Complicated

My Trainer Is A Hottie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days have passed since Jessica almost asked Taeyeon if she could kiss Yuri one last time to confirm that she did not have any other lingering feelings for the girl. Even if she did not end up asking her, Jessica felt really guilty deep within her for even agreeing to Yuri and thinking about it. It sounded logical for the time being but because she is in a relationship with Taeyeon, it was something that would have stepped over boundaries that were immediately placed being in a relationship with another person. It had actually been a while since the both of them talked. Taeyeon wanted some space from worrying about Jessica's endless bouts about her stance when it came to Yuri. Meanwhile, Jessica felt too guilty to even talk to Taeyeon.

"How many days has it been since you both talked?"

Sunny and Taeyeon were hanging out together after work. It had been weird that Taeyeon had been hanging out more with Sunny for the past few days. Sunny immediately knew something was up between Jessica and Taeyeon.

"I wasn't counting," Taeyeon sighed and drank the glass of cocktail she had in front of her.

"And why exactly have you not talked to her all this time?" Sunny proceeded to ask further.

"Because..." Taeyeon began as she pushed the glass of cocktail towards the bartender's side, "... I'm slowly getting tired of the whole situation she has with Yuri. First, I would think that she's over her but, next thing you know, she doesn't seem to be."

"Have you clarified this to her?"

"No," Taeyeon shook her head in response.

"I think it would be best to openly express this to her. This way, you're pretty clear about what she's thinking and she's pretty clear about what you're thinking," Sunny advised.

"But I already told her that it doesn't bother me if she talks about Yuri."

"Maybe that's just at first. You have to remember that you're with Jessica now. Whether she likes it or not, she has to decide whether she wants to keep going with your relationship and cut all the ties she has with Yuri or either let you go and let her move on on her own."

"That seems a bit too extreme don't it," Taeyeon nervously chuckled, "breaking up with her."

"Is it really?" Sunny questioned Taeyeon, "or would you rather keep hearing her talk about how she's not over Yuri the whole time you're in a relationship with her? I'm no relationship expert but this seems too much to handle and way too disrespectful within a relationship."

"I came in knowing she's been in this seemingly neverending thing with Yuri," Taeyeon made an excuse for Jessica, "so maybe I am also at fault for coming into the relationship with that knowledge in hand."

"Then do what you think is best for your relationship," Sunny told Taeyeon as she drank her cocktail drink, "I'm here whenever you want to vent more about things. But having a prolonged period of silence is never good within a relationship that's serious."

"You're right," Taeyeon slumped on the bar counter, "who would have thought relationships are complicated."

"And this is why I'm not in one," Sunny commented.

 

Heading home after hanging out with Sunny, Taeyeon decided to see what Tiffany was up to. If anything, she was sure that Tiffany was probably with Yuri.

"What does Yuri have anyway?" Taeyeon sighed to herself as she thought about Yuri.

Kwon Yuri was a prized possession of The Lion's Den. She was physically fit and was up to any challenge clients that could ever walk through the gym. Her number of clients and success stories were spectacular. She was ambitious. Taeyeon did not have to know Yuri all too well to determine just how strong natured Yuri was.

"Maybe I just need a strong drive like she does."

Taeyeon decided to pick up her phone while laying in her bed and message Tiffany to see what she was up to. Thankfully, her friend responded back immediately.

"I'm currently at home, about to sleep. What's up?" Tiffany asked.

"Just wanted to see if you had some spare time to talk over the phone," Taeyeon responded.

All of a sudden, Taeyeon's phone rang after her message sent. It was from Tiffany.

"What did you want to talk about?" Tiffany asked over the phone, "and before you ask, no, I did not go to Yuri's condo today."

"I wasn't going to ask about that anyway, ew," Taeyeon made a disgusted face and focused afterwards, "I was going to talk about what you liked about Yuri in the first place."

"Hm..." Tiffany smiled just thinking about the woman she adored, "... if we're talking about physical attributes, what's there not to like?"

"I mean... that's obvious enough already," Taeyeon sighed over the phone, "I'm talking more like... maybe personality or everything else that can be seen."

"Well," Tiffany pondered, "her personality is of someone who seems to know what she wants in life. If she does have a goal, she sets her heart and mind to it. She's someone who's confident enough about herself that no matter what life throws at her, she can pick herself back up. Other than that, she's honestly sweet and kind once you get to know her."

"I see..." Taeyeon nodded her head, "... I wonder if that's what Jessica sees in her too."

"How's that going so far?" Tiffany asked, "as far as I know, you haven't mentioned her for days now."

"I'm just looped in my own head," Taeyeon began to explain, "I mean... you've been sleeping with Yuri still have you?"

"Um... yeah?" Tiffany thought it was quite absurd for Taeyeon to ask such a thing, "do you think that Yuri and Jessica are probably seeing each other on the side or something?"

"I wouldn't be surprised, in all honesty," Taeyeon sighed, "I just got back home after talking to Sunny about my thoughts. I think Jessica is really still hung up on Yuri."

"Only one way to find out."

"I know..."

After talking some more with Tiffany about her situation, Taeyeon decided to hang up the phone and prepare herself for bed. After brushing her teeth and washing her face, her phone rang once again. Taeyeon thought it was Tiffany calling but, to her surprise, it was from Jessica.

Taeyeon was reluctant to pick it up. However, it would be obvious that she was avoiding Jessica if she ignored it.

"Hello?" Taeyeon uttered over the phone.

"Hey... how are you doing?"

Jessica's sweet voice resonated through Taeyeon's ears. Taeyeon did miss her.

"I've been doing fine. How about you?"

"Good, pretty good."

It was a bit awkward between them since they have not talked for a while but Jessica decided to get straight to the point.

"Look... I just called to see if everything's good between us," Jessica decided to tell Taeyeon.

"Everything is good on mine as long as everything is on your side," Taeyeon responded. She knew she was lying to herself.

"Honestly, I know you're probably tired of all these things in my head and I think I need some more time to think for myself," Jessica confessed, "it I'm bringing it up like this but I was afraid to face you, in all honesty."

"What is there to be afraid of?" Taeyeon asked out of curiosity, "it's not like I bite or anything."

"The guilt is eating me alive, Taeyeon," Jessica sighed, "I just know how I've been only thinking about myself. It seems pretty cowardly to come about things like this but... I guess if you don't mind seeing the fool that I am, I'm right outside your apartment."

Taeyeon immediately hung up the phone and dressed herself hurriedly to go outside her apartment. As soon as she went downstairs toward the door, she saw Jessica leaning against her car right in front of her.

Jessica took off her phone from her ears and opened the door to her car.

"Mind if we take some night ride?" Jessica asked Taeyeon.

"If you don't mind me dressed like this, I guess," Taeyeon told Jessica.

"We don't have to go out somewhere. I just want to go for a night ride and talk in a parking lot somewhere if anything."

"Fine," Taeyeon slightly smiled and walked towards Jessic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter