out today and see what's going on," Sunny egged on her friend.

"I don't want to push it," Taeyeon refused.

"Instead of you worrying all day about your queen, you might as well try hitting her up and see if you guys can have another 'date'," Sunny chuckled.

"Fine," Taeyeon sighed, "I'll talk to you guys more next time."

 

Tiffany had been making progress in her sessions with Yuri, who is pretty impressed that the happy-go-lucky girl is seeming to be getting more athletic. The girl could hold out wall sits, do more burpees, hold her planks longer, there were just lots of improvements to mention. Yuri was very satisfied with how her client is doing even though they don't meet much weekly. This meant that Tiffany was committed to helping herself get better and nothing makes Yuri's day brighter than seeing clients that are motivated.

"I'm really proud of your accomplishments so far, Tiffany. I'm glad you're sticking with the program," Yuri told her client as they did stretches together.

"I couldn't do it without a really good trainer like you," Tiffany beamed her eye smile.

"Ah... don't flatter me," Yuri snickered.

"But it's true. I'm glad to be gaining this much knowledge about how important it is to keep up with exercise and nutrition. Before, all I thought was that it's important to look slender. But there's more to being healthy than just being slender. If anything, being slender in itself doesn't usually mean you're healthy as an individual," Tiffany explained.

Yuri nodded her head in agreement. She's surprised about how much knowledge Tiffany retained.

"You're right. Just because you're slender, doesn't mean you're healthy and I hope everyone thinks about that. You can be slender but you may not have enough strength and endurance to do everyday tasks. Also, it's good to build certain muscles as you grow older in order to give your bones support. Doing cardio exercises also may help prevent cardiovascular diseases," Yuri mentioned.

"See, you're like the best thing that ever happened in my growth to fitness because you're so knowledgable," Tiffany praised her trainer even more.

"Just because you're praising me this much doesn't mean I'm going easy on you on this session, Ms. Hwang," Yuri smirked.

"I know," Tiffany sighed but looked up at her trainer with determination, "but I'm always up for the challenge."

"That's what I'd like to hear," Yuri smiled brightly at her client.

Tiffany was happy to see that she could cheer her trainer up, no matter how small. She's also glad that her trainer is noticing the progress she's been making as she's been religiously keeping up with Yuri's advice. This just all meant that she's being noticed by her one and only favorite personal trainer.

 

Taeyeon decided to message Jessica to see if the girl wanted to hang out. She still felt weird about asking her to hang out as she never really tried anymore after Jessica never really replied to her message for the same thing previously. But she followed Sunny's advice. It doesn't hurt to try. Luckily, she received a message from Jessica not too long after.

"Hey Taeyeon, I'm sorry for not responding. I was just sorting out myself. I'm up for meeting in a little bit if you're down. I have yet to eat a big meal for once," Jessica said in the message.

"That's alright. You don't have to force yourself to hang out with me if you didn't feel like it. I'm not here to push your buttons but I am indeed worried since you've been off lately," Taeyeon responded, "let's meet over for a hearty meal of barbecue if you're up for it."

"Sounds pretty unhealthy but I'm down. Send me the location and time to meet you there."

 

The two met at a local barbecue spot and were seated right after. Thankfully for them, it wasn't too busy or crowded. Taeyeon wasn't too fond of large crowds, meanwhile Jessica is used to it since she works at the gym, which can get crowded especially before the summer season, when people want to show off their so-called "summer bodies".

"Get whatever you want, I'll pay for it," Taeyeon offered.

"Are you sure? So generous," Jessica mocked the girl and giggled afterwards.

"Yah! Unless you wanna pay for yourself?" the girl teased.

"I can pay for myself, thank you," Jessica grinned.

"I won't let you," Taeyeon shook her head in disapproval.

Soon, their banchan, which contained small dishes of regular kimchi, radish kimchi, fish cakes, and more, came alongside their sauce and their combo order. They had a plate full of 4 different kinds of meat with a side of assorted vegetables to grill. Taeyeon never really ate this much before in her entire life but she was pretty confident that the both of them would be abl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter