Chapter Twenty Three

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter
One Plus One Equals End

Taehyung hates the feeling of information being hidden from him. When growing up and living with Seojoon they hid the fact that their family specialized in other things for a while until he found out Seojoon’s father was a corrupted corporate official that led a mafia family assisting equally corrupt government officials. After Seojoon’s father passed he cleaned up the family business completely for Taehyung who didn’t have the ability to lead a normal life because of them. But he kept the aspect of their huge family together to protect them from the enemies his father made. To a sense Taehyung respected Seojoon’s father for leaving him with wealth and a legacy to uphold but he’s sure the man is rolling in his grave because Seojoon made use of it in a different way.

Taehyung has always been keen on things. It's like he’s spiritually connected with the ones he loves or he chooses to befriend. His energy had been off-balance since Jin’s phone call and he’s been troubled ever since. For Hyunsik to show up alone reminded him of the first time he lost someone. Instead of confirming, Hyunsik waited until he arrived to break the news to Taehyung, causing a rift between the two. Taehyung blames him for a lot of what happened afterwards believing Hyunsik purposely separated him from someone he considered his family. Someone he would never see again. And now there’s Jin, Hoseok, and Jungkook, who were in trouble while Hyunsik looks like he’s been caught in the act again.

“Where’s Jin?”Taehyung doesn’t wait for Hyunsik to speak up; he hounds him the moment he’s off the phone following close behind the other who chooses to take their conversation outside. “Where’s J-jungkook? You know I-I can’t lose him too. Please tell me you saved him this time.” 

“Hey, you’re crying and it’s already chilly enough out here. You’ll get sick and it’s hard on you when you’re sick.” He loves Seojoon dearly, he's the father he never had, especially with the fact that he hated the bastard of a father he once had. And Seojoon’s father was a piece of who took him in as collateral when his dad couldn’t pay him back. Intinitially, Taehyung was meant to guard and protect Seojoon and even die for him but Seojoon changed all that with a few words. Taehyung is still not aware of what saved him from his previous role. Though he loves Seojoon he knew he was trying to get him to back down and it wouldn’t work this time.

Taehyung simply lifts his hands to his cheek wiping away the tears. He begins to wonder with a snort ‘How many times would I cry today?’ He’s trained himself for years not to show emotions especially after leaving Seojoon now he couldn’t hold them back. 

“You didn’t right? I can trust that you didn’t do it again?” He pleads with Hyunsik praying it wasn’t that situation all over again. They always felt they knew what was best for him and because of those stupid thoughts he would lose people behind it. 

“Tae ah, calm down at least enough for me to explain? You’re asking too many questions at once.” Hyunsik sees the panic written all over the younger's face. He grips his shoulders forcing him to look him in the eye hoping to regain the trust he lost from the other. What he didn’t expect is Taehyung knocking his hands off his shoulders and scowling at him. 

“I waited before, do you remember?” Taehyung's deep tone rumbles with a tinge of betrayal as he stares Hyunsik in the eyes. “A few years after I left home to find the only person who liked and loved me authenticity outside of you guys I’m told they're dead. “You pushed her away, you-” Taehyung breaks down his angered expression materializing into one of excruciating pain and hurt. He’s been hunted by his past the last couple years he took off. Even when he prayed for health and success instead he’s left to mourn someone he never intended to let go. 

Seojoon watches at the moment, surprising yet unsurprising to him. He wondered why the Taehyung who used to bounce around full of energy held his head low leading a miserable life. He’d shut down all of his feelings masking his pain with stoic expressions to hide that he knew how to love and feel pain unlike what their business partners and others thought. Seeing the crack in his facade chipping out a long line etched from his right eye down to his chin. Seojoon so badly wanted it to fall off, break, and never be mend

Please log in to read the full chapter