Chapter Twenty Four

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter
One Plus One Equals Mend

Jin walks over to the other door that connects the two suites. He puts his finger on his lip for the nanny to remain silent along with Hoseok who climbs up on the bed. He does his daddy a favor of plugging up the phone to the charger even though there is no use for it. Jungkook sleeps peacefully in his playpen like the chaos surrounding them would magically be fixed. 

Jin is quite aware now more than ever that Hyun isn’t who he says he is; he’d recalled seeing someone with similar looks enter their room once before but he’s unable to place it because he was dealing with Jungkook. It’s when another male comes in making it painstakingly obvious the guy before him was no relation to Taehyung at all. 

Jin cracks the door staring at the extremely handsome man knowing right away he’s definitely friends with Tae. He’s dressed in an expensive pink colored coat that Jin tried to buy once before because he looks amazing in pink, of course. It’s paired with a purple colored button shirt, with a tee-shirt tucked into what looked to be lilac colored pants, matching all of this with a pair of Doc Martens. 

He dresses similar to Tae rocking nothing but expensive brands and Jin can see the obvious signs of youth in his face meaning he’s younger than both Jin and Taehyung. If Jin is honest he hopes to ask the younger in a better setting to advise Namjoon on how to mix colors because his brother fails miserably when he attempts to be adventurous with his clothing.

“It always amazes me to see you with his face.” The male starts taking a seat on the couch, his hands tucked into the long coat after he places his briefcase on the seat next to him. “If I would’ve known you’d show up I would’ve come sooner.” The atmosphere in the living room intensifies with the newcomers' entrances and Jin didn’t miss at the mention of ‘his face’. The younger male leans forward not even giving a slight look towards the possibly dead man a few feet away from him. Hyun leaning forward also. 

“Wow, they sent Kim Min-Jae, the twenty-three year old superstar lawyer for PSAE Inc.” His laugh is pretty annoying and he stops the moment he realizes Minjae isn’t laughing with him. “Just what are you going to do to me?” 

Minjae smirks at his antics glancing around the room when he spots Jin peeking out of the door. He signals fairly quickly for Jin to close the door while pretending to roll his neck. He shuts it silently though he’s a bit worried for the younger male. Jin jumps with a gasp when the tv cuts on scaring Hoseok who’d laid down falling asleep himself. “It’s ok Hobi.” Jin pats his son back while he sinks back into the mattress and Jin pulls the covers up to cover him. Jin turns back to the TV noticing something white sticking out of it. A white piece of paper reads ‘first drawer on the right’. Jin pulls open the drawer finding a bluetooth earpiece turning it one cut on a live video of Minjae and Hyun on the screen.

Jin sits down next to Hoseok his hair watching as Minjae heads towards the kitchen turning on a kettle to make tea stalling time maybe for Jin? He probably wasn’t sure when the other would find the things left behind. The sound kicks in suddenly and Jin places his hand on his heart, the events lately leaving him weak hearted. 

“You sure are taking your time. Do you really think your men will have time to save you? When mines are waiting to take them down. We will ultimately have V under our control.” Hyun says triumphantly like their plan had already been successful. With Minjae’s entrance it meant otherwise because why would he have been there if he had won.

“Having V versus Mr. Park?” Minjae nods as he takes a seat swirling a tea spoon in the hot liquid unphased by the other. Minjae auras portrays something Hyun doesn’t know and it also confirms that Hyun isn’t so bright. Jin has picked up on a few things from their conversation: He has an inkling that Minjae isn’t the normal superstar lawyer but definitely corporate. And PSAE Inc wasn’t your average business. 

He’s honestly heard a lot of different things about PSAE that it was run by the mafia and they made artificial intelligences and weapons for the government. No one is really sure if it’s true but the rumors surrounding the projects they constantly get approved by higher-ups Jin’s company doesn’t even have contact with.

“To have V is to have Mr. Park.” Hyun quips leaning back stretching his arms across the span of the couch. Jin doesn’t agree that Taehyung would be a device to get Seojoon but in business the one with the most information on the business is usually the right hand man. Hence Minjae would probably be more knowledgeable than Taehyung who ran away a few years ago.

“People

Please log in to read the full chapter