Chapter Two

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter

One Plus One Equals Shoo

Namjoon sighs in content. It was the first time he’s gotten a night of peaceful sleep in over two months since Jungkook had become a part of his family. The two months felt like the longest he’d ever experienced with the transitioning of him moving from his temp position to going back to being a freelance producer. 

He had to ready his contacts and started a waitlist of clients who were interested to work with him the moment his contract ended. Along with finding studio space or possibly a building to record away from the artist companies. Then there were the individual songs he was finishing up for the trainee group. 

Trying to juggle all of this with a newly two month old left Namjoon tired more often than not. Which is the reason it felt so great to finally be at peace.

“Good morning,” Namjoon sings blissfully into the receiver. Even answering Jin’s call on the first ring which didn’t happen often. Jin giggled at his brother's cheeriness; it was definitely better than the overworked version of himself.

“I’m surprised you’re so cheery knowing Jungkook has to get his first shots today.” Jin knew the adventures of taking your child to get shots wasn’t one you take lightly. With first shots especially being the worst thing to babies. It was the easiest way to become enemies with your own child if they develop a dislike for shots. 

Jin sighs in defeat when he hears a sound of glass breaking and a hiss following it. The idiot forgot! “How could you forget?” Jin hears a delay realizing Namjoon had put him on speaker mostly to clean up the mess he made. 

“I did.” Namjoon groans cleaning up the glass from the broken coffee mug. Jin’s reminder shocked him momentarily, while he was pouring himself a fresh cup of coffee. The hot liquid soon burned his hand while he was in a daze causing him to drop the mug.

“What am I going to do? Jungkook just developed a liking to me. He’s going to be so irritated today.” Namjoon went through this already once when Jin chickened out sending Namjoon with Hoseok. Namjoon found it to be petty because all Jin had to do was send Hoseok with his father. Instead Namjoon was left to suffer, Hoseok hated his guts for well over a month. Namjoon wanted nothing to do with his shots after getting back in his nephew’s good graces.

“You know I can just come along if you want?” Jin is pretty much an expert in handling these situations now. Namjoon eyes twinkle, his face branding a dimple smile. 

“That would be awesome.” 

“I’ll meet you there with Hobi.”

“Are you sure isn’t he still scared of needles?” Namjoon worries over his nephew a lot. The poor three and a half year old was scared of so many things at his age.

“He’s going through a superhero phase so he should be fine.” Jin brushes it off and Namjoon can’t help but admire the older.

 

“Namjoon, if you don’t calm down.” Jin is beyond annoyed by the younger antics. It was bad enough he miscalculated Hoseok's reaction to being at his pediatrician's office. Hoseok is visibly shaken, hiding into Jin’s side while Namjoon is pacing in the middle of the hall. Jungkook being the calmest of them all in his carrier watching over Namjoon antics. 

“He’s going to hate us Jin.” Jin sighs, rubbing his temples. 

“I’m about to send you to the car for you to wait on us. This is insane, people would swear it was you getting the shot with how you're reacting.” Jin scoffs. “I told you once before I would handle this. I’ll hold him during the shot and you grab him after.”

Namjoon originally thought it was a good idea but now the idea of Jungkook hurting in any way. He grabs the carrier thinking of an escape plan to save his poor baby from the evil doctors. They were all too rough and uncaring. Always leaving the family members to deal with the pain they cause.

“And where do you t

Please log in to read the full chapter